Normal hair washing

Hey,

So I had a HT about a month ago. I'm still delicate when showering, I use minimal water pressure and apply my finger tips gently. It's getting a bit tiresome now though, I'd love to just quickly have a shower and wash my scalp.

Is it ok, at a month post transplant? Or should I continue being gentle and taking my time? At what stage post-op can I just shower and wash my hair like I used to, pre-op?

With 1 month post op you should be able to wash your hair like you normally do with no problems. Best to follow post-op instructions that you probably got!

Edited by Swooping

Proud to be a representative of world elite hair transplant surgeon Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic.

Hairtransplantelite.com

YouTube

Online consultations: damian@bhrclinic.com

Hi, you should be able to wash your hair normally but I would advise on not giving your doner area or transplant area to much of a heavy rub at this moment in time as both areas are still healing.

Also when drying, dab your recipient area with the towel rather than rub it. I did this for about 6 months just to be on the safe side, but even now I do not rub the recipient area to much as I am still a bit paranoid, which I probably shouldn't be at the 8 month+ stage.

Dr Bhatti FUE Oct 2014 3305 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/178931-my-fue-dr-tejinder-bhatti-oct-2014-a.html

It is ok to wash normally at 10 days. Ok, if you're over-conservative- two weeks.

But continuing to "only touch" the areas at more weeks, or months, it's useless.

Yes, maybe at the first HT everybody seems to be over-cautious, but, trust me, almost any HT doctor would agree that, at two weeks, you can do whatever you want , you cannot damage the grafts. Even if you hit your head, for example, nevermind washing or rubbing.

And at this point in time post-op, all of the crusts should also be removed in the shower with the shampoo suds and using your fingertips to remove them.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY