Sure it's possible, but like BUSA said it probably needs to be spread over a number of days and would probably be best to break it up into 2 procedures....maybe 2500 and 1500. 4000 FUE at one time is a lot and most docs probably wouldn't do that.

Hi Cedric,

I had 3305 in one sitting so I guess you should be OK with 3500-4000.

It will probably take all day, but no reason why it can't be done.

Dr Bhatti FUE 3305 Grafts Oct 2014

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/178931-my-fue-dr-tejinder-bhatti-oct-2014-a.html

Cedric,

I think most probably recommend splitting this into 2 days. However, it's unclear whether you would even need 4,000 grafts. This is a HUGE amount, and you don't want to: a) over pack an area, compromise yield, and not have that donor supply when/if you recede further or b) risk the removal of 4,000 grafts in one sitting -- as there would probably be incentive to get them out in a timely manner, and this may decrease the quality of grafts that are already naturally weak to begin with.

We might be able to offer some more specific advice if you share a few images.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Certainly possible with either FUE or FUT. There are many results on this forum. However i do agree it would be better to do in perhaps 2 stages. Personally i think you would have a better yield.

My largest procedure was 3500 FUE and that was from morning to night. In retrospect i wish i had done it in 2 passes.