head injury 2 days after ht, possible loss of grafts?

Hi guys, few days ago, 2 days after i had my HT surgery, while sitting on my plane seat a suitcase from another passanger fell on my head while he was trying to put in a storage locker that was above me which i couldnt see because of my hat. I took a hit on the top of the head and then it rolled down on right corner of scalp. I suffered some injuries but i dont know how serious they are and how many grafts i might have lost. The one that is bugging me the most is the injury on my hair line because i am afraid that it might distrupt it if too many grafts were lost there. So if You could please give me Your opinion on how intense do You think the damage is. I dont remember seeing any pulled grafts, just the bleeding which stopped quickly. Is it possible that even the grafts that were damaged but not pullen to regenerate and grow again or they are permenantly lost? Is there a possibility that even more grafts had been damaged but it is not noticable because they are not bleeding? And last, will i be able to know the amount of damage in few days after i remove scabbs, like for example damaged area is slightly balder then the rest parts od scalp if i lost too much grfats, or if it still has many hairs then not many grafts were lost and it will be ok? Any answer is much appreciated since this freaked me alot, and since then i cant even eat properly

20150612_101827-1.jpg.0ee21e6b8dc9fbec422cb031e3dc7c4c.jpg

Edited by Whitey

I'm sorry this happened to you. I'd try to take it up with the airline. Maybe they'll provide compensation. It must be very frustrating.

If you indeed dislodged grafts there should have been a trickle of blood coming from your head. Sure it's not common scabs? If you lost a few grafts here and there it won't make much of a visual difference. Hopefully a doctor will chime in and provide a prognosis based on their experience.

I once read of a guy who banged his head hard on the sealing 1 or 2 days post op and his grafts came out fine.

I was actually fearing something like that could happen that's why I insisted on getting a window seat and was very vigilant whenever someone came close to my seat.

Next to me was an annoying little girl that kept jumping up and down her seat. I nearly lost it but ended up cowering myself against the window to get as much space for protection as possible. I was so glad to get off the plane with no incident.

You should keep eating though... Your grafts need nutrients that come through the bloodstream.

Edited by ZeoRanger
Additional info

this is terrible news, day 2 post HT, please ring the airlines and get it documented just in case. pray everything is ok.

Edited by Sethticles

June 2013 - 3000 FUE Dr Bhatti

Oct 2013 - 1000 FUE Dr Bhatti

Oct 2015 - 785 FUE Dr Bhatti

Dr. Bhatti's Recommendation Profile on the Hair Transplant Network

My story and photos can be seen here

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/Sethticles/

Thx guys. I think it is too late to try to sort it out with the airline company because 2 days already passed, and at the moment i was so frustrated and angry and all i was thinking is to take my pencil and stick it other passenger's with the suitcase neck. Thankfully i took some xanax and calmed down. Now i am just summing the damage and praying that the day when i remove scabs everything will be fine and that i will have many hairs on the area that i injured. There is a photo of my head that i took few hours after the accident bellow my first post where you can see strains of blood. I just hope that somehow i didn't loose too many grafts and that most of them just moved a bit but stayed and will continue growing even though i dont know is that possible...

Edited by Whitey

Nothing certanly didnt touch my scalp while i was on my way to the surgery ... But i am passed being frustrated because of that, now my main frustration is while i am waiting for scabs to fall out and see how intense was the damage i suffered.

I knocked my head quite hard getting out of the taxi in Istanbul the day after having an FUE hair transplant I was still near the clinic so i went back to see the Doc he gently patted it with a towel as unfortunately there was bleeding,but really there was nothing else to be done the bleeding didn't last for long, the Doc was a bit annoyed with me as he had warned me to be careful he said maybe I had lost a graft or 2 but as it was at the back of my head I don't think it will be noticeable I'm at the 5 month month mark now so still at the in-between stage

I had 4200 grafts so if it turns out to be successful the loss of 2-3 grafts shouldn't make any cosmetic difference ,it doesn't sound as if you had a lot of bleeding so you should be OK.

Just looked at your pic believe me mine was much worse I had a long scab where the blood had ran down the back of my head I didn't touch it I just let it fall of naturally with the rest of the scabs, I'm going to post some pics later today

Edited by Mick50