FUE grafts required?

Hi all,

First post ever. but find all the info excellent:) I am wondering how many grafts I need? Dr marwan saifi recommended 2500. dr hakan doganay 4000 and dr. freiduni 2800- 3500 with need for additional 1500 on crown in a second transplant. If anyone could tell me what they think it would be much appreciated. cheers

5b32e65be2c1b_20150326_1349181.jpg.73bc71fc9f8e973ceefedcbeb3a46360.jpg

5b32e65bef271_20150326_1356101.jpg.18cb590cc3064cbf20bc3ce518680f85.jpg

5b32e65c16b62_20150326_1416142.jpg.c00bcc2c2ddbe8581dc0dd07cf024c2a.jpg

I would recommend that you leave the crown alone for now because of the potential that you are going to lose everything on top of your scalp.

If you are going to move forward, you may want to start with only the frontal zone keeping a high placed hairline and see how you respond with that.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

photos not that great but wouldn't touch the crown just yet esp not on Fin & being your still young.

Kinda risky tossing all your eggs in one basket at this stage of your young life.

Leave as much donor in the donor bank for a rainy day.

My post above states why...

Young age, No Fin = Risky ....cas you could loose a lot more hair behind the transplant.

That's why members is telling you & if your set on HT just frame the face..& save your bank donor aslong as possible.

My post above states why...

Young age, No Fin = Risky ....cas you could loose a lot more hair behind the transplant.

That's why members is telling you & if your set on HT just frame the face..& save your bank donor aslong as possible.

Do to family history etc I think this is as much as I will lose what do you think of banging 4000 grafts into the thinning area?

Family genes plays a role in MPB but who's to really say what you end up with in the future?

Having a HT won't cure your problem it just robs peter to pay paul that's it.

Your MPB won't go away.

What happens when peter got nothing to rob down the line? Where you go then?

Edited by ontop
edit

Family genes plays a role in MPB but who's to really say what you end up with in the future?

Your MPB won't go away.

Thanks for the feedback ontop. I just think working on the front will not do much for my condition if I was to get say 4000 grafts all over then it wud make a significant difference to my thinning. Ur right the pictures aren't showing enough I'm not as bald as I look:)

Don't agree...

Frame your face will do wonders to you.

Okay....have you thought about them weak folicals you have left.

Doing a large HT may give them weak folicals may go into shockloss & yep more often return but who's to say your scalp took so much trama them folicals won't recover so it be perm shockloss.

That could well happen..

All I can say....be smart.

Don't agree...

Frame your face will do wonders to you.

Okay....have you thought about them weak folicals you have left.

Doing a large HT may give them weak folicals may go into shockloss & yep more often return but who's to say your scalp took so much trama them folicals won't recover so it be perm shockloss.

That could well happen..

All I can say....be smart.

I hadn't thought of the shockloss that is true but I have seen some very bald cases get excellent results with large HT. If all else fails ill just be back where I started cutting it very short:)

Your MPB won't go away.

I agree with this, my grandads had hair, albeit 1 was a nw2, till he died, my mums dad is 80 odd now and still has his hair, all my uncles have hair, my dad is 60 now and still has hair, my bro is a nw2. I thought i wouldn't go by a nw2 but unfortunately I'm going bald, had to totally rethink the game

A lotto is a great way to describe it, all my great grandads had hair too so although it's rubbish and seems totally unfair lol, you either get lucky or don't get lucky and as hard as it is, you just need to ride it out for the time being

Ok guys so what ye are saying is if getting a transplant just do frontal mainly to see the extent of the Crown balding? But I have no interest in just the front looking well I'd still rather keep the lot tight than have a good frontal look. I hear u could use body hair for the crown if it came to it. I'm all or nothing I feel. Thanks for the link ontop but I feel that particular guy may have chosen the wrong surgeon in that instance

Hi Mate,

You have a large balding crown which looks to be dipping quite significantly into your donor zone too , you could put 4K grafts alone into that crown and still be thin there, its a nightmare area im afraid

If I was you and concentrate on framing your face and by going FUE you could shave your head fairly short and have a cool look that way

I see you're from Ireland so I'd really recommend jumping on a plane to Belgium(short flight and cheap as chips) and have in person consults with Bisanga and Feriduni before you commit any further, even if you dont choose them to be your HT surgeon you will get great feedback

Best of luck

Hi Mate,

You have a large balding crown which looks to be dipping quite significantly into your donor zone too , you could put 4K grafts alone into that crown and still be thin there, its a nightmare area im afraid

If I was you and concentrate on framing your face and by going FUE you could shave your head fairly short and have a cool look that way

I see you're from Ireland so I'd really recommend jumping on a plane to Belgium(short flight and cheap as chips) and have in person consults with Bisanga and Feriduni before you commit any further, even if you dont choose them to be your HT surgeon you will get great feedback

Best of luck

Thanks for all the feedback guys. Yonex I'm not too worried about that back crown area as how I used to wear my hair and wud like to in the future is similar to this photo below. If I cud just get enough on top I would be happy. Is this possible with 4000 grafts. Again thanks for ur input

Faux-Hawk-Fade-Hairstyles-for-Men-10.jpg.aaf294579dcdda7181565359b276b9f4.jpg

No you won't Romperstomper.

You probably need to do more research on the limitations of hair transplants and the progression of hair loss.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

No you won't Romperstomper.

You probably need to do more research on the limitations of hair transplants and the progression of hair loss.

That's not very insightful chrisdav. Maybe I'm I'm slightly optimistic but iv seen excellent results lately and see no reason why I can't get good results with the right surgeon. What I can take from ur quote is mainly don't waste my time?

As it stands without Finasteride, it is highly likely you are going to progress to a Norwood 6/7 given your age and hair loss.

The hair that you do have on your head without taking Finasteride would likely be shocked out with any surgery as it is on the way out.

5000 grafts is approximately the amount of hair in the picture I have attached Joetronic simulated so redistributing 4000 grafts is going to be impossible to obtain the look what is shown in the picture on the top of your head.

Even with Fue, it is unlikely you will be able to shave that close on the sides with any evidence of surgery.

If you took Finasteride, had enough fue grafts available in your donor area, put a bit of concealer like Wayne Rooney does and have a bit of luck you might be able to obtain some sort of resemblance.

5b32e660cb11a_dsc_26731.jpg.dee31e0eb6579d388d623ef0c3d4bea5.jpg

Edited by chrisdav

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.