Help me decide: Dr. Koray Erdogan vs. Dr. Hakan Dognay

Joe,

I kept this for reference as I think it was really good and hope you don't mind.

Am I right in saying this is 5000 grafts from memory?

5b32e60270203_dsc_26731.jpg.3077457f106733650344d27599847afc.jpg

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joe,

I kept this for reference as I think it was really good and hope you don't mind.

Am I right in saying this is 5000 grafts from memory?

wooooot! IS that 5000 grafts?

That is what I wanted to confirm approximately Mosd.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Chrisdav

OMG!! I had to laugh out loud when I saw that:) I forgot I posted that some years back. It is a bad photoshop job if I ever saw one but I made it to make a point in a similar discussion. If I recall, that was the estimate of what a 5000 graft strip would look like if it were laid across the top of a bald scalp after removal. This is to give everyone an idea of how much hair we're talking about in one session of 5000 grafts and how the strip represents full density in a sea of bald scalp. The area of loss is that of a full blown NW6 which is a bit better off than I was when my loss was at it's worst. This shows how a strip of full density hair must be distributed over a massive amount of bald skin to achieve what we like to call an "illusion" of density/coverage.

Thank you for pulling this out of your archives as it illustrates my point perfectly:)

No problem Joe - I think it illustrates this perfectly.

A picture paints a thousand words.:)

I feel that the picture above is the most important picture I have seen across all the forums since I started my research years ago and hence why it is the only picture I have apart from my own hair transplant pictures in my archive. It sums up everything and so much information out there is potentially irrelevant when this is shown.

Be nice if hair transplant clinics posted this on their websites.

Excellent picture. I agree with the above. All clinics should have this photo on their website.

It really hits home and makes you think, how carefully a transplant should be planned.

OP, do you have photos of your situation? I think all will be able to guide you far better if they can view the problem.

IMO - I don't think you are planning well if you don't want to return in a year. If you are a NW5 in your twenties, outside of a strip megasession of 5k grafts+, you will have multiple surgeries in your future. I think the best way to go is to do the front/midscalp first, and return for the crown afterwards. It is a long process, especially when FUE is involved.

• 2 weeks later...
OP, do you have photos of your situation? I think all will be able to guide you far better if they can view the problem.

IMO - I don't think you are planning well if you don't want to return in a year. If you are a NW5 in your twenties, outside of a strip megasession of 5k grafts+, you will have multiple surgeries in your future. I think the best way to go is to do the front/midscalp first, and return for the crown afterwards. It is a long process, especially when FUE is involved.

Thanks for the comment. I'm pretty sure that I'm a Norwood 4, so things are looking good as far as my Hair Transplant is concerned.

After consulting with the best Doctors in the biz, my procedure is likely to be in the range of 3500 - 5000 grafts. My crown might need minor touch ups after the first procedure (which I'll address with Body Hair/ Beard Hair grafts). These are my "contingency" plans to top off the result. However, my Crown area is responding incredibly well to Meds (the bald circle is shrinking!!!).

Anyways, I've decided against Dr. Koray Erdogan due to some concerns. I'll likely consider him for a follow-up procedure down the road, but I'm going with Dr. Hakan Doganay for this one ;)

P.S) Some pics attached.

1.jpg.2ffafe55aa352391fb27f374705f358f.jpg

5b32e62cac1e3_ScreenShot2015-05-11at7_47_51PM.jpg.dcaaf57809097f9f29ff3e722c855b41.jpg