My 4,000 Graft FUE With Dr. Sanusi Umar – April 7, 2015

Tav1

Hey wylie - thanks. Yes, Dr. U has worked on many extremely difficult cases, and I've seen the great results from many of them. I was really just saying that my original case was otherwise straight forward - and later experienced some complications through no fault of anyone - but was nicely resolved due to the diligence and care of the Doc.

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 month update:

I went back for a "touch up" of 220 grafts on May 4 of this year, approximately one year from my original transplant, as outlined above. Shock loss is real - that's my takeaway. But in this case, it seems to be recovering quickly. The shock loss was at its worse around a month after the procedure, but only a month later, seems well in the way to recovery.

I had posted this in a shock loss thread, but thought it best to post here as well. I'll update with more complete pictures in a month or so, as things seem to be progressing quickly.

The comparison below is June 4 (one month post 220 FUE) and August 5 (two months post).

5b32ee6019718_June4August5.thumb.jpg.7c3192700ffd380747482fe3847f90e0.jpg

• 1 month later...

Approximately 16 month update. I tried to mirror one of the original pics I sent to Dr. Umar for my consultation with a before/after, hence the bad photography. Very pleased with the progress thus far and expect the small touchup I did with Dr. Umar in May to fill in as the months go forward.

Remember Dudes and Dudettes, I'm 50 years old, so for me, this level of density is exactly on par IMO.

oneandahalf1.thumb.jpg.00145518a0ccd0785252355acc6b4070.jpg

Edited by Tav1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

It's been a minute.  Got busy, life got in the way, lost my password - you name the excuse.  A Picture: Before (I started the first step with Umar) and after (as of today) un-retouched, zero product used or otherwise any BS tricks to inflate the appearance of current hair in any way, etc. is attached. 

FWIW: Dr. Umar has almost completed (it appears to me as I drive by anyway) a brand new custom clinic a half block or two South from Rosecrans on Sepulveda, right in the heart of Manhattan Beach, CA.  Almost directly across from Manhattan Village.   Pretty much as close as you can get to LAX and still be in the best part of town, with a great hotel (The Belemar) a block away. 

All of which tells me the Doc is doing something right by his clients.  Hope all is well otherwise for everyone.  Now four years in I can say that your transplanted hair only continues to thicken during the cycling.  I am now able to cut my hair pretty short, parting it the way I used to.  

update.png

Edited by Tav1