How Long Has It Been Since Your Latest FUE Operation?

How Long Has It Been Since Your Latest FUE HT  

7 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi, I just signed up and no doubt will be asking many questions to come. I have been following this site for about a year I'd say as a lurker and now I'm ready to join in on some of the discussions as I am seriously considering a HT.

One of my biggest concerns I am noticing is that there is not that much resource on the net indicating patient success stories that are let's say 3 to 5+ years post-op. Most stories I am seeing if of patients who've had surger(y/ies) within 3 years and then I never seem to find anything beyond that.

I don't mean like if you had a HT in 2009, then another one in 2013. I am speaking about since the last HT you've had, I am not seeing many of those stories reporting (which worries me).

I have created a poll to this question so that we can also see how long it has been for HT user since their last operation.

Also, if you are one of the people who's latest HT was 3 to 5+ years, please provide us with some details such as if you are still happy with the results or if there's something you would like modified.

Thanks for reading ;)

Two and a half years since my first FUE surgery. Had another in January. Great results!

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Most people have surgery and move on. Some have surgery and don't come back for several years then reappear when they are ready for another. I'm going on 3 years since my strip.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Yea that's definitely one reason many people who've had surgery more than 3 years ago haven't really posted. They just move on because they've reached their goal and over time drifted away from the forums.

But in contrast, I'm sure there are some horror stories that some people wish never happened and want swept under the rug for good because it brings up so many bad memories. I am just trying to see where the community is at and a poll would give a rough idea of that.

P.S. Great news that all of you above are still happy with everything.

of course their are horror stories but what exactly do u think that is gonna tell you? the majority of ppl that have a HT are happier then they were before they had a HT. wat exactly are you trying to uncover here?

if ur relying on a poll to decide whether or not u shud hav a HT then I wud say u really need to do some more research.

lots of ppl hav a HT and are very happy cause they feel they hav their life back and no need to carry on on a forum that only reminds them of how miserable they use to be. ppl move on. or, their HT was such a disappointment that they no longer post.

some will be FUE and some will be FUT. wat do u think that is gonna tell you exactly?

of course their are horror stories but what exactly do u think that is gonna tell you? the majority of ppl that have a HT are happier then they were before they had a HT. wat exactly are you trying to uncover here?

Please don't insinuate why I'm asking this question.

if ur relying on a poll to decide whether or not u shud hav a HT then I wud say u really need to do some more research.

This is ALL part of my research weather you see any benefit to asking this question or not.

lots of ppl hav a HT and are very happy cause they feel they hav their life back and no need to carry on on a forum that only reminds them of how miserable they use to be. ppl move on. or, their HT was such a disappointment that they no longer post.

Agreed. But even still, it is very strange not to see any 5 year updates at all. Good or bad.

some will be FUE and some will be FUT. wat do u think that is gonna tell you exactly?

Please stay on topic.

Your post here (for the most part) added nothing to the thread other than spam to be quite frank. Instead of just answering the question directly (and maybe casting a vote) you tried to psycho-analyze my post to see what the reason is for me asking my question.

I tried to even click your username to see if I could find your results and I didn't (no pics, no blog and you have over 700 posts!), so there must be something you're lacking as well and hence the reason you are still visiting these forums. Maybe you also need to "do more research".

Sorry if you take any of this as offence, it's not meant to be. It's just your post would have held more weight had you had something relevant to add like RESULTS!

Also, there is no need to go any further into this side discussion between me and you. You can PM me for that. If you feel you need to get the last word in, go ahead, if it's gonna make your ego feel better.

I think you are being a bit sensitive.

BUSA hit it right on the head. You aren't going to see many of those people posting here because 3-5 years later they have moved on with their life. It should have zero impact on any decision you make. If you owned a BMW and sold it 5 years ago, would you still be posting on BMW message boards today? Mmmm....probably not.

Dude, it's the Internet....NOTHING gets swept under the rug in any aspect of life anymore.

I think you are being a bit sensitive.

Well yea, i do also believe my response came off that way after re-reading everything, so I do apologize for going a little overboard.

BUSA hit it right on the head. You aren't going to see many of those people posting here because 3-5 years later they have moved on with their life. It should have zero impact on any decision you make. If you owned a BMW and sold it 5 years ago, would you still be posting on BMW message boards today? Mmmm....probably not.

Regardless of if those 3-5 year follow up stories are posted here or not, I am rarely seeing any across the entire world wide web! If you or anyone can link to anywhere on the net with 3-5 year or more post op pictures or stories that would be really helpful to me. Post as many as you can find.

Dude, it's the Internet....NOTHING gets swept under the rug in any aspect of life anymore.

You'd think.

Also, I don't know how long HRN has been around, but if I had to guess I'd say longer than 3-5 years, yet no one out of all the people who came and went could really give an update. I am not ignoring what you and BUSA said. But you have to also admit it is quite odd not to see any updates beyond that, even thought hair transplanting has been around and talked about for decades, and even more popular in the last 10-15 years.

What about blogs? You mentioned someone who sold a beemer 5 years ago wouldn't frequent a bmw forums and that makes total sense, but also I would not be surprise to find a story of that person talking about their beemer that they sold 5 years ago.

Finally, this has "very minimal" impact on my decision. I already have the money for the op(s), a surgeon who I'm in contact with and have narrowed it down to. And an estimated date of when I plan to have the procedure and I realize the risks involved. So I'm not just asking a whole bunch of random questions that come to mind, these are legitimate concerns.

The thread so far is pretty much how I expected it though. I didn't think we would find much stories beyond 3-5 years, but it's better to put it out there because you never know who could be browsing either now or maybe this thread can help someone with the same question a few years down the road.

You just won't find many.....it's not even about the fact it's been 3-5 years but because the people are happy and don't care to post anymore. Look at the people who got bad transplants 20 years ago....trust me, you still hear from them now on here (but that's because they are unhappy and obviously their original issue with hair loss was never correctly fixed). It's a testament to hair loss advances since 20 years ago. Most of the people on here have been bogged with hair loss issues mentally for YEARS AND YEARS.....once this issue gets done, I would feel most want to put that part behind them and just live normally and forget about that past part of their life. They really don't want to spend one more minute on it. I'll be here to check in on my progress occasionally for the next year (since I just got mine) and to help a few others as I was helped when I first came here.....but you won't catch me back probably after a year. You would be surprised at the amount of people who post great results at 6 months and then disappear....they just put it behind them quicker.

It's just not odd, trust me. There is nothing further to update really after 12-18 months. Your result won't be any better at 24 months or 48 months than it is at 12 months.

I know for a fact there are a few people on here who have been around several years....just do some searching of threads from back then. Matter of fact, most of these people have had multiple HT's because the first one was so good. It doesn't necessarily mean people are going to come back and reply....it's like a part I put for sale 5 years ago and forgot to take the ad down...and then I get an email here and there asking if it's still for sale, I don't even bother replying.

Trust me, 6 months ago a HT was the absolute LAST thing I ever was going to do. Had the cash, just wasn't going to risk it. That being said, it's honestly the easiest thing I've ever gone through (even easier than my wisdom teeth). I did the research. The doctor is 98% of this decision. I never had to doubt my doctor's skills or expertise and that took a lot of stress out of this decision. I spent more than I originally planned but don't feel the least bit negative about it.....because I know it's all about quality and not price. The hardest part is the wait after it's done because you know it's going to look great. Listen, anyone can fix your knee if you tear a ligament....from an NBA ortho surgeon to the guy at your local hospital. Neither is going to be any better....the knee is going to be fixed, end of story. HT is not that way....it's plastic surgery....800 people in the USA can harvest grafts and plant them.....but only a select few do it well and have the end result come out like a Van Gogh.

I get messaging me asking how much I paid for the HT as like the only question. Would you rather be 80% happy for 15k or 100% happy for 19k when it comes to hair? I'll take the 100%.....I don't care about the $4k.

Thanks Matt3480! Reading your response above was very reassuring. Good luck with your HT! I do hope that you and others alike can however sometimes check in after 12-18 months post op (even if it's on a yearly basis) with a few recent pics after 12-18 month post-op just to keep the community updated. I myself would probably update up to 3 years or so once I've undergone my HT.

P.S. I'd pay the extra 4k ;)