Thinking of abandoning hair systems after 6 months

starr

Well, it was a drastic move to shave off my transplanted hair and get a hair system... but my baring vertex was really starting to make me self-conscious and feel ugly. I have to say although I felt like a million bucks confident man on a dozen days, thats only a dozen days out of 6 months. Most of the time I felt very self-conscious and paranoid. I've seen some people's eyes look at my hairline while talking to me and I just wanted to run. I dated briefly a girl who just wanted to run her fingers thru my hair... and I had to lie and tell her how much I hated having my hair played with! And then I had stupid hair when I got out of bed, when I took off a hat, and when I had been out in the wind.

I work a performer and dread having stylists put me in their char and touch my hair and me have to tell them its a system.

Is anyone in their 30s truly enjoying their hair system? If so, please tell me how. If I cant get used to it and absolutely love it, Im going to be looking at SMP and another transplant...

Why did you not place the system just behind the front hairline that was transplanted to provide a more natural front. I've seen that done before and it looked pretty good.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I did that the first time around but I found that it did not do much. I only left a very small width of the hairline to blend in, as had been recommended to me. Its possible that my own hairline was contrasting too much with the density of the system, I dont recall. I just ended up shaving it off for sake of simplicity. But yes that would be an option to possibly try again if detectability was the only thing of concern.

for the front i always had lace (either french, swiss, or ultrafine).

but i think the density was probably too "abrupt" for the biological hair I was leaving...

since i'm considering SMP, this could possibly be what I need to make it blend better with a hair system (?)

I think one of the dead giveaways with a hair system is too much density. If you got a system that was a little thinner it would be a closer match to the hair at the front.

Personally, I think for guys with more advanced balding, the transplanted hairline / system behind transplant solution is pretty ingenuous. If one does not mind the upkeep, you could transplant at a very high density for the first inch or so at the hairline and then wear a very good system behind it.

I thought about that last suggestion you made but I know the day would come where I would no longer want to wear a system. Me at 82 putting on a system? NO WAY! So I'd rather save my remaining donor and place it elsewhere. As for getting lighter density in a system, I know what you mean. However, if Im going to pay for something I dont want it to look the way I would look without one. Honestly, hair systems have drained my wallet and my energy.

Do you wear one?

I tend to agree that a lower density piece to start is no bad thing. We are talking 70-80% rather than 100% and avoid a wall of hair. Without photos we can only speculate as to what your main gripe(s) were.

So it sounds like you have about 3k grafts left in all. Is shaving ever a possibility for you? If not, consider stripping out and getting on fin. Then if you need to fue. You may not be able to do everything you want so you'll have to consider your long term priorities.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.