Potential Recommendation of Dr. De Reys of Belgium

Dear forum members,

As many of you know, we gather as much information as possible about a physician, their staff, technique and track record before they are even considered for recommendation on the Hair Transplant Network. Part of our review process involves getting input from patients and the members of this forum community. To learn more about this review process, click here.

Dr. De Reys was considered for potential recommendation several years ago when he worked for ProHairClinic. Numerous examples of his results were presented and examples of his work looked quite good. However, because FUE wasn't as popular and credible as it is today, many concerns and questions went unaddressed. However, Dr. De Reys pressed onward and now that FUE has become more widely accepted, he is ready to be considered again.

Thus, we'd appreciate your input regarding the potential recommendation of Dr. Rudi De Reys of Berlaar, Belgium. To see our standards for recommendation, click here.

Dr. De Rudi Reys has approximately 10 years of experience and performs FUE hair transplant surgery exclusively at his clinic in Belgium. He operates on only one patient per day and has the staff and experience to perform 3000 grafts in a 3 day session when appropriate for the patient. Dr. De Reys conservatively harvests no more than 1000 follicular units in a day to minimize resultant scarring and maximize growth yield.

Dr. De Reys offers free consultations and specializes in FUE, eyebrow transplantation, hair transplant repair, and scar revision. He uses a manual punch as small as .75mm to reduce trauma and resultant scarring to the skin and has the ability to dense pack up to 60 FU/cm2 when appropriate for the patient.

Dr. Rudi De Reys sees FUT as a compliment to FUT/strip surgery however, he only provides FUE at his clinic. By cherry picking only the best grafts without a time limit, Dr. De Reys feels that he can overcome the additional forces that are placed on the graft. He can also harvest a higher rate of double and triple haired grafts with survival rates typically exceeding 90%.

Given Dr. De Reys' vast experience in performing world renowned FUE and providing only the best results, in my opinion, he should be considered for recommendation.

In recent weeks, Dr. De Reys has presented several examples of his procedure and recent results on this forum. Dr. De Reys' Recent Patient and Surgical photos can be found below:

2700 Grafts via FUE with Dr. De Reys

1640 Grafts via FUE with Dr. De Reys

1280 Grafts via FUE with Dr. De Reys

1500 Grafts via FUE with Dr. De Reys

3000 Grafts via FUE in 2 Days with Dr. De Reys

2300 Grafts via FUE in 2 Days with Dr. De Reys

Patient Posted Result - 5000 FUE Grafts with Dr. De Reys

Patient Posted Result - 5000 FUE Grafts with Dr. De Reys Continued

Patient Posted Experience and Result - 2300 FUE Grafts with Dr. De Reys

Patient Posted Experience up to 5 Months FUE with Dr. De Reys

Members Post Their Interest in Presenting Dr. De Reys for Recommendation

You can find additional examples of his work by visiting the “Results Posted by Leading Hair Transplant Clinics” forum and by using the “search” feature.

I welcome input and comments from forum members regarding his potential recommendation.

To view our standards for recommendation, click here.

Onwards and Upwards,

Bill

Firstly i would request the administrator to instruct Dr. De rays , to post only "before after HT comparison pics " , not in thread or blog form.

I notice, results are ok.

But In future, I would like to see, high density hair line results.

nitesh

Bill when you say .

( Dr. De Reys was considered for potential recommendation several years ago when he worked for ProHairClinic. Numerous examples of his results were presented and examples of his work looked quite good. However, because FUE wasn't as popular and credible as it is today, many concerns and questions went unaddressed. However, Dr. De Reys pressed onward and now that FUE has become more widely accepted, he is ready to be considered again)

Have you a link please to his previous recommendation so we can see the concerns which were raised that went unanswered?

The results I have seen of his of late are very good but a number of weeks ago a poster who is a member on another forum also said that he has been showing some fairly poor results there.

I think ko was on the same thread so maybe he will remember it better than I !

Three days seems very long winded and imo serves no purpose but to prolong the discomfort of the patient to obtain 3000 grafts.

Are we to think that this timescale is of any benefit when excellent results are obtained harvesting and implanting these numbers in a day?

Hopefully someone can recollect the poster who questioned his reputation for stellar results.

I will reserve judgement to see if further information is forthcoming in regard to what I have just said.

Have a nice day.

Edited by 1966kph

id like to see more examples of higher number of graft patients. any average HT surgeon these days can pull off 2000 grafts. the real skill seems to be wen they can consistently perform 5000+ FUE grafts.

First of all me personally id like to see more mega sessions and some more patient blogs but that said, i do like hes work and the way he goes about things from doing basickly every aspect of the procedure unlike most clinics these days yes he prefers do do small sessions in consecutive days buy that can only benifit him,his nurse and the client in getting the best yield for them and less fatigue.

My vote would be yes going by what little i have seen. But if i know this site and how it works hes already being pre screened and already in the process of recommendation on this wonderfull site.

So congratulations dr de reys on your recommendation.you deserve it,imo.

1966kph,

The previous concerns surrounding recommending Dr. De Reys wasn't about him, but about whether or not it was appropriate at that point to recommend a surgeon who solely performs FUE. The debate was regarding whether or not FUE was consistent enough to recommend surgeons who didn't perform strip surgery. There was no actual topic considering Dr. De Reys for potential recommendation as we didn't make it that far in the process. However, this debate did take place on various topics on the forum.

Regarding the case you are referring to, please provide me with a link (send it to me privately if it's on another forum please) as each case needs to be evaluated one by one.

I hope this helps.

Bill

Wwizkid,

Dr. De Reys is on the conservative side and only harvests and transplants up to 1000 FUs per day. An FUE "session" however can take place over multiple days and as stated, he can and has performed up to 3000 follicular units over a 3 day session. Thus, I wouldn't say there are really any "megasessions" to show other than what's already been presented.

Best wishes,

Bill

Guys,

I think it might be interesting to take a look what members said on the thread "Show of Interest for Dr. De Reys to Apply for Potential Recommendation". Many members shared their genuine enthusiasm about him and his work even before we reconsidered him this time around. Below are some of the responses from the forum topic.

Mickey85 stated, "I feel he is a hidden gem and is often overlooked and has his own niche that caters for people looking for cheap, manual FUE in Europe with intimate(not like that hehe) contact with their surgeon."

James84 said, "Very good FUE Doc" and "Some very nice results and some patients i have spoke to, state he has a big portfolio of what he has done since he left Prohair."

Denny said, "I like his work."

Throwaway28925 said, "Seems like a very good doctor"

Hariri said, "Great Job Mickey85, you are going to bring a surgeon who has the three words as a slogan (LOW COST, TOP QUALITY, SAFE) :-) "

You can find many more comments on the forum topic. Overall, many members have expressed a lot of enthusiasm about Dr. De Reys and his work. I personally am impressed as well.

Best wishes,

Bill

Thanks for the reply Bill.

From what i have seen his work looks very good but i do not see any advantage in the length of time he takes doing the op.

I would not fancy being in the chair and having 6 lots of injections to obtain a 3000 graft ht and im pretty sure people who have been in the chair would probably agree.

But as long as the patiants know this and are willing to go with this setup i see no problem with it.

I still reserve my judgement till i have looked at other forums into his supposed poor results of late.

Have a nice day

1966kph,

The previous concerns surrounding recommending Dr. De Reys wasn't about him, but about whether or not it was appropriate at that point to recommend a surgeon who solely performs FUE. The debate was regarding whether or not FUE was consistent enough to recommend surgeons who didn't perform strip surgery. There was no actual topic considering Dr. De Reys for potential recommendation as we didn't make it that far in the process. However, this debate did take place on various topics on the forum.

Regarding the case you are referring to, please provide me with a link (send it to me privately if it's on another forum please) as each case needs to be evaluated one by one.

I hope this helps.

Bill

• 2 weeks later...

Guys,

Thanks for your input on the potential recommendation of Dr. De Reys. I've been viewing examples of his work for years and overall, I've been very impressed. The overall impression of members on this forum for over a year is that he should be recommended. Also, many of you on this topic feel that he should be included. Thus, we've gone ahead and approved Dr. De Reys for recommendation. You can view his recommendation profile by clicking here.

Congratulations to Dr. De Reys for becoming our newest recommended physician.

Onwards and Upwards,

Bill

• 1 year later...