ukhairtransplantclinics

Hi,

i am about to book in for a transplant FUE at uk hair transplant clinics harley street, the hair transplant surgeon is Dr Hassan Nurein, ive tried to find his reviews online but there is hardly anything apart from his own website, id like to hear from people who have had a procedure carried out by Dr Hassan Nurein, if possible please post pics,

on a positive note he is on the ishrs website along with dr raghu reddy, shiparo,shah malak and farjo so i am guessing he must be good.

please let me know if there is any one out there as it is just so confusing.

thanks in advance

Today,

I'm not familiar with this surgeon, so I can't comment on his work. Also, the ISHRS does not pre-screen and approve physicians like our community. Any hair transplant surgeon can sign up and be listed. Frankly, I think it's a good organization. However, it isn't one that screens and/or evaluates physicians before listing them on the site.

Have you taken a look at our recommended physicians? Dr. Reddy, Shapiro, and Farjo are all on the list.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

hairtodaygonetommorow,

Do not use this clinic. I have posted on threads on the forum before about this clinic stealing before and after pictures from Coalition recommended surgeons.

Cancel any surgery you have with them now and do a lot more research.

ISHRS means absolutely nothing literally.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

They featured on bbc3 documentary aswell the video is on YouTube I met the guy Paul at Harley street who seemed good . Also they give written guarantee if after 14 months you don't have satisfactory results they will sort it out for you for free, they hav had one case so far which they had to do again which was satisfactory but the patient was not happy and they offered him free treatment. You can see Paul in the BBC documentary . As far as i know they are working in partnership with different surgeons so if they are using before and after pic of a patient treated by that surgeon then it's fine isn't it?

I have seen before and after pictures used by the clinic from several recommended doctors on here. They still have some up on the website currently. The clinics will have no working arrangements with any of them.

Written guarantees of a repair treatment mean very little as once the grafts are gone, you cannot get them back - everyone has a finite donor supply.

Lastly as for being on the BBC:

The consultant who previously worked for one of the most notorious Uk clinics that I had previous poor work with was on ITV show "This Morning" a couple/few years back commenting on Wayne Rooney's hair transplant.

I am being brutually honest with you.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Thank you for your reply lol I am put off now, problem is I can't travel to Turkey or any where els and Farjo is out of my budget ... What do you think of Dr mazhar hussain he has just opened up in Brighton now after Denmark Norway and Pakistan , I've see on this forum a lot of people have had great results by him?

For example?

Thank you for your reply lol I am put off now, problem is I can't travel to Turkey or any where els and Farjo is out of my budget ... What do you think of Dr mazhar hussain he has just opened up in Brighton now after Denmark Norway and Pakistan , I've see on this forum a lot of people have had great results by him?

You are following a well worn path of people who did not do enough research and trusted the skills of untested physicians on something so important as the way they look and present themselves to the world, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, for the rest of their life.

You are gambling with your appearance, and I must warn you, the odds are stacked against you. You can roll the dice if you want to, but be prepared to spend years of your life and all your money to repair things if you don't like the result.

And one of the Cardinal Rules of getting a HT is not letting the doctor who gave you an unsatisfactory result do your repair, as they have already screwed it up once. Most doctors will be happy to try and get it right the next time around, and most patients will be unhappy a second time.

Think, research, and invest your time and energy into getting things right the first time.

I met a patient at his clinic who was having his procedure done at the time, Incidently I met on a flight later on. It might not be a lot of people but who ever is there on the forum or other wise is giving good feedback I couldn't find a negative one so I am guessing it must be good... All I want is a hair transplant which is in my budget and good results.... offcourse I don't want to be ripped off and look worse after the procedure and some one botch my head up. All

I am doing on here is asking people who have had such procedures to guide me so hope fully I can get a good satisfactory result. And be all smiles ...

Who would you recommend ? Keeping in mind I do not have ?10-20 k budget

You are trying to get a great result for a cheap rate and have done little to no research.

Do you know that this is a recipe for disfigurement?

There is only one thing you should do at this point, and that is research. Or you can just roll the dice and hope for the best. You never know, you might even get lucky.

Hey mate, I'm from the UK as well. You need to spend at least 6 months researching before you decide to have a hair transplant.

If you can't afford and respected surgeon and aren't willing to travel abroad to visit a better prices one then you shouldn't have a hair transplant just now.

This is NOT a trip to the dentist. It is MAJOR surgery and one that will affect the rest of your life. All surgeons are not equal and that's why there are so many repair cases.

Do you research and save up and they make an informed choice.

Also, are you taking propecia? It's a must really as you will likely continue to lose hair.

Good luck

Propecia since July 2008

2201 Grafts with Dr Lorenzo on 19.10.22 - See my write up here:

What splitting hairs and wylie said. Hair transplantation is a COSMETIC SURGERY. Not all transplant docs and clinics are created equal, and you will find that each has a different aesthetic and approach that significantly affect the cosmetic outcome. Hair transplantation is about more than just getting some hair removed from the back and sides of your head to grow on top of your head. It is about creating a cosmetically appealing plan, design, and result that suits the particular patient and ends up being as indistinguishable from nature as possible. You can see transplanted patients every day where the transplanted hair "grew" in its new location, but the design, technique, and execution was subpar such that the result screamed hair transplant. Is that what you want? For life?

Take your time. Do some real research. After you have narrowed down your favorite docs and clinics to a few, do in-person consultations or virtual consultations (photo, Skype) with each of them. Then, and only then, should you decide to undergo hair restoration and choose the physician to operate on you.

Edited by PupDaddy
type

Don't scrimp on costs either. If you absolutely, positively have to have it done in the UK and you can't afford Farjo then save UP until you CAN.

Failing that, hit Europe. The pound sterling is doing great against the euro right now so you could save a tidy sum. Feirduni, Lorenzo, Bisanga & Mwamba are all gold standard surgeons who very rarely, if ever, disappoint.