Graph Amounts??

I am 29 and have been losing Hair since 22. I started Propecia and Rogaine at 24 and have def. slowed down thinning and lose. I have recently had consultation from MHR (Medical Hair Restoration, and am going to go have procedure with Dr Anthony Mullura in NYC. I was told I would need 1000 Graphs but after reading some post 1000 does not look to be enough and a waste of money. I also have minor CVG (Cutis Verticis Gyrata) which is a rare disorder on scalp causing ridges which makes my hair look thinner. I am going to put graphs on front of hair where hair line is now and lower receding hairline. I would love some honest opinions on how many graph it looks like i might need. I will try to add more than one picture but not sure how to do that yet. Also if anyone had any resources on CVG, could you please point me in the right direction? Thanks!

9641098_D7C17E7D42E6BE74330872F2341C930D.JPG.thumb 3741098_4DD3AC17FF92AE1F4C12AFEF9CF31A95.JPG.thumb 2741098_C6487BA877CEA52600BB96C9BE9533F8.JPG.thumb 1741098_B96519859EB04889AFE79904DC2960B8.JPG.thumb

honestly; i would definitely cancel with mhr asap; even if you lose your deposit; the money lost will be miniscule down the road when you consider future repairs, additional surgeries etc by going with mhr; i would consult with coalition docs on this site; i'm thinking right now i would hold off on a ht; 1000 grafts will not make a big cosmetic differance on you;

Good Lord, no...

First, I think your hair looks pretty good and I'd stay on the Proscar and Rogaine.

Second, Dr. Feller is in NYC as well and is widely considered one of the best in the world. I figure his prices are probably comparable to MHR as well.

You should do what dhoose says and cancel that appt. asap. In somone like Dr. Feller's hands, I'd say 1,500 grafts or so would make a great difference for you.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

Your hair looks good, you don't need HT. If you grow the hair longer, it will probably give you a better coverage.

I am not a doctor. The opinions and comments are of my own.

HT with Dr. Cooley on Nov 20, 2008

2097 grafts, 3957 hairs

Proscar, 1.25 mg daily, skip the 5th day, started Nov 2007

My Hair Loss Blog - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

1500-2000 grafts, imo. The number is irrelevant, tho, if you go to a chopshop like MHR. If lucky, you'll get a mediocre result and prolly pay a premium for it too. I'd recco holding off for a bit, research, and do some consults with bona fide elite docs.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

How many clinics did you consult with ?,I have only heard bad things about these people and its best to avoid hair mills that perform many surgeries each day.You get put on a conveyor belt and pay for it too.HT is a very hard surgery to perform successfully and many perform it to poor standards and it is very unregulated. You may have saved your head by coming here as its obvious you havent done much research. These chain clinics rely on us not doing any research before and being taken in by the flash websites and smooth sales pitches. you should go see Dr Feller for a consult as like Dewayne said he is one of the best out there and has many results posted here for all to see.

HT 2006/7

TC, with all due respect, "hair mills that perform many surgeries a day" is a subjective statement. H&W seems to do many surgeries a day, but probably no where near what a "chain" as large as Bosley OR MHR does, yet again they (H&W) seem to do a large # of operations per day and they are consistently recognized on this forum as one of the best. I don't know if the number of procedures done by one office in a day is an immediate black mark against any HT doctor OR office. I'm in no way saying MHR is bad (because I know nothing about them other then Wade Boggs does their commercials) nor am I saying H&W is bad since all I know about them is what I have read on this site + talking with Jotronic on the phone. I just don't think "many surgeries a day" is a disqualifier in and of itself

ANTWIS, relative to my level of hair loss you should be thrilled at where you are, but HT is ultimately a personal vanity issue, and if your hairloss makes you feel "down" then you should keep looking into (and creating more) options for yourself. Take advantage of all the options that are out there!! It's always best to have more options, so go out and talk to multiple top doctors and DO NOT make a move until you know you have the best doc for you (or perhaps you choose not to do it at all).

Hope this helps a little

I have canceled appoint with MHR and have re-scheduled with Dr Feller as suggested. Thank you for your comments, as i know my hair lose is nothing to probably cry about but i would not be here if it did not bother me. Thanks for your honesty

Good choice ANTWIS79,shouldIdoit I think you have not understood what I meant fully,by hair-mills I mean like Bosley and MHR and another Greek FUE clinic where you turn up on the day and there are 5 surgeries going on and it is pot luck which doctor you get, good or bad do you think ?????. I know from first hand experience. Its not worth the risk as you are likely to get an o.k result at best or maybe be very lucky and get a great result and be butchered at worst. Most well informed HT veterans with poor results from these clinics will probably agree with me on this. I dont know why you bought H & W in to this topic as they are a classy operation of 2 doctors (hardly a chain clinic !!!!!!!!!!!!) and you know who is doing your surgery on the day. Hope my standpoint is better understood now. I lot of what people say on here is subjective and it is for people to take that information presented and make up their own minds.

HT 2006/7

On the computer screen I think you are jumping the gun a bit. See Dr. Feller...sometimes an inperson visit is way different from the pics.

Stay on the meds if you aren't having side effects, and transplant when you have something to gain; not just when a consultant needs a sale.

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA

William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

• 1 month later...

I've had HT done by dr mollura at mhr and can say the experience was great and the outcome better than expected. Very professional, never felt I was on a conveyor belt, and had techs with me throughout the procedure, inc. dr m for strip removal and suture, and punching out the transplant area.

full disclosure - I do Not work for MHR.

feel free to review my blog on this site.

i am planning ht #2 and would choose mhr and dr m.

Best!