Dr Ron Shapiro --- Recent FUT (my HT #3)

fortune11

Coming on well at six months. Sure you'll be very happy with this in another six.

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

Janna / Garageland / Pete -- thanks for the encouraging comments ! I am really looking forward to seeing it grow out fully. Then one last pass for the crown if needed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FUT #1, ~ 1600 grafts hairline (Ron Shapiro 2004)

FUT #2 ~ 2000 grafts frontal third (Ziering 2011)

FUT #3 ~ 1900 grafts midscalp (Ron Shapiro early 2015)

FUE ~ 1500 grafts frontal third, side scalp, FUT scar repair --300 beard, 1200 scalp (Ron Shapiro, late 2016)

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/185663-recent-fue-dr-ron-shapiro-prior-fut-patient.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you are thinking of another procedure to address your crown, be sure to do scalp laxity exercises starting in 2-3 months from now. There's Vitrase to help with the laxity during surgery but it wouldn't hurt to create some laxity on your own.

If you are thinking of another procedure to address your crown, be sure to do scalp laxity exercises starting in 2-3 months from now. There's Vitrase to help with the laxity during surgery but it wouldn't hurt to create some laxity on your own.

One reservation I have with doing scalp laxity exercises at 8-9 months post op is due to the increased width of the scar in one particular area (behind the right ear) , as I mentioned earlier in the thread . Dr Ron has suggested giving it the full year to see how it heals and adjusts further. Not sure if doing scalp laxity exercises will interfere with that healing process. Maybe it won't, but I may choose to play it safe here.

Regardless , if I am opting for an FUE as my fourth and (hopefully) last procedure , do you still think scalp laxity exercises are needed ? I thought they were relevant only in case of FUSS where the donor area needs to be stitched back together .

Thanks for the suggestion though and look forward to your comments.

FUT #1, ~ 1600 grafts hairline (Ron Shapiro 2004)

FUT #2 ~ 2000 grafts frontal third (Ziering 2011)

FUT #3 ~ 1900 grafts midscalp (Ron Shapiro early 2015)

FUE ~ 1500 grafts frontal third, side scalp, FUT scar repair --300 beard, 1200 scalp (Ron Shapiro, late 2016)

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/185663-recent-fue-dr-ron-shapiro-prior-fut-patient.html