Adderall for finasteride induced brain fog

Torip

I have been taking 1.25 mg of Proscar on alternate days for about an year and half now. I do experience mild to moderate sides, mainly brain fog. I feel sort of disconnected from the world. It is little bit affecting my performance at work too.

I was wondering whether Adderall would help in getting rid of brain fog. It is a widely used ADHD medication and has been known to improve brain functioning by increasing neuron firings.

Does anyone have any experience using Adderall for brainfog ?

Torip,

Most doctors avoid prescribing one drug to counter the effect of another. This is especially true with potentially dangerous medications like amphetamine salts (ie Adderall). I understand the theory; finasteride is making you "foggy," Adderall clears people up. Mix the Adderall with the Propecia and you'll be back at baseline! Unfortunately, the two drugs work in very different ways; and I don't think the two would really balance each other out. Adderall isn't targeted specifically for the brain either. It will work as an "upper" in a lot of different ways. This means racing heart, elevated blood pressure, anxious mood, et cetera. You may be better off talking to your doctor about the finasteride dose. In fact, scheduling an appointment to discuss the situation with your doctor should be the first step.

Good luck!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

I agree. Don't use a controlled substance to offset another med. If the sides are worse than the gain, drop the fin.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Why is it such a bad idea to use performance enchaining drugs for the brain? I believe Adderall is heavily used by college students to help them with their tests etc. And I do not think Addreall is that bad it terms of side affects. Of course there is the problem of addiction. Is in't it logical for someone to experiment with the drug before ruling out its usage for brainfog? And to begin with we do not know whether it works for Finasteride brainfog.