On Propecia for 12 months, and a negative result. Answer these questions please! Opinions count too

default609

I've been on propecia for 12 months now and no results. If I had to judge by eye, I would say I didn't see any results. I did go through a shed phase about month 5. However the pictures it would seem; my crown, mid scalp (top of head), and front has lost a significant amount of hair. My hair does not look the same as it did before I started.

Any comments could help.

how old are you? What is your family history of hairloss? and can you post some before propecia and current pics?

If you've continued to lose hair - was it at a slower rate?

You should probably have a review with your prescribing doctor to evaluate.

Have you been buying it over the internet - if so it might be a counterfeit.

Propecia since July 2008

2201 Grafts with Dr Lorenzo on 19.10.22 - See my write up here:

Originally posted by default609:

I've been on propecia for 12 months now and no results. If I had to judge by eye, I would say I didn't see any results. I did go through a shed phase about month 5. However the pictures it would seem; my crown, mid scalp (top of head), and front has lost a significant amount of hair. My hair does not look the same as it did before I started.

Any comments could help.

so wait, does it mean I can start losing hair faster with it?

Is it possible for the hair that i lost in one year have something to do with the shed phase? Read this article I found, maybe If I wait one more year on Propecia I will see results!?

Here's the link its short too.

Any comments could help guys.

(promotional link removed)

Originally posted by default609:

Is it possible for the hair that i lost in one year have something to do with the shed phase? Read this article I found, maybe If I wait one more year on Propecia I will see results!?

Here's the link its short too.

Any comments could help guys.

(promotional link removed)

and this one.

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/ha...-news/article223.php

Again, it all depends on the stage of your hairloss. Been taking Proscar, then generic finasteride (cheaper) religiously for over 5 years now with great success. The way I measure it is through the amount of hair left on my brush in the morning. Loads before, none now. I strongly believe finasteride saved my crown. Of course this is a "life sentence", once you start, you can not stop. But I have accepted that, and it's no more difficult than taking your vitamin C in the morning.

3045 FUs with Dr Victor Hasson on 8 June 2004

1836 FUs with Dr Jeffrey Epstein on 2 March 2006

Regimen: 1.25mg Proscar every other day

Do whatever you want sir. I'm just giving my opinion... They say to wait a year before you giving up, and its been a year for you as you said, so I'm thinking its probably not going to work for you.. In my case I saw results in about 3 months...

Originally posted by brentipold:

Do whatever you want sir. I'm just giving my opinion... They say to wait a year before you giving up, and its been a year for you as you said, so I'm thinking its probably not going to work for you.. In my case I saw results in about 3 months...

What kind of results? I been taking it for two months now and my hair is falling out still, I assume I should wait until 3 months until seeing if there are any results or not? (by results I mean hair doesn't fall out anymore?)

i would recommend you give it a little longer before quitting fin i was on generic fin bought online for 9 months with no results so decided to quit.

id always been aware of the possibility of the drugs being fake so decided to give it another go but this time with a prescription and getting my propecia from a chemist.

after a year i still had no results and thought about quitting again but thank god i didnt because at month 14 my shedding stopped completly and hair started to thicken up.

it now been 2 years and my hair looks better than it did 5 years ago.

Originally posted by david007:

i would recommend you give it a little longer before quitting fin i was on generic fin bought online for 9 months with no results so decided to quit.

id always been aware of the possibility of the drugs being fake so decided to give it another go but this time with a prescription and getting my propecia from a chemist.

after a year i still had no results and thought about quitting again but thank god i didnt because at month 14 my shedding stopped completly and hair started to thicken up.

it now been 2 years and my hair looks better than it did 5 years ago.

Hi david007,

Sounds like you did the right thing by not giving up, I wondered if your using anything other than fin? Did you have any side effects with either the generic or pescription?

Cheers

i have had no side effects at all from propecia. i started using niz every few days at about 12 months in.. this was a couple of months before the shedding stopped dont know how much was down to the niz but the combination seemed to work well. just stick with it..

• 2 weeks later...

I have been using Propecia for 6 years now, and am only 26. My first year with the drug, experienced my most hairloss in any 12 month period. It was unbelievable. My hair loss has also continued since this stage, however I do believe I have reached a plataeu or at least a much decreased rate of hairloss. What you must ask yourself, or me myself, is where would I be right now if I had never have used Propecia. For sure much worse off folicularly!

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.