Sold on FUE, down to 4 docs (Reddy,Bisanga,Lorenz,Feriduni)

ready4Hair

I spent a couple year totally against FUT and considering top FUT surgeons only but after getting close to making the decision started reconsidering my prejudices (poor yield, etc)

However I saw some of Dr. Reddy's work and how he can get more hair per FU yield. This led me to start researching FUE in depth.

I have diffuse thinning top and receded hairline, but maintain a decent illusion of hair (not full head but not as bad as it actually is)

I just started Finasteride to address the crown as I want to leave it out of the first HT and just rebuild strong hairline and some temple work. If the Fin halts or reverses crown even I can do a second ht for crown in a year as Fin works on back and HT works in front.

I really like Dr. Reddys cherry picking to get high hair to fu yield (I did the math and his AVERAGE is 2.7-1 vs more like 1.8-2 for others).

Dr. Lorenzo's yields look amazing though I don't love his hairlines always (that pointy 50s pompadour look).

Dr. Feriduni seems IMHO to have the best of both, and seems to not only do great hairlines, he seems to offer and like to and realize that temples are a HUGE part of any excellent HT result. I'll take a few hundred less on top to get a good temple rebuild anyday, most of the HTs I dont like are the ones without that balance.

Any thoughts on these Drs? I am very much leaning towards Dr. Feriduni as he seems almost like the Dr. Rahal of FUE when it comes to hairlines.

Dr Lorenzo best doc for high norwoods, I don't mind his hairlines, arguably the best HT surgeon on the world, don't think I've ever seen a bad result from him, not one.

Dr Feriduni, I do like his hairlines and temple point work (I had 3500 FUE with him last month), his FUE results overall are good, but perhaps not as many wow results ad Lorenzo. You should note his techs do the extraction and implantation. He is the most aggressive of the docs in your list, agree with others that he is a YOLO kind of doc.

Bisanga seems to be a good all rounder, lots of solid, nice results. From a personal point of view though his results have never wowed me and his hairlines are probably a notch down from Feriduni's.

Reddy's hair to graft ratio is the best of all these docs. He achieves really good results with half the number of grafts that other docs (such as Erdogan) use. He is a fantastic choice of doc for getting the most bang for your buck in terms of grafts. His hairlines though don't wow me.

Hi, you have narrowed it down to some great docs there.

Tbh it comes down to who's work you prefer.

Dr reddy is good but most of his hairline exapmples are 800 grafts and I feel density is an issue. Also, he doesn't go anywhere near native hair which means there's a slight gap and if you lose more it will be obvious.

Lorenzo is clearly excellent at FUE. As you mentioned though, his hairlines are very mature and receded.

Feriduni is the most aggressive, but be aware that you need to plan for the future as you will likely lose more hair.

How old are you and what NW level are you??

Propecia since July 2008

2201 Grafts with Dr Lorenzo on 19.10.22 - See my write up here:

I love Feriduni's work truth be told. I liked Dr. Reddy's approach and crunched some #s and he seems to average almost 2.7 hairs per FU which is huge and claims to still leave a good 2-2.2 on remaining donor area. That said I did notice the gaps in his hairlines. Lorenzo's work is stellar but do not love his hairlines (like them, don't love them). Dr. Ferudini seems to me to be the best especially because he believes in temple work and being more aggressive. I have the 'advantage' of being 52 but also a very young 52 on the way up not a 'retire ready' guy but living more of a 30s life. I was classified by a top strip Dr. as being either 3 Vertex or 4. Basically receding and diffuse thinning on top. Somehow the qualtiy of my hair gives a decent illusion of coverage. I just started Finasteride after being off it for ten years (and any topicals). So I am pretty sure given my age, the addition of fin, my loss is pretty much halted if not slowed appreciably.

Additionally given the last ten years (very hard) and a bright future I have no issues being aggressive and also concentrating on hairline/front and let the crown either a) stabilize or b) improve or c) slow down.

Given your age and that you are on propecia, you shouldn't experience too much further hair loss. I would suggest you consult with them all online and tell them what you want. Listen to what they say and their graft estimates.

FYI Lorenzo does do temple points when needed:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/173757-6453-fu%92s-dr-lorenzo-injertocapilar-com.html

Hope this helps.

Propecia since July 2008

2201 Grafts with Dr Lorenzo on 19.10.22 - See my write up here:

Hi, I did see that work. Now call me crazy but I don't love it (apologies to Dr.Lorenzo and patient as clearly it is amazing work, just not my cup of tea).. I might have gone for less density or higher hairline and some more temple/side work. Perhaps at a certain point of loss you just have to accept you aren't going to have that head of hair. So it is less about age-appropriate to me than it is loss-appropriate. Honestly: I am 99.9% sold on Dr. Ferudini at this point and 100% sold on FUE, after coming <this close> to getting a FUT. I not only think his FUE is great, I think his hairlines are phenomenal, exceeding perhaps even Dr. Rahal's best work which is saying a lot. I'll probably have to wait a bit for an appointment but that will give the FInasteride some time to stabilize or reverse crown and other miniaturization and frankly I've turned my life around from the crazy stress, poor diet and lack of sleep that plagued me for the last decade so that should reflect in the coming months.

Regarding cherry-picking triples and quads, that is something FUE can do in general, I don't think that is limited to Reddy.

Feriduni has good hairlines, and since you are a NW4, if you dont have much crown loss, maybe he is a good option.

Bisanga, I think is highly skilled and you will not go wrong with him.

Lorenzo is definitely conservative, and if his hairlines are not to your liking then you can rule him out. That said, I think Lorenzo's hairlines are better now than the ones in his earlier years which were definitely a bit on the harsh side.

I definitely have thinning crown (was in fact suprised when I did overhead shot) but in any event won't address it with HT, will either let it stabilize or reverse with fin,I am happy with hairline/front and yeah, seems to me then that Ferudini is the man for that.

I can vouch for Dr Feriduni as I had my HT with him in August and was a great experience. He's a lovely man and everything is first class. I met with Bisanga also and consulted with Lorenzo but I felt Dr Feriduni was the right choice for me. You won't go wrong in his hands.

Hi that is great to know london81. He seems to not only have an amazing stable of great results, everyone seems to uniformly speak so highly of him and of his willingness to really listen to the patient. I know that doesn't always translate to doing what the patients want, but I am sure you have experienced as I have the Drs that sort or rush over you or tell you what they plan on doing vs understanding who you are and what you want. I can't really see working with anyone else at this point.

Dr Lorenzo best doc for high norwoods, I don't mind his hairlines, arguably the best HT surgeon on the world, don't think I've ever seen a bad result from him, not one.

Dr Feriduni, I do like his hairlines and temple point work (I had 3500 FUE with him last month), his FUE results overall are good, but perhaps not as many wow results ad Lorenzo. You should note his techs do the extraction and implantation. He is the most aggressive of the docs in your list, agree with others that he is a YOLO kind of doc.

Bisanga seems to be a good all rounder, lots of solid, nice results. From a personal point of view though his results have never wowed me and his hairlines are probably a notch down from Feriduni's.

Reddy's hair to graft ratio is the best of all these docs. He achieves really good results with half the number of grafts that other docs (such as Erdogan) use. He is a fantastic choice of doc for getting the most bang for your buck in terms of grafts. His hairlines though don't wow me.

Hi, I agree on Dr. Reddy whose work and yield actually made me rethink FUE. I'm thinking though that either of the other two with instructions/requests to do so could get the same yields as clearly they are not guessing on FUs either.

Lorenzo does have wow results but more than a few are not hairlines I like or that look natural to my eye. The 6k one plus is an example of "Wow!" and for me at the same time "No!". I'd much prefer to have seen that hairline back a bit and less dense perhaps with more work on the temples. I don't love the 1950's Fabian pompadour. Again he has outstanding yield and results just not my choice for hairlines.

I saw all of Dr. Ferudini's FUTs and FUEs on his site and almost all of them are to my eye wows in terms of hairlines, I am talking Dr Rahal level wow. There is also an eight minute video which is wow almost beginning to end, especially when you see the hairlines he draws and how so many of them have temple lines added. Lastly one thing that really put me over the top with him was the amount of time all his patient say he takes in understanding what you want and who you are. Everyone has their own needs/preferences but to my eye Dr. Ferudini's results put him in the top 3 worldwide, FUE or FUT.

BTW just curious with the above anaysis you went with Dr. Ferudini? I'd gather from the review he'd have been #3 for you. That said how was the experience and are you happy with the hairline?

;;

No for me he would be #2 behind Lorenzo, but his hairlines are arguably the best in the world. I told him this and he didn't disagree with me ;-) I am happy with the outline of the hairline, but unlike some posters I don't want to go overboard with the experience until results start coming in; I've seen it too much on this site, a few weeks in and the doc is the second coming, twelve months later, not so much, when all that enthusiasm has died down and the result is below expectations.

No for me he would be #2 behind Lorenzo, but his hairlines are arguably the best in the world. I told him this and he didn't disagree with me ;-) I am happy with the outline of the hairline, but unlike some posters I don't want to go overboard with the experience until results start coming in; I've seen it too much on this site, a few weeks in and the doc is the second coming, twelve months later, not so much, when all that enthusiasm has died down and the result is below expectations.

He didn't disagree with you about Lorenzo being the #1 FUE Surgeon in the world or himself being the # hairline FUE in the world? And do you mean you chose Dr. Ferudini despite not being as good at FUE yield (in your opinion) as Dr. Lorenzo but decided to opt for his superior hairline skills (in your opinion)? Or was it just the difference in cost?

Lastly I get what you mean about not going overboard, yet if you are doing so from some superstitious place, I'd say (in my opinion) it is always best to put the best positive hope and view on it vs playing it down. I know the temptation can be 'if I say it is great then I'll jinx it' but I think by saying so (if you believe it) you only help yourself feel and do the things that help it turn out great.

Edited by ready4Hair
clarification

Out of curiosity, why isn't Rahal on your list if you ppi u speak so highly of him for fue?

If you are asking me, I don't believe Dr. Rahal's FUEs have been as good as his FUTs and would not put him with or near the big three FUE yet (IMHO). I believe his hairlines are astounding but would say that Dr. Feriduni's FUT and FUE hairlines are on par at least.

Reddy is extremely difficult to consult with if you are out of country. His secretary e-mail responses are pretty useless -- basically just boiler plate templates with your name inserted. His prices are also high, and don't justify the mixed results I've seen coming from his clinic. This experience may be different for domestic patients.

The other three (Bis, Feri, Lor) you mentioned have strong yields and are good for conservative hairlines.

Hi,

This is a great forum for all the resources on HT. Any good recommendation for transplant in san francisco / san jose / bay area.

Which one yields better results FUE or FUT. Also read about ultra refined FUE, is this better than other procedures

Greatly appreciate your input