The cost of propecia is a joke

MikeTheDane

I've had a hard time getting my finasteride,- had to change doctors twice, which is not for free, before finally getting one who would subscribe me a proscription for generic fin instead of propecia.

What a mindblowing difference.

Propecia: $65 for 30 pills of 1 mg

Copy Farm finasteride: $15 for 98 pills of 5 mg

i saved about 6500%. God bless copy farm. :-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

11/04-07 - 800-1600 ish grafts - danish clinic - poor results

12/02-08 - 2764 grafts - Dr. Devroye - good result but needs hairline density

03/12-10 - 1429 grafts - Dr. Mohmand - result pending

Feel free to visit my picture thread

My Hair Transplant Photos - Surgery with Dr. Devroye

Young lads below 25 unite!

What is copy farm? I hear you on the expense, but to be fair a lot of these drugs would have never been invented if all they could get was $4 a bottle. So, the patent really spurs research and this and every other industry is done for economic purposes, first and foremost.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

In Virginia, I hear that Costco pharmacy is the cheapest at about $50.00 per month.

Dewayne is correct. Drug companies expect a return on their investment. With propecia/proscar, the company got a double bonus, with the side effect of prostate health being hair regrowth. Thus there are 2 markets or profit centers from this one drug.

It is pricey, but particularly for select patients, this medicine is well worth it.

I have posted that I took propecia for 11 months and I really believe in its benefit for many patients. We do not "sell" propecia out of the office, so that my recommendation for propecia is not another attempt to generate office profit, but rather a genuine recommendation for patients to use it and assess their results.

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA

William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

i hear you Dr. Lindsey, but whats the difference between propecia and generic finasteride, besides the discomform of cutting it into 5 pieces?

I have posted that I took propecia for 11 months and I really believe in its benefit for many patients.

Why did you stop it Doctor?did you get any sideeffects?I used it also for about 12 months and my hair were thick and healthy allover!!!I had regrowth and everything i was agood responder but unfortuantely i had sideffects which got real bad and i first reduced the dose but eventually stopped it icon_frown.gif

should we believe everything?

Or you can get Proscar 5mg and quarter the tablets. At the same price for Propecia you are paying about 65 bucks for the equivalent of 120 doses. That works out to about 16.00 for 30 doses of finasteride AND you have the benefit of knowing you are getting the real stuff.

CopyFarm looks to be a Danish online pharmaceutical supplier. I tell people to beware of online pharmacies due to personal experience but this one may be fine. Buyer beware but I hope it is the good stuff and the company is reputable.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I agree, however i did not buy them online - i bought them at the local pharmacy, on proscription, so i am pretty sure they're legit.