PRP Injections for hair loss?

WAYNED1991

Has anybody ever had PRP injections for hair loss? I heard it costs $450 per needle?

How much did any of you pay? How much times did you have to visit the clinic per year?

How much did it cost per year? Were there any long term after effects or any side effects?

I really want to try PRP for my hair as opposed to finasteride & minoxidil because there are no side effects?

Thanks.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/176857-hospitalized-prp-therapy.html

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/160493-prp-injections-dont-do-its-potentially-negligent-criminal-activity.html

Only minoxidil and finasteride FDA-approved effective treatments (although they are not miraculous).

Hair is a spesific protein produced by very specialized cells, keratinocytes which are located in the hair follicles (roots)

Growth factors by platelets do not stimulate keratinocytes to produce hair. They can only stimulate fibroblasts which produce another spesific protein, fibrinogen which is just for wound healing.

PRP is advertorial marketing gimmick

There was mesotherapy years ago, does anybody remember its name now? PRP is another injection material for mesotherapy. At least mesotherapy was innocent. But removing blood from the vessel, pinprick; PRP should be considered criminal (my opinion)

There is very serious side effect of PRP, it transfers money from one pocket to another, which pocket do you have?

I wouldn't waste your money on PRP injections. I think some clinics use them to aid healing post HT but there's no proof it helps grown any hair.

They use PRP during HT claiming better hair growth after HT,

Hair follicle cells go catagen phase immediately after HT (so-called shock loss phase). This catagen, shock-loss phase lasts about 2-3 months at least and nothing can stimulate keratinocytes to produce hair at that phase.

Platelet survival time in the blood is abouıt 8-9 days, much less in the tissues when injected.

HT wounds are so minor and simple wounds that can totally heal in 48-72 hours. (except FUT strip wound). And, (more than) enough amount of platelets are already accumulated in the HT woulds, no need more in fact.

Avoid PRP based clinics, they just conceal some deficiencies in their practice, or they are running business, good for them, but, for us??

I completely agree with above, PRP is completely marketing gimmick. Avoid that trap!!

Better save that money and invest later on HT!

And ya not everyone get side effects from Rogaine and Fin, I will say at least try once!

Cheers

Good, the number of smart guys are increasing in this forum.

A new, similar product of Minoxidil has been introduced recenty. If its assertion is true (higher and deper absorbsion through the skin), it may cause less side effects than Minoxidil - skin irritation due to its plant extraction components and incomplete absorption.

Nanoxidil claims: Nanoxidil features the latest nanosome encapsulation technology to enable more targeted absorption to the base of the hair follicle.

But some time should be passed to prove its claim will be true or not.

havent seen any prp results to see its effectiveness for hair loss. its a sunk cost based on unproven theories. be careful.

What a miraculous treatment is that! It grows hairs, rejuvenates skin and makes you look younger, regenerates cartilage, heals wounds.

All in one.

It will treat a limp dick soon (it maybe already does)....:)

Side effects: nothing, removal of some blood, about 500 pinpricks for about 500 bucks, almost nothing.

They are insulting our intelligence. we do not buy it, thanks....

• 1 month later...

You should use hair transplantation because it will give you a natural and permanent result. It's a long duration procedure but gives effective and long lasting result and hair will be still remain natural.

Thanks

(Promotional link removed by moderator)

Edited by David - TakingThePlunge