Planning FUE by Dr Bhatti Chandigarh in Dec-2014

Roots555

I am 30, male, Indian suffering from Norvood 2 hair loss. Currently I am in Australia.

I planning FUE by DR Bhatti in Dec-2014. I am currently checking for available dates with him.

I read a lot about him in this site and finally decided to get the FUE done with him. But now I am not sure as he is not responding to all my questions. I read a lot that he responds to all the questions very patiently..... but it did not happen in my case. This is not a complaint, but I just want all my questions to be answered before I go ahead with FUE.

'What do you suggest to maintain existing hair after FUE' - I raised this question thrice via email along with dates. I always get an answer for dates but not for this question.

As I told you earlier I am at Norvood 2 stage and 30 years old. I am suffering from hair loss from around 10 years. I am afraid that I may loose more hair after FUE and it will look more patchy... What do you guys suggest? Please help. Can we maintain existing hair for sure with medication? Or should I go for FUE again in future? I amscared of the stage where my transplanted hair in the front stays and the original hair sheds leaving a gap on my head....

I am 30, male, Indian suffering from Norvood 2 hair loss. Currently I am in Australia.

I planning FUE by DR Bhatti in Dec-2014. I am currently checking for available dates with him.

I read a lot about him in this site and finally decided to get the FUE done with him. But now I am not sure as he is not responding to all my questions. I read a lot that he responds to all the questions very patiently..... but it did not happen in my case. This is not a complaint, but I just want all my questions to be answered before I go ahead with FUE.

'What do you suggest to maintain existing hair after FUE' - I raised this question thrice via email along with dates. I always get an answer for dates but not for this question.

As I told you earlier I am at Norvood 2 stage and 30 years old. I am suffering from hair loss from around 10 years. I am afraid that I may loose more hair after FUE and it will look more patchy... What do you guys suggest? Please help. Can we maintain existing hair for sure with medication? Or should I go for FUE again in future? I amscared of the stage where my transplanted hair in the front stays and the original hair sheds leaving a gap on my head....

Hi Rootz555,

Please accept our apologies if any of your questions did not get answered. Dr. Bhatti makes it a point to respond to each and every email himself within 12 hours or less. With dozens of Patient emails finding their way into his inbox every day, there is a chance that a part of your email might have been missed.

Now, to address your questions, here is my suggestion/advise (as a fellow hair loss sufferer). You could take Finasteride tablets and also apply minoxidil to your scalp post-op. Please research Finasteride to educate yourself on the benefits and the possible side effects. Other than these, I am not aware of any recognized medication/treatment available currently to "maintain" the existing hair. There is a chance that you might still end up losing the existing hair down the road and might have to go for another HT procedure.

I wish you all the best.

California

DarlingBuds FUE's profile photo 

North America Representative and Patient Advisor for:
Dr. Tejinder Bhatti, Darling Buds Hair Transplant Center, Chandigarh, India.

Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

I can understand that, but as a patient we get lots of questions and it makes a lot of difference if we get the answers from the Dr.

So what is the best option for me? To wait or get it done? I am really confused. I thought I could have a detailed discussion about this with the doctor, but I get replies only for dates etc but not for these kind of questions.

I can understand that, but as a patient we get lots of questions and it makes a lot of difference if we get the answers from the Dr.

So what is the best option for me? To wait or get it done? I am really confused. I thought I could have a detailed discussion about this with the doctor, but I get replies only for dates etc but not for these kind of questions.

Hi Roots555,

Below is a response to your questions from Dr. Bhatti. I hope this helps. Please feel free to send me a PM with any additional questions. I will be happy to help.

It is best to post all questions all together so as to maintain continuity and perspective.

The existing hair cannot be retained in any manner. They shall ultimately fall if your genes have destined them to.

However medications can help to postpone your balding but to varying extent.

Yes, in case the hair falls off, you need another procedure.

And there is no way to preempt this by getting the procedure done when it is not yet needed in areas other than what have been suggested by the doctor.

Regards,

Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Thanks for the response. I have always posted questions together....

I am not thinking of getting the procedure done in areas not suggested by doctor....

I am afraid that I may loose more hair after FUE and it will look more patchy... I am scared of the stage where my transplanted hair in the front stays and the original hair sheds leaving a gap on my head....attaching a photo of my front hair currently.

Front.jpg.0eec8d0b2974fb0e9864e8420e7661b2.jpg

None.. He is the only one I approached.
the search button is ur friend. there are FAR better options out there. obviously you have NOT done ur research. what? cause ur indian and he's indian that means he will provide u the best results? think again.

I have yet to see him perform a HT on anyone that looked great. his work is decent at best and ppl like you get suckered into the low pricing. save ur money up and go with someone with more skill and a better results.

you may not get a chance to go with someone else if all ur donor hair is depleted. if u want fair results go with Bhatti. if u want great life changing results look elsewhere.... there are at least (10) other great HT surgeons to chose from that are reasonably priced.

Yes, money is one of the reasons and I can go to India a familiar place..

ok...whom else do you suggest...

Hi Roots,

Money/pricing could be one of the reasons but should NEVER be the primary reason when it comes to selecting your HT Surgeon. Take his advise and use the "search" button to research on this Forum. I would encourage you to also put Dr. Bhatti in the "search" field and see what you get. Do your own diligence and I am sure that you will be able to make the right decision.

I wish you all the best.

California

Hahaha here comes the Rep. Of the clinic to put out the smoke ... do not Try to SELL .. its a question of Life for a HT patient ... u will anyways get the money even if it fails ... try to put yourself in the same spot as the patient and see how much it hurts ... always Business .. Business in India .. ouffffff

Hahaha here comes the Rep. Of the clinic to put out the smoke ... do not Try to SELL .. its a question of Life for a HT patient ... u will anyways get the money even if it fails ... try to put yourself in the same spot as the patient and see how much it hurts ... always Business .. Business in India .. ouffffff

This Patient initiated a post on this Forum saying that he had not received answers to some of his questions when he had emailed Dr. Bhatti. I was just being proactive and tried to get him the answers to his questions.

Please read my comments again and judge for yourself if I was trying to "sell". I really don't need to "sell" anyone on anything. I gave two suggestions to this person:

1. Never choose an HT Surgeon primarily for the price/cost.

2. Do your due diligence and research, including searching on this Forum. How is that Selling.

Didn't understand the part about "Business in India....oufffff".......was that supposed to be an insult on India as country? I hope not......

Thanks,

California

Start saving man! Remember Hair transplant is very big decision.

I will advise you to start Fin and Minox and monitor your results, remember medicines takes time to work. So at least be patient for one year.

Till then please research and save money, go for best!

Good luck!

I know what to do now. I should wait till I am ready with all my questions answered.

Anytime Roots555 , Just remember whoever you choose .... Research Research Research .... and before deciding the HT , Remember to Meet the Doc check his REAL Patients , and ASK for a Refund if it Fails . After all you are not only investing your Hard earned Money , but also your Life and your Dreams , and you do not wanna disappoint the Chicks also ;)) Ladies dig for Full Hair Guys ....FACT !!! ))))

Hi Roots

Mikeey and California are 100% right in saying "Do your research" before you decide on your surgeon. When I did my first HT, I only did about 2 months research on the internet for my surgeon/clinic, looking back now that wasnt enough time...BUT for my second HT I did about almost 2 years research, spoke to many top HT surgeons from around the world, had few consultations aswell and in the end I decided on Dr Bhatti as I believed he was the right surgeon for me. There are and will be people on this forum who dont like Dr Bhatti's work, in the end that's their opinion, you need to speak to Dr Bhatti patients who had their HT over a year ago to get accurate feedback.

I had my HT with Dr Bhatti in october and I couldnt believe how busy Dr was, he was doing 2 procedures a day, replying back to emails and doing consultations all in a days work.

I know Dr Bhatti had few days off, as I was trying to get hold of him, hopefully he is catching up on his back log of emails.

If you have any questions you want to ask me please do and I wish you all the best for your HT. I will send you a private email with a link to my procedure blog.

I used to take Finax which stopped my hair loss with no side effects. I took it almost for 4 years. But I stopped it from the past 1 year for no reason. I should start it back.

The first time I used minoxidil in 2006 I couuld not bare the irritation in my eyes so I never touched it again. I am thinking of trying Regaine foam now.

Any idea how to buy Dr.Reddy's Finax in Australia? I found this site InhousePharmacy.biz but I am not sure.....any reviews on this site? Any one from Australia ? I worried about customs etc...can we import Finax like this? As Proscar is a prescription only drug in Australia.