Why do sooooooo many people stop posting their results?

FUE2014

1. Fear of people you know finding your photo's and knowing you have had a HT

2. Good result and moving on with your life.

3.Can't be arsed.

4.Clinics prefer to post pictures for you .

5.People only really comment these days on mega results or really bad

I'm going to try to keep mine updated .

Hi guys ....

Quite an interesting debate going on here. I think most of the posts here have some element of truth in them, there may be disappointment by some, life getting in the way for others and a certain amount of selfishness. People do tend to take what they need and then move on without a care for others.

However, there does come a time when a poster really cant add much more to what has already been offered. I have a thread going and I have not posted for quite a while as I am in that stage of where there is really nothing much to see that would add to my thread. I am in the waiting stage and being a scar patient then I cant really see anything until I cut my hair down short and that will be quite a few months away already. I asked my wife to try and take pictures and she has not done a great job so I am keen to see what is going on as much as anybody.

Also, there comes a time (usually after a year) where the final result can pretty much be seen and the poster has little more to show. For me, there will come a time when I realise my final result is in and I will post the pics and then have nothing new to show. I wont waste time (mine and others) posting pics of the same thing. I will probably drop by now and then and still continue to reply to private messages but wont know until then if there is much more I can offer.

There are some great people on here and admittedly a few lurkers who will never really add to the forum. Such is life I guess .....

Pepe .....

This is a good topic that comes up every now and again.

Considering the vast majority of people of this site are lurkers rather than posters what happens after surgery is that some of these lurkers try their hand at posting their story. Any clinic who knows that patients who come from the forums will ask if they are going to document their story.

Many of these patients didn't contribute to the forum beforehand because they are not that type of person to post but they read a great deal. People don't like commenting on forums at first for fear of being made to look stupid by asking questions perhaps others think they should already know so they just read.

To all those patients that had good surgery most go through an initial high that lasts a few weeks to a month. This is the time that most go onto post their story because they feel they need to give back to the guys and the forum that they learnt so much from some do it as they are grateful to their Doctor. These are the guys that are more likely to give up posting at some stage whether that be 1 week or 8 months or somewhere in between.

Why do they give up? people can only speculate but for all the reasons that people have already said, you cannot say it is down to just bad results or the patient being unhappy.

People use this forum as a crutch and most don't need it anymore once the hair starts to come in. We can all live in a reality where people are selfless and want to document their story just for the benefit of us but that is not the case, people move on and they don't owe the forum members or the clinic a debt to follow through with their updates. I have seen it time and time again a patient that is in regular contact with me for the first few months and then I struggle to get a photo from them.

I think that people on this forum either tend to focus on the good or the bad a patient who is 6 months and not showing the type of result you might expect gets a lot more heat than the guy who is on track likewise the guy who is looking amazing at 6 months gets much more interest.

If a patient comes on here documenting a solid but not outstanding result and doesn't get much interest he gives up after a while after all what is he documenting his result for other than the members of the forum, it is a shame as the number of lurkers that read these threads should be taken in consideration. I am sure there are patients whose results aren't going so well so they stop posting because of the negativity they get and feel embarrassed but I know from experience that most simply move on they get busy with their lives, work and personal.

What is the common factor of guys who are post op? They are mostly hiding away and have time to start documenting their story when they have time off work. Half of these patients don't even get to the 3 month stage before they stop posting so it is not a case of not seeing the results it is a just a case of not having the time/inclination to post anymore. The guys that follow through are the regular posters on here, the ones with the amazing results who get a lot of positive feedback and enjoy that and the ones with the sub par results who need constant support throughout the process.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

This is a good topic that comes up every now and again.

Considering the vast majority of people of this site are lurkers rather than posters what happens after surgery is that some of these lurkers try their hand at posting their story. Any clinic who knows that patients who come from the forums will ask if they are going to document their story.

Many of these patients didn't contribute to the forum beforehand because they are not that type of person to post but they read a great deal. People don't like commenting on forums at first for fear of being made to look stupid by asking questions perhaps others think they should already know so they just read.

To all those patients that had good surgery most go through an initial high that lasts a few weeks to a month. This is the time that most go onto post their story because they feel they need to give back to the guys and the forum that they learnt so much from some do it as they are grateful to their Doctor. These are the guys that are more likely to give up posting at some stage whether that be 1 week or 8 months or somewhere in between.

Why do they give up? people can only speculate but for all the reasons that people have already said, you cannot say it is down to just bad results or the patient being unhappy.

People use this forum as a crutch and most don't need it anymore once the hair starts to come in. We can all live in a reality where people are selfless and want to document their story just for the benefit of us but that is not the case, people move on and they don't owe the forum members or the clinic a debt to follow through with their updates. I have seen it time and time again a patient that is in regular contact with me for the first few months and then I struggle to get a photo from them.

I think that people on this forum either tend to focus on the good or the bad a patient who is 6 months and not showing the type of result you might expect gets a lot more heat than the guy who is on track likewise the guy who is looking amazing at 6 months gets much more interest.

If a patient comes on here documenting a solid but not outstanding result and doesn't get much interest he gives up after a while after all what is he documenting his result for other than the members of the forum, it is a shame as the number of lurkers that read these threads should be taken in consideration. I am sure there are patients whose results aren't going so well so they stop posting because of the negativity they get and feel embarrassed but I know from experience that most simply move on they get busy with their lives, work and personal.

What is the common factor of guys who are post op? They are mostly hiding away and have time to start documenting their story when they have time off work. Half of these patients don't even get to the 3 month stage before they stop posting so it is not a case of not seeing the results it is a just a case of not having the time/inclination to post anymore. The guys that follow through are the regular posters on here, the ones with the amazing results who get a lot of positive feedback and enjoy that and the ones with the sub par results who need constant support throughout the process.

Garageland thanks for your input, I think your last sentence is pretty much spot on.