5 months (2nd transplant)

a

This was Dr. Leonard. Lets keep in mind that my most recent pic is after almost getting a buzz cut on the top (accidentally), so cosmetically, it's not the best look. This actually looks a little thinner than before my cut a week ago

I understand, I'm curious though, the result after the first surgery looks good, however the front and midscalp thinned out into a 5A pattern since then. Was this loss of donor hair, or was it native hair thinning? It is surprising to see this while on finasteride...just curious to know your thoughts.

Your result so far, looks very good though.

I don't think so really. There might have just been a little difference in the lighting. You're right I stuck with the Finasteride, so I don't see how'd there would be much of a change.

Also, 5A? Are you referring to the middle pic? If you are, that's right after the 2nd surgery, so I would attributed that to some particularly vicious shock loss.

Good catch. There may have been some thinning. Also, I did move, so I think, the 2nd photo is really more the result of harsher lighting in a new bathroom. I felt like my first surgery restored my hairline, but really didn't give great coverage, hence the need for the 2nd surgery.

Here's a better comparison. I think I also used different cameras. The first is a little less than 5 months post 2nd op. The second is about 18 months post first op.

IMG_0982.jpg.d67c38796a545d90c9626ae7e5f76b43.jpg

IMG_0825.jpg.0c367073cf00ff0c8bcb5ba3889647c7.jpg

• 1 year later...
a,

How did everything turn out? I have an Artas FUE procedure scheduled for 2/16/16 with Dr. Leonard.

Thanks,

If you booked an ARTAS procedure, then I am afraid you haven't done nearly enough research. All the top FUE surgeons stopped using ARTAS as they found it doesn't work as well as hand-held manual punches.