Regarding FUT SCAR

hi,

Going for hair transplantation from one of the recomended doctor in india via fut.(Dr Radha).

i want to undergo this surgery with discretion, hence extremely worried regarding covering of fut scar (1500 grafts) with existing hair. Does the scar is visible after 1 month of surgery if i keep my back hair long ? have seen some of the members mentioning after tram marks after 2 months of surgery though initially just after surgery there were no tram marks. Dont know why?

As long as your hair is kept longer in back and you don't experience shock loss, it should be very easy to hide the donor scar at that stage.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Hey buddy, like David has said it will come down to shock loss (if it happens).

Keeping the back longer will not hinder your outcome sir!

Many clinics do so to conceal the scar during the healing phase although is much easier to shave the thing down IMO.

Good luck!

"The road to success is always under construction"

:cool: I represent Dr Rahal and the associated clinic as a paid patient advisor.

I am also here to assist fellow Australian/NZ Hair Loss sufferers both on and off the forum.

Hair Transplant Surgery:

June 3rd 2011

2800 Grafts to frontal 1/3

By Dr Rahal in Ottawa, Canada

Current Hair Loss Arsenal:

Dutas .5mg every day 1.5 years and Proscar 5mg (Cut into 1/4): x1 Daily 10 years

Hair-A-Gain Generic Minox: x2 Daily 13 years

(Applied wet in mornings)

Other Random products put to use during my hair loss battle (not in use):

Spiro Cream 5mg

Minox 15%

Dr Proctor's Nano Shampoo

Various Herbal supplements

Toppik/ Nanogen

Saw Palmetto

Provillus - LOL

Nanogen Shampoo

Laser Treatments (Epic Fail)

10 long years of HT and general HL research.:cool:

*I am not a medical professional, I only offer my own advice from personal experiences and years of detailed research*

Shock can occur any stage in the first month to 6 weeks and can take up to 4-5 months to recover around the scar. That might be the reason why some patients complain about the scar being more difficult to hide 2 months post op. Shock does not happen to that many patients and if it does you can use a product like courve to conceal the scar or some use Toppik or Nanogen for the first few months until the hair has recovered.

As others have mentioned keeping your hair longer pre and post will hide the scar. Good luck.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

hey Garageland , Correct me if I am wrong ?

But FUT has shock Loss as Opposed to FUE ?

I have this thinking that FUT creates Shockloss , and FUE is Immune to Shock !

And still some others say that FUT or FUE bith can produce shockloss in Both the Reciepent and Donor ?

Which one is correct ? I think both David and you are very well tuned into this Field so I know the answer from both will be absolutely correct !

Hi Mikeey,

Both methods can create shock loss in both the recipient and the donor neither methods are totally risk of shock loss. Shock loss in the donor on FUT tends to happen when the closure is tighter and more difficult. I honestly think that shock loss in the donor is more common with FUT than FUE and tends to be around the mastoid area where the scalp is tighter.

I have seen more cases of fue shock loss in the donor on this site as some clinics are doing larger sessions and taking a higher percentage of available grafts so I think this will be something we will see more of as a result.

---

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

garageland Thx , But have you seen of any Person having FUE Shockloss in the recipient Area Only ?

I like to be better informed on this , becos in FUT its well known that Shock loss will be evident in the donor .

Fue Shock Loss in the Reipient Area is uncommon , Correct me if I'm wrong ?

Shock loss can occur in the recipient area whether FUE or FUT I think we see less cases of shock loss here as most Doctors ask the patient to shave. It should be uncommon with one of the top docs yes.

---

Hey Mikeey!

Garageland (knows his stuff) hit the nail on the head regarding donor shock loss. If it were to occur and let's remeber this is not common, that you will find it is a temporary thing (providing the chosen physician made all the right moves).

Recipient shock loss is also not overally common mate, it will depend largely on the area you and your Dr plan on restoring. If there is a high density of native hair still available similar to my own case the utmost care is needed during the incision and implanting process, for more advanced loss sites much less likely of any real shock loss at all to be honest.

Remeber at the end of the day your body's response to the surgery will also determine much of this, hypothetically on the off chance you find yourself in that situation the shocked hair would return to normal providing the hairs were in strong shape prior.

Even though as stated it is not common mate.

Good travelling sir!

Mike.

"The road to success is always under construction"

:cool: I represent Dr Rahal and the associated clinic as a paid patient advisor.

I am also here to assist fellow Australian/NZ Hair Loss sufferers both on and off the forum.

Hair Transplant Surgery:

June 3rd 2011

2800 Grafts to frontal 1/3

By Dr Rahal in Ottawa, Canada

Current Hair Loss Arsenal:

Dutas .5mg every day 1.5 years and Proscar 5mg (Cut into 1/4): x1 Daily 10 years

Hair-A-Gain Generic Minox: x2 Daily 13 years

(Applied wet in mornings)

Other Random products put to use during my hair loss battle (not in use):

Spiro Cream 5mg

Minox 15%

Dr Proctor's Nano Shampoo

Various Herbal supplements

Toppik/ Nanogen

Saw Palmetto

Provillus - LOL

Nanogen Shampoo

Laser Treatments (Epic Fail)

10 long years of HT and general HL research.:cool:

*I am not a medical professional, I only offer my own advice from personal experiences and years of detailed research*

I had below average laxity hence I was more prone to donor shockloss. I had donor shockloss at each nylon retaining suture beginning at roughly the 6-7th week. It couldve started earlier but I had my hair long until the 6-7th week so I never noticed shockloss until I decided to cut my hair down to a grade 4. I'm at 6 months now and can cut down to grade 3 without issues. From my experience it was at 3.5-4 months that I saw shockloss regrowth.

As for recipient shockloss, I experienced very little.

Thanks for the follow up guys.As mentioned myself scheduled HT for crown work. so from a patient point of view 1. The Recipient area is to shaved 2. The Area from where strip to be taken is going to be trimmed 3. Decided to trim the front part of hair to a short length.

Is there anything more to be discussed with doc before surgery?

The whole issue of scalp laxity is very confusing.If higher scalp laxity is good for HT then what is scalp laxity paradox. In b/w MBP sucks big time.Get the hell out of this planet