HAIR LOSS IN FRONTAL PORTION OF SCALP

KANS

HI GUYS,

I have been loosing hair from past 3 years.I have tried using medicines,homeopathi and also auyurvedic medicines.I have consulted many dermatologists also.But i couldn't stop my hair fall.I have started applying many oils also.But of no use.

I need your suggestions about medicines i should take and about the food habits and other medications that i should take care.

KANS

Hair loss in men has several causes, the most common being your own genetic make-up and environmental causes.

Your first plan of action would be to see if any of your older family members (Father, grandfathers from both sides and any uncles etc) have had similar hair loss patterns when they were your age and if they are bald now. That should give you an explanation for your hair loss and a possible look at the future as well.

IMO, Homeopathy is a waste of time and money, as are those fake oils that claim to regrow your hair. Ayurveda (Indian herbal medicine) had been proven to help in many health areas but I don't think they have been successful in finding a cure for hair loss yet.

Ask your dermatologist to suggest a proper diet (he/she might recommend less oily foods, more protein rich intake etc), any vitamins that he/she would recommend and if Minoxidil and Finasteride can help you arrest further hair loss.

Hope this helps

Cheers icon_smile.gif

• 3 weeks later...

if you have a strong family history of hair loss than you may want to consider trying propecia to stabalize your situation. Rogaine is and laser are other options. All of thes have been shown to be effective for some patients and not have much effect on others.

Hey Glenn,

What kind of laser are you referring to? and do you think it'd be worth a shot at the hairline?

It does sound pretty expensive, so are you generally able to send them back on a money-back guarantee?

cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

Shouldnt be posting promotional links on here.

Dont bother with laser either, your best bet to move forwards is rogaine and propecia, the only 2 products on the market that are proven to halt hairloss and in a lot of cases regrow hair.

Sparky is correct on both the promotional link issue and more importantly that only rogaine and propecia, or difinesteride work. There is also of course surgery. But quit spending your money on all of that nutritional stuff. Spend it on a vacation, a girl, a car. You'll have way more fun and the same amount of hair.

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA

William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Kans;

As a fellow hairlosser I understand your frustration. Unfortunately when you hair is programmed to fall out if is very difficult to stop.

Proscar and Minoxidil are the only two that I know of that can stop hairloss. I have tryed all the natural stuff but at the end they dont work for me.

Allen your link looks amazing. I cant beleive I never saw your website before I research a hair transplant. icon_wink.gif.

On a serious note I have friends in the past that wear hairpiece systems or whatever you want to call them. Although I understand they have there place in hairloss I have never seen one that looks natural. I meet alot of italians that have worn pieces and they all say they same they hate them.

As for Laser I had an ex girlfriend years ago whos mother was a doctor and tryed the laser machine. I tryed it for 20 weeks (thank god it was free) it didnt work at all for me. I called her last year and asked her if her mother still had the machine. She told me that not only she returned it but she gave alot of her patients there money back.

Just my opinion....

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

KANS,

As others have stated, look into minoxidil (aka Rogaine) and finasteride (aka Propecia/Proscar).

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.