Transest Istanbul and other Turkish Clinics

abaldcamper

Does anyone know anyting about Transest clinic in Istanbul?

On another note, why are so many Turkish clinics so cheap nowadays? A lot of them are offering 4-5K grafts for 1800-2000+ Euros, equating to about 0.50 USD/graft. What is the deal, certainly this sounds good to be true? Is there some kind of caveeat besides a possibly mediocre job and does anyone have any experience with any of the lcinics that offer this kind of price?

Thank you for the responses.

As KO indicated, it results from cheap labor. I have friends in Turkey and I have visited them for a few times and not only hair transplant but other procedures (e.g. plastic surgery, dentistry) are cheap as well. I am considering a few clinics in Turkey and their prices are within the same range.

I would stay away from Transmed. Make sure the clinic you are going have good reviews and they can shows you good results. Turkey is cheap that's correct but I would say 85% of the clinics are really bad. You have to find the good one but it's not easy, ask around if you have Turkish friends or people who has had an operation there at least to give you some honest feedback.

• 4 months later...

I wish there was a Hair Transplant website that would just support whatever fantasy I have about getting a good cheap procedure in a far away land from clinics no one has ever heard of.

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

No doubt there are very awesome priced clinics in Turkey. Not all are bad. Evaluate their FUE protocol approach. If techs are doing most of the work (including fue extractions) and there are multiple patients, id be very cautious. Some clinics even in the North America may operate that way where tech extractions are allowed. However, what im impressed by is when a doc performs all extractions, does all incisions, does one patient a day, does low number of grafts a day (to minimize graft death) and is more hands on for their patient AND at an insanely reasonable price. Very rare to find such traits that offer that in North America, whereas, there are surgeons in Turkey that follow that fue surgical protocol and multiple Day for one patient approach. Thus, the quality is evident in patient results. I would select a clinic based on a doctor hands on approach with FUE in Turkey. Email clinics about their fue protocol. Good luck.

• 4 months later...

I’ve had two transplants with Transmed in Istanbul since May 2010, under Dr Melike Kulahci. Total 4000 grafts: 2100 grafts in the first operation, 1900 in the second, plus a PRP procedure.

The images show my initial condition and the end results last August. I was very unsatisfied with the density of hair achieved. The rep of a leading hair surgeon listed on this site also felt this density was unsatisfactory, given the number of grafts transplanted.

During the two procedures, Dr Melike was only present during the graft harvesting and not during the actual implantation of the grafts. I have read that it’s vital for the surgeon to perform this is the part of the procedure.

Dr Melike has not been in touch with me since I wrote to her to complain about the poor final outcome in the autumn of 2014. Instead I have only had contact from a deputy at Transmed.

I have been requesting a refund for the second procedure, but Transmed have informed me that all they can offer me is a further transplant, at a cost of €700. They are recommending further grafts in the frontal cortex. These areas have already been transplanted, (twice) and since there was no native hair in them to begin with, this is as good as admitting that the two operations I’ve undergone have not been successful.

So why they expect me to risk a third procedure is hard to understand. Particularly as I have found other patients online who have experienced similar density problems. As I write, Transmed are still not agreeing to refund me and Dr Melike still hasn’t made contact.

5b32e7a236ec2_Transplantsummary2.jpg.b4989a0db318916cca7ee63a1b5b846e.jpg

5b32e7a2488f9_HairtransplantresultsAugust2014.jpg.13cc0fa152ea6d5cdaf5e187d8f65e53.jpg

I just wanted to clarify a few things. The original message in this thread mentioned "Transest" which is different than Transmed. From what I've researched, Transmed has a more reputable doctor - Dr. Kulahci. I'm just wondering (to "transmedfail" user) if something went wrong in terms of the grafts surviving? Or did they give you an unrealistic expectation? I ask because I was about to book with them, as most if not all of the other reviews of her seem great.

Transmed was one of my first choices because the before/after pictures looked the best out of the ones I've come across, and it has some really good reviews. Also the price was reasonable - not the cheapest but not the most expensive. They were offering about 3000-3500 grafts for 3000 euros. The other places I've contacted with what seem to have strong surgeons are: Dr. Resat Arpaci (Prime HTC), Dr. Alp Aslan (Este Cerrahi), and Dr Colak through BHT Clinic.

So... what I'm wondering is this: Dr Colak trained with Dr Doganay who is one of the best HT surgeons in Turkey; and they are offering 4000 grafts over 2 days which seems great. But they don't have very many before/after pictures of Dr Colak's work - so I'm apprehensive. Also, on the BHT (Best Hair Turkey) website, his name isn't listed there which concerns me.

Any thoughts?

If you are still checking for clinics I would say you may try Flyhealth. My friend Jonathan tried them and It was around 1800 euros for 3600 grafts. Actually they said there was no grafts limit if donor area is good. I will add pictures of him.

Thanks, that would be great. Do you know which surgeon it was with? I've heard you have to be careful with how many grafts are taken because you don't want to "over harvest" so to speak. It can cause problems.

I checked their website and they are working with 2 hair transplant surgeons. Jonathan's transplant is done by cinaroglu Plastic Surgeon Essic Cinaroglu FlyHealth Istanbul According to this page he has 15 years of experience. hope this helps.

Reply to Pecstretch, regarding Transmed.

I came across many people complaining about the exact problems I had with Transmed, (never heard of Transest.). A selection of links below. Just to remind you, Dr Dr. Melike Kulahci didn't actually carry out the procedures herself, (apart from the harvesting), leaving that work instead to unskilled technicians. She has not replied to any of my mails of complaint. I am still trying to obtain a refund, will be reporting Transmed clinic to the Turkish medical authorities, and would STRONGLY advise not opting for them. It is little wonder that Dr Melike Kulahci is no longer listed on this site on the recommended surgeons page.

Unfavourable reviews:

Transmed: Hair Transplant Center - Istanbul, Turkey | Get a free quote & schedule your next appointment

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/166406-my-disastrous-journey-transmed.html

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/166406-my-disastrous-journey-transmed-2.html

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/166406-my-disastrous-journey-transmed-3.html

Transmed Clinic - Istanbul (STAY AWAY)!! - Forum By and for Hair Loss Patients

Transmed Clinic - Istanbul (STAY AWAY)!! - Forum By and...

Hi, I would like to warn everyone on this forum looking to get a transplant in Istanbul, Turkey. I currently live in San Francisco, CA and had my

View on http://www.hairrestorationn...

Preview by Yahoo

Forum Haartransplantation: Haartransplantation allgemein » Haartransplantation Erfahrungen mit Transmed Klink Istanbul

Forum Haartransplantation: Haartransplantation allgem...

Haartransplantation Erfahrungen mit Transmed Klink Istanbul

View on News

Preview by Yahoo

Hair insertion should be done by the hair surgeon, never anyone else:

Haartransplantation in Istanbul ERFAHRUNGSBERICHTE (Haare).Die Entnahme muss der Arzt machen, das stechen der zu f?llenden L?cher f?r die Transplantate muss auch der Arzt machen. Darauf w?rde ich bestehen. Denn das sind die entscheidenden Vorg?nge bei der Transplantation. Das einf?llen kann durchaus von Arzthelferinnen gemacht werden, da da bereits die Wachstumsrichtung durch den Einstichkanal und der Abstand vorgegeben ist. Also die Arbeit ein reines Auff?llen der L?cher ist.

More unfavourable reviews:

photos800 - greffecheveux - Photos - Club Doctissimo

photos800 - greffecheveux - Photos - Club Doctissimo

greffecheveux Habitu? Envoyer un message Ajouter ? mes amis Ses Infos

View on club.doctissimo.fr

Preview by Yahoo

Haartransplantation in Istanbul ERFAHRUNGSBERICH...

Hallo ich m?chte mich in Istanbul eine Haartransplantations OP unterziehen. Das Problem ist dass doch viele Anbieter bzw. Kliniken gibt. Wer kann mir eine Klinik e...

View on Gute Fragen - hilfreiche Antworten - die Ratgeber Community gutefrage.net

Preview by Yahoo

If you are still checking for clinics I would say you may try Flyhealth. My friend Jonathan tried them and It was around 1800 euros for 3600 grafts. Actually they said there was no grafts limit if donor area is good. I will add pictures of him.

I'm looking into Flyhealth and I'm probably in about the same stage of hair loss as your friend. Most places are saying 3500 or so grafts. Would there be anyway I could talk to your friend or would he be open to sharing pictures? I can't seem to find anyone to talk to about this and the clinic doesn't provide any names.

I'm looking into Flyhealth and I'm probably in about the same stage of hair loss as your friend. Most places are saying 3500 or so grafts. Would there be anyway I could talk to your friend or would he be open to sharing pictures? I can't seem to find anyone to talk to about this and the clinic doesn't provide any names.

I am sure if he will let me share his pictures. He is really confidential about it. just talk to Flyhealth. Hope they can help you.

I have had a HT operation 4 months ago in turkey for a price of 1200 eu for 4000 grafts. I dont expect to have a yield rate more than 50% because the operation was done so poorly. I see some hair already growing but they are extremely thin. Unfortunately that is the case with most clinics in Turkey. I have seen great results after very cheap HT operations but its a matter of luck. You may pay less but you loose very precious grafts after the operation

thanks darlin

You are right that I have to wait. But they have used 4 k grafts. Last month only a few of them started to grow. And no more progress since then. if the growth rate continue like this I give zero chance that yield rate will be over 50%.

transmedfail, you definately over paid. I know transmed pricing policy and its not more than 3000 eu no matter how much grafts they use. Maybe they charge less for turkish people like me.

I am not going to share the name of the clinic before I see the final result. But I am already sure it will end up with failure.

thanks darlin

You are right that I have to wait. But they have used 4 k grafts. Last month only a few of them started to grow. And no more progress since then. if the growth rate continue like this I give zero chance that yield rate will be over 50%.

transmedfail, you definately over paid. I know transmed pricing policy and its not more than 3000 eu no matter how much grafts they use. Maybe they charge less for turkish people like me.

I am not going to share the name of the clinic before I see the final result. But I am already sure it will end up with failure.

Can you share some pictures?

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, my poor experience was with Transmed. The problem, as you can see from the before and after shots, is with the outcome. Very few grafts surviving after two operations. Not just in areas where there was initially native hair, but also in areas where there was no hair initially. I have read of plenty of other cases where the experience was the same. And where the surgeon was not present for the actual insertion of the grafts. Have a look at my before and after pictures, which Dr Melike Kulahci STILL HAS NOT CONTACTED me about, despite my sending mails since November 2014. Then ask yourself why Dr Kulaci is no longer on the recommended surgeons list.Then ask yourself if Transmed is the right clinic for you.

Best of luck with your search.

I just wanted to clarify a few things. The original message in this thread mentioned "Transest" which is different than Transmed. From what I've researched, Transmed has a more reputable doctor - Dr. Kulahci. I'm just wondering (to "transmedfail" user) if something went wrong in terms of the grafts surviving? Or did they give you an unrealistic expectation? I ask because I was about to book with them, as most if not all of the other reviews of her seem great.

Transmed was one of my first choices because the before/after pictures looked the best out of the ones I've come across, and it has some really good reviews. Also the price was reasonable - not the cheapest but not the most expensive. They were offering about 3000-3500 grafts for 3000 euros. The other places I've contacted with what seem to have strong surgeons are: Dr. Resat Arpaci (Prime HTC), Dr. Alp Aslan (Este Cerrahi), and Dr Colak through BHT Clinic.

So... what I'm wondering is this: Dr Colak trained with Dr Doganay who is one of the best HT surgeons in Turkey; and they are offering 4000 grafts over 2 days which seems great. But they don't have very many before/after pictures of Dr Colak's work - so I'm apprehensive. Also, on the BHT (Best Hair Turkey) website, his name isn't listed there which concerns me.

Any thoughts?

5b32e840e05c8_Transmedresultsafter4000grafts.jpg.1681cab692fc6a73262bca957db35301.jpg