22 days in and still got the red head!

You can go back to work in a day or so, but if you don't have a job where you can wear a hat, be ready to explain. My recipient area was shaved for the procedure. I shaved the rest of it a couple days after to match. As you can see its mucho noticeable. I have a job interview in about 3 weeks. Hope this baby lightens up! I've been applying a topical steroid to help it fad but it's slow.

image.jpg.f6d0e7ce63f6d2b07487cf7daedbe4d8.jpg

The redness will probably be pretty noticeable for several months and you likely won't experience significant growth until 4+ months. If you can't wear a hat for your interview your best bet might be just shave it down to guard 0 or 1 and say you had a bad reaction to shampoo. You might also want to apply some light makeup to the perimeter of the recipient area to blur in the contrast of the red line. I did this for about a month or so with Dermablend and it worked pretty well... I just made sure to wash it off before bed each night. I kept my native hair up top long and my recipient area was not as big as yours though.

I'm a little over 2 months out and have just the slightest bit of redness left. I notice it more than anyone else does, and even in photos it's not very noticeable. I do keep my head buzzed pretty short for the time being though so that the lack of density in the front isn't as noticeable - but the redness was gone enough for me after about 5 weeks, so there's a chance you'll be okay in time for the interview.

As for a temporary fix - I went the hat route while I was recovering and the redness was still pretty bad. Any way you can do this? You can get nice hats that look professional, and my job even allowed me to wear a hat at work for a while. I'm not sure how it works legally, but I was under the impression that if you have a medical reason to wear the hat, they can't really say no. And my story was simple enough.... I had a small procedure and ended up having an allergic reaction to the local anesthesia, so the doctor needed me to wear a hat for a while to prevent infection - and I told them it looked gross, so no one wanted to see it anyway. Haha. No one questioned it. Depending on the person, they may ask an annoying followup like "What kind of procedure", in which case you can respond with whatever generic answer you wanna give. Going out in public during recovery was one of my main concerns with the HT, but it ended up being much smoother than I ever anticipated.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56