Post-Op What to Buy

Hi All

I'm booked in to have my first HT in two weeks in the States, living in the UK I'll be spending a couple of days there post-op before returning.

I'm going to buy a few bits and pieces for the post op period to take with me. Other than a travel pillow for sleeping upright and I think I'll get some sleeping pills (I'm rubbish at sleeping upright) and pain killers is there anything else I should be getting that is useful? Any vitamins/drugs that help with the swelling or recovery?

Also, how long should I leave it before going back onto Fin & Minoxidil?

Cheers

Andy

-A couple of cheap pillowcases (assuming you're having an FUT procedure). Your donor will be quite messy for the first two weeks, including some residual bleeding.

-Plenty of food, especially things that are easy to prepare.

-A bottle of ibuprofin, for pain.

-Bacitracin to place in the recipient to speed up the healing process, and you can also put some along the donor to help with crusting.

-A comfortable pillow.

Your doc should give you prednisone for a few days to help with the swelling. I've had 3 procedures and have never experienced swelling.

Best of luck with your procedure.

Hi All

I'm booked in to have my first HT in two weeks in the States, living in the UK I'll be spending a couple of days there post-op before returning.

I'm going to buy a few bits and pieces for the post op period to take with me. Other than a travel pillow for sleeping upright and I think I'll get some sleeping pills (I'm rubbish at sleeping upright) and pain killers is there anything else I should be getting that is useful? Any vitamins/drugs that help with the swelling or recovery?

Cheers

Andy

An oversized baseball cap or hat.

It's a good idea to clean your home so you don't need to do it for a while once back.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Dr Jose Lorenzo's office's pre-op instructions to me included:

1. Avoid any type of vitamins, aspirin, anti-inflammatory or any substance that contain salicylic acid 1 week before the procedure.

2. Also avoid alcohol 1 week before the procedure, prohibited 2 days before.

6. Patients who are using finasteride, don’t have to suspend the treatment.

7. Patients who are using minoxidil, suspend the treatment two days before procedure (we will start again 10 days later).

8. Patients who begin their operation in the morning should have a normal breakfast, but avoiding fatty food. It is forbidden to drink COFFEE (including decaf), tea, or any stimulating drink, on the day of the surgery.

Of course you should ask Dr Feller for his advice on any of these matters.

NW5a, fin/foam/couvre

3801 grafts FUE, Dr Jose Lorenzo - Madrid, November 2014

Definetly buy HGH. 4iu/day will regrow your hair twice as fast and better quality. Will make skin look better, fat loss and muscle gain.

I don't know about UK laws, but HGH requires a medical doctor's prescription in the US.

I'd be interested in knowing if there are clinical studies demonstrating HGH's use after a hair transplant.

NW5a, fin/foam/couvre

3801 grafts FUE, Dr Jose Lorenzo - Madrid, November 2014

Dr. Feller will have his own post op procedures to follow, but normally he should provide you with several medications including some pain killers after the procedure, anti-swelling medication, and antibiotics. I assume you are having an FUT procedure. There will be inevitably be some treatment of the scar with some sort of anti-biotic cream. Saline spray for your grafts, etc. These things will all be or should be provided to you by the doctor's office. You may want to stock your hotel room with a few snacks for breakfast and lunch for the next several couple of days because you won't want to get out. Get plenty of water & natural juices. Vitamins B complex, C, and E are all good for the healing process. You won't really need a neck pillow. Just a rolled up towel under your neck will do just fine. Sleep in a reclined position for the first couple of days to help the swelling. You'll be fine and best of luck.

Dr Jose Lorenzo's office's pre-op instructions to me included:

1. Avoid any type of vitamins, aspirin, anti-inflammatory or any substance that contain salicylic acid 1 week before the procedure.

2. Also avoid alcohol 1 week before the procedure, prohibited 2 days before.

6. Patients who are using finasteride, don’t have to suspend the treatment.

7. Patients who are using minoxidil, suspend the treatment two days before procedure (we will start again 10 days later).

8. Patients who begin their operation in the morning should have a normal breakfast, but avoiding fatty food. It is forbidden to drink COFFEE (including decaf), tea, or any stimulating drink, on the day of the surgery.

Of course you should ask Dr Feller for his advice on any of these matters.

Hey Glocktop,

How recently those instruction were given to you?

I had the same instruction, but the point about propecia it's different. Mine says to suspend for two days before, than take it again two days after.

Could you double check then let me know please!