Had HT with Dr Bhatti this week

dds

Finally I took the plunge and had a 2027 FUE with Dr Bhatti.

Suregery went well with minimum pain and discomfort.

Since my donor hair was not sufficient,, he could cover only half the area with

the remainings scheduled for a later session.

I will post pictures later.

Even with taking utmost caution, I have already lost 2 or 3 grafts - probably

while removing and putting back the hat the clinic asks to use.

A few questions to those who had HT with Dr Bhatti.

1. Till when are the chances of loosing grafts likely?

2. Did you continue taking all the medication the surgeon gave? I am thinking of stopping medication from the 3rd day as the remaining medication seems to be pain killers or heal the donor fast.

3. Is it required to follow the shampooing twice a week for 3 weeks or can we cut down to once every other day or so?

4. Is it mandatory to use the Minoxidil and Finasteride they have asked us to use? I am trying to mimimize use of these drugs unless absolutely needed.

hi dds,

Congrats on getting your ht done! And all the very best for a speedy and a fruitful recovery!

Coming to your questions, from my ht experience (I'm one month into post op)

1. First 10 days are really important as those are the days the grafts are quite vulnerable. So after that you should be OK.. Unless of course you don't bump your head anywhere.

2. all ways go with what the docs prescribe.. Leave it to the professionals man.. They know what's best for us.

3. this too you can duo what they say. But what I'm doing is shampooing once a day for the first month. Then thrice a week. The reason for once a day for the first month is to clean the scabs from your head.

4. yes! If you REALLY want to retain your existing hair. :)

My answers based on my experience so far. And I'm fairly inexperienced. So I'll be happy if was wrong somewhere and some one corrects me:)

Cheers!

where are the pics. many ppl have had great success with min/fin but I wud caution u there have also been some with irreversible sexual side effects associated with those drugs. it shut my sex drive down completely after two weeks but a buddy of mine still uses it today and has been on it for years so it seems to be case by case.

there have been THOUSANDS of ppl that have never used drugs before or after their HT and have retained their existing hair so that is completely false stating you have to use it to retain ur hair.

the transplanted hairs are not subject to DHT as long as ur surgeon didn't take them from the non donor zone but u have existing hairs that might be still subject to DHT. depends on ur age and if ur hairless has stabilized or not.

be careful about cleaning scabs off ur head. do NOT use force in doing so or u WILL pull the grafts right out. it has happened before. wait at least a few weeks before using any real pressure when shampooing ur hair.

Edited by BUSA

If you have aggressive loss, and expect to lose hair, then you really need to be on finasteride. It is very important to be on medications that retain your hair, otherwise you will continue to lose hair and your transplanted hair will look odd. This is especially a risk with young men, but older men, like yourself are better off.

But we can only know this after looking at photos of your situation, do you have pictures?

first you need to get on medication if you are suffering from extensive hair loss

any good surgeon would have put tyou atleats 6 months on any dht blocker b4 HT and he would have seen your stability of hair loss

second post your close up photo clearly and with very good camera so users here can see

how dr bhatti has placed the grafts and I owuld like to see did you got hairline while HT was done by dr bhatti

Hairline very very very very imp and only way to know is post your photo

did you met any of dr bhatti patients live before HT

first you need to get on medication if you are suffering from extensive hair loss

any good surgeon would have put tyou atleats 6 months on any dht blocker b4 HT and he would have seen your stability of hair loss

second post your close up photo clearly and with very good camera so users here can see

how dr bhatti has placed the grafts and I owuld like to see did you got hairline while HT was done by dr bhatti

Hairline very very very very imp and only way to know is post your photo

did you met any of dr bhatti patients live before HT

FUEONLY,

Two comments for you.

1. dds chose Dr. Bhatti for his HT. I am sure that he must have done his due diligence in selecting his doctor.

2. I am sorry......but I have to ask: Ever heard of a thing called "spelling and grammar check"?

Thanks,

California

DarlingBuds FUE's profile photo 

North America Representative and Patient Advisor for:
Dr. Tejinder Bhatti, Darling Buds Hair Transplant Center, Chandigarh, India.

Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

• 2 weeks later...

looks like there are quite a few gaps in the middle there. looks like it goes from a reasonable density in some areas to big gaps with no grafts in adjacent areas. wat is the purpose of that?

u have quite extensive hair loss. 2000 grafts isn't gonna make a dent in ur case. are u planning on going back? ull need at least another 3500 grafts.

My major limitation is lack of donor hair. Since I will be parting my hair (on my left), Dr Bhatti thought it would be good to give more density on my left side. So, if my wear my hair reasonably long, it would cover the middle, where the density is poor.

I am planning to go back next year and get another 2000 grafts(from beard,BHT) to fill the top and crown.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Here's my 4th month post op update.

Though I see several hairs coming out., I am not sure the density is OK for 4 month post op.

5b32e3b73e96a_Jan10th-4monthspostop1.jpg.e6a8ae7cd67eaab6caca05187d395893.jpg

5b32e3b758f34_Jan10th-4monthspostop2.jpg.9607c85df3779ce44c470f2a49b86730.jpg

Edited by dds

hey thats a lot of scabs at your one month .... did you not apply Vit E ? sometimes if the scabs are not removed effectively , then they can impede graft survival and hence growth !

I wud say at 4 Months , Looks pretty scanty , and some people say it grows like weeds at 4 Months , Everyone is different , so I am not sure maybe you grow slowly ....

Have you notified the Clinic , which is Dr. Bhatti and what does he suggest ?

I think its better to notify your clinic and tell them you are Not happy , becos here we can only give our opinion , But as a rule the best advise comes from the doctor as he has seen you physically and knows the condition of your scalp !

Yes, I am updating Dr Bhatti on the progress. He asked me to wait at least for 5 months.

My hair growth is slower than normal. I didn't apply vitamin E - didn't know about this.

dds , do not stress .... maybe by 5th month you can get a spurt in growth , normally if by 3 months growth starts to show then by the 4th month there is a good acceleration , Vit E is usually prescribed by the doc after 10 days just to remove the scabs as the sooner they go the better the healing ,

you have a fair chance till 6 months where you will get a rough idea about your success and the course of your future plans ... wait it out , i know its difficult but there is nothing that you can go other than waiting .

did the doctor say that you were growing slow ? I think you must visit his clinic and let him evaluate you in real time , sometimes the pics do not capture the tiny hairs ... so if you can spot many tiny hairs be sure they will grow and thicken by 6 months or so !!

I had a previous transplant (FUT) some 10 years ago. Do you think it grows slowly on

the area where it was already transplanted?

I haven't visited the clinic as Dr Bhatti is in India and I am in the U.S.

If the results are good, I plan to go this summer for my 2nd HT.

As you said, I will wait for 6 months before gauging the success rate.

Thanks for your encouragement.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...