Rahal FUE/1616 Grafts/1 Year

This 34 year old patient came to Rahal seeking hairline strengthening via reshaping and strong density. He opted for Rahal FUE as he tends to change his hair style from shorter to longer. The result shown is at 12 months post-op.

1616 Grafts

3341 Hairs

RMOFUE1616_001.jpg?i=1449208208

RMOFUE1616_002.jpg?i=1717012204

RMOFUE1616_003.jpg?i=1106973601

RMOFUE1616_004.jpg?i=1823112218

RMOFUE1616_005b.jpg?i=1598239861

RMOFUE1616_005.jpg?i=1213477925

RMOFUE1616_006.jpg?i=1099709044

Joe. This is a very nice result but it is totally expected with that amount of grafts in such a small area. The hairline looks great as usual from Rahal. However, if Rahal is going to prove his FUE is up there with the best, the degree if difficulty with his FUE must be raised and presented. In other words, what can he do FUE wise on a larger area of coverage. These ultra dense packing results are nice but I think a broader display of different types of FUE need to be shown (Larger graft counts, higher NW levels, crown results, etc).

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

Joe. This is a very nice result but it is totally expected with that amount of grafts in such a small area. The hairline looks great as usual from Rahal. However, if Rahal is going to prove his FUE is up there with the best, the degree if difficulty with his FUE must be raised and presented. In other words, what can he do FUE wise on a larger area of coverage. These ultra dense packing results are nice but I think a broader display of different types of FUE need to be shown (Larger graft counts, higher NW levels, crown results, etc).

CD,

Thank you for your comments. I'll be showing larger results as time goes by including crown results as you asked for in another thread. These first few results I've posted are to show that regardless of technique an excellent hairline that is expected from Rahal is achievable. There is more to come:)

Joe,

Beautiful result! I'm wondering: was this result achieved with motorized or manual FUE techniques? Which tools?

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Hi Blake,

Rahal FUE includes the use of a motorized punch along with some modifications to the extraction process that make it unique to Rahal. One thing I like about Rahal is that once I arrived at the clinic, one of the things that was shared with me is the documentation of the extraction process where they measure the transection rates which are quite low. Some of these numbers are being reviewed and verified and I'll be discussing these findings along with other facets of the procedure in the future.

CD,

Thank you for your comments. I'll be showing larger results as time goes by including crown results as you asked for in another thread. These first few results I've posted are to show that regardless of technique an excellent hairline that is expected from Rahal is achievable. There is more to come:)

That is what I expected when I went to Dr Rahal having looked at numerous amazing results. I am sure there is more to come.

Edited by Follically-Challenged

Is it only me or do 90 % of the Rahal results presented on here depict similar cases - densepacking the hairline of very young patients? Everytime I see a Rahal result being presented in the thread menu, I say to myself: Let`s give it a last try, and then it`s the same again. I keep on making this mistake...

Is it only me or do 90 % of the Rahal results presented on here depict similar cases - densepacking the hairline of very young patients? Everytime I see a Rahal result being presented in the thread menu, I say to myself: Let`s give it a last try, and then it`s the same again. I keep on making this mistake...

Well, considering I've posted three results since I've been with Rahal, I think the question needs to be asked. What do you consider to be "very young"? One patient was 34, one was 24 and the first was 40:)

Ok :) At first, I didn`t refer to your posts specifically, but all the Rahal results posted since I became a member here. I may not have seen your two other posts, and I probably haven`t seen all Rahal results posted since my membership. Thus, it may well be a statistical phenomenon that I got this impression. And yes, all patient cases under 27 I would consider as "very young patients". In any case do I look forward to see a wider variety of NW types done by Dr. Rahal, as I consider him to be an excellent surgeon.

I would also like to see more Norwood 5-6 patients who have undergone FUE surgery with Dr. Rahal.

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

• 2 weeks later...
Joe. This is a very nice result but it is totally expected with that amount of grafts in such a small area. These ultra dense packing results are nice but I think a broader display of different types of FUE need to be shown (Larger graft counts, higher NW levels, crown results, etc).

I agree -- easy to kill a field mouse with an elephant gun

Bismark,

easy to kill a field mouse with an elephant gun

In theory you are correct but a result like this is not represented by your analogy. It is easy for clinic to post a result of a low NW patient and show a hairline that has been rebuilt but it there is a difference in the quality. A result like this represents two things.

1.) Rahal FUE is a solid option for North American patients and patients anywhere for that matter.

2.) Rahal is known for hairlines and this is another example of such hairlines that have placed Rahal into the elite of the elite worldwide.

Just because one can perform FUE and can build a hairline does not mean the result will be natural with good density. Keep in mind that the result shown, as all Rahal results I will share, do not use flash or other tricks to improve the result.

Bismark,

easy to kill a field mouse with an elephant gun

In theory you are correct but a result like this is not represented by your analogy. It is easy for clinic to post a result of a low NW patient and show a hairline that has been rebuilt but it there is a difference in the quality. A result like this represents two things.

1.) Rahal FUE is a solid option for North American patients and patients anywhere for that matter.

2.) Rahal is known for hairlines and this is another example of such hairlines that have placed Rahal into the elite of the elite worldwide.

Just because one can perform FUE and can build a hairline does not mean the result will be natural with good density. Keep in mind that the result shown, as all Rahal results I will share, do not use flash or other tricks to improve the result.

Great result, Joe. Do you have any idea what the final density ended up being at the hairline? I'd imagine that at 1,600 grafts at the hairline he's getting REASONABLY close to native.

Terrific to see you happily settled at Rahal, BTW.

Bismark,

In theory you are correct but a result like this is not represented by your analogy. It is easy for clinic to post a result of a low NW patient and show a hairline that has been rebuilt but it there is a difference in the quality.

Joe, you are definitely right about this. From his body of work here alone, Rahal is a world class surgeon and one of the true elites in hair transplantation.