Dr. Hasson 5300 Grafts/One Session/ FUT/ 8 Months Post Op

This local patient to Vancouver who is in his mid to late 30's came to us wanting to make a significant cosmetic impact with as many grafts as possible.

He understood the need for density up front and coverage over as much area as possible.

The goal was to start with rebuilding the hairline and frontal zone working back as far as possible.

If achievable, light coverage in the crown was the goal.

Going into this surgery he knew the possibility would exist for a smaller 2nd procedure to address the crown to a greater extent if desired.

This one session using 5300 follicular units Dr Hasson was able to achieve the cosmetic impact the patient was looking for and at the same time allowed for some light crown coverage to take away the bald look.

These photos represent 8 months post op from his surgery.

Needless to say the patient is very happy.

The patient now has the option to add further density into the crown with a second procedure of around 2-2500 grafts if he wishes to. The patient is using Proscar.

Here is the graft breakdown

1471 - single hair grafts

3426 - double hair grafts

403 - 3-4 hair grafts

78129_f24089_4c28a5.jpg

78135_2fc4db_ba8f73.jpg

78140_f28384_757ac9.jpg

78152_486dbf_1aab6c.jpg

78157_21d381_3cc54d.jpg

78163_041b4e_f037bc.jpg

78169_99f93d_184e0c.jpg

78175_957487_87e629.jpg

78181_7cde5a_327e0f.jpg

78187_306342_9d4b7f.jpg

78192_323515_ecdf41.jpg

78489_94c04d_72f228.jpg

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Did he start using meds soon after the transplant?

I think all the recommended surgeons, posting their results, must provide this information for accurate assessment of the contribution by HT alone. The patient may discontinue the medication after some time due to sides and the HT may not look good at all. So what looks good now may not look good at all few years down the line. People looking at these good results and making their decision to go ahead with a HT deserve to know whether these results are permanent.

Thanks for the comments guys.

Torip,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you I was waiting on the immediate post op photos. The patient received full coverage over the balding area as demonstrated by the two photos. As for Propecia we advise most patients that it is a good thing to be on the medication before surgery and again it will be mentioned whilst the patient is at the clinic. This patient started the medication soon after surgery which even in his case of advanced loss is still worthwhile.

I get so many advanced Norwood cases that believe they are too far gone with their loss for Propecia to be of any benefit and in most cases when there is slick bald scalp like this gentlemen there will be no regrowth but please have a look at the crown photo again.

I have drawn a red line are the perimeter of his crown where I think the patient has had some regrowth from the medication alone and typically this can be the case it can close up areas where there is still fine hair not regrow new hair on bald scalp.

He has got some albeit small amount of native hair that is adding to the result but what you are seeing in the after photos is largely transplanted hair.

post-op.jpg

Post-op-back.jpg

Crown-Perimeter-Regrowth1.jpg

Edited by Garageland

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson