Hello, I have been hiding my depression with family along with friends last month month and it's getting bigger and more difficult to act or talk "normal" .

i am fed up with the "oh come on.... I would be ok" I wanna talk to people who understand and help me to get rid of it.

hoping a positive reply

Alex

Listen to good and positive music. Meditate. Find your inner self. Think about that you actually mastered every difficult situation so far, there was always a way, and life went on, and there came up good moments, too. Think of these. Know that you are free in yourself. Know that life is a constant process of doubting, suffering, and ultimately learning and growing, for everybody. You are not your body imo, there is a level of consciousness aware of your thoughts, and you are just having an experience in your body as your current character. Think about what is going on in the world at the very same moment that you think you are miserable, the good and the bad. Acknowledge duality in every aspect. Know that you are free and nothing can happen to you unless you have fear. Fear is the mind killer. So don`t fear, don`t doubt yourself, love yourself. Just accept everything as it is, and just let it flow. Enjoy every emotion, also the bad ones, as they are just part of life. Be glad that you were given the gift of making this most fascinating experience at last. It`s the greatest gift and we should be thankful. Think about what an in-formation is, and choose wisely, which of them you want to have in your life and which not. Really think about this: What kind of impact does a certain information, a certain song, a certain person, a certain experience, have on you? How is your emotional state before, during, and after these? Choose the ones in which you are more satisfied, deeply, and more and more avoid the others. In this context, think about what a program is, and maybe consume less media, and spend more time with yourself and loved ones. Eat healthy, as food has an enourmous impact on your emotional well-being.

That`d be my take.. All the best!

Listen to good and positive music. Meditate. Find your inner self. Think about that you actually mastered every difficult situation so far, there was always a way, and life went on, and there came up good moments, too. Think of these. Know that you are free in yourself. Know that life is a constant process of doubting, suffering, and ultimately learning and growing, for everybody. You are not your body imo, there is a level of consciousness aware of your thoughts, and you are just having an experience in your body as your current character. Think about what is going on in the world at the very same moment that you think you are miserable, the good and the bad. Acknowledge duality in every aspect. Know that you are free and nothing can happen to you unless you have fear. Fear is the mind killer. So don`t fear, don`t doubt yourself, love yourself. Just accept everything as it is, and just let it flow. Enjoy every emotion, also the bad ones, as they are just part of life. Be glad that you were given the gift of making this most fascinating experience at last. It`s the greatest gift and we should be thankful. Think about what an in-formation is, and choose wisely, which of them you want to have in your life and which not. Really think about this: What kind of impact does a certain information, a certain song, a certain person, a certain experience, have on you? How is your emotional state before, during, and after these? Choose the ones in which you are more satisfied, deeply, and more and more avoid the others. In this context, think about what a program is, and maybe consume less media, and spend more time with yourself and loved ones. Eat healthy, as food has an enourmous impact on your emotional well-being.

I have no words to describe my feelings after reading this reply. your each point is awesome and i think it is written for me. thanks you so much i will definitely try to comply on these tips

once again thanks :)

Fantastic words of advice.

• 2 months later...

If you are truly depressed, and not just getting the blues, you need to speak to a therapist or perhaps a psychiatrist. There have been many studies showing that exercise is just as effective as anti-depressant meds in alleviating symptoms of depression. If you are not getting enough exercise, as in daily exercise such walking, running, or lifting weights, you should start today. If all else fails seek professional help, it is nothing to be ashamed of, and it sounds like you know you need it.

Alex,

No question: speak with a mental health professional. Be it a counselor, therapist, psychologist, or psychiatrist; these individuals can help. Good luck.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

• 4 months later...

All of us - hair loss sufferers have at some point of our life have experienced depression. From my experience I can tell that physical activity is of great help. When you run accompanied by a rhythmic music, the depressive thoughts are jumping out of your head. You feel like energy fills your body and you wish to do more and more. Try to spend your free of work time being active. Spend it with your family, not sitting in front of the TV, but playing football with your kids/friends in the yard, skiing (depending on the weather conditions), arranging picnics, playing paintball with your friends etc. There are plenty of examples, just DO IT.

• 3 weeks later...

As someone who has dealt with depression for many years and someone who, like you, was unwilling to share my unhappiness with the people I love I would say that the advice above is sound. I won't repeat all of what's been said but I will emphasise one point and perhaps add one of my own.

Seeking professional help is something you should definitely consider. The single biggest factor in helping me come to terms with myself has been engaging with counselling/mental wellbeing services at university. I realise you may not be in a situation where you are able to easily procure such a service but if you do have the opportunity I would highly recommend it. Furthermore though, if and when you do choose to seek help (and this is crucial in my opinion) make sure that you actively engage with that help. Do not expect (and I take my own example here, I'm not saying you will necessarily make the same mistake!) to passively take part in therapy and think you'll magically get better. Heed their advice and act on it, it will be so, so worth it.

Secondly, unless you feel you absolutely cannot I would attempt to disclose your problems to your family and perhaps a trusted friend or two. These people may not offer you 100% sound advice but have the potential to be a source of great strength if you allow them to. I was always terrified of letting people know how I was feeling for fear of upsetting them, being perceived as weak and myriad other concerns. That said, it was one of the most important things i did.

Things will get better for you my friend, knowing yourself and seeking advice is a sure sign of that. :)

All the best!