Progress update, Day 17 post op, Dr Bisanga & BHR

Hi folks, first off this isn't a review of the day or surgeon, I will do an in depth one when I have more pics but just a small niblet of my journey so far.

Well I'm at day 17 so I thought it might be time to put some pictures up. Apologies if some don't work or are crap but it's my first time posting images. All images done with an iPhone, a shaky hand and a crap sense of photography.

The pics are from the first day of the op then day 4, one week and today (day 17)

Some comments -

The hair certainly doesn't blend at all with my natural hair, the shafts are very thick, course and much darker and when it runs into my own hair you can tell the difference but I am guessing that is to be expected and will settle in. Also I have begun shedding a lot, especially when applying moisturiser to the area so the recipient looks very bare and think compared to the rest of my head. I just buzzed my whole head down to a number 1 today (first actual haircut in 20 years and first time buzzed) and the transplanted area does stick out like a sore thumb due to a combination of the above plus redness but all this is to be expected.

I cannot make a final judgement until a year from now but so far I am extremely pleased with everything. I keep passing by the mirror and squinting my eyes a little so the above issues don't seem to apparent and I am really loving what I see.

The hairline is much more curved and less straight that what I wanted but looking at the shape it is absolutely bang on for my face. My only issue right now is that on the right side the way the hairline is shaped it has very deep staggers coming out if it in the form of small triangles pointing down that were drawn on to make where the hair should be. To me it looks a little unnatural and like a pattern although the left side was the same but looks much more natural but I am 99% convinced that this is because the whole area is still red and is making it look like that but to be honest it is not bothering me at all.

One thing I will say is that these photos make the hairline look much, much more conservative and curved back than what it really is. It is very, VERY horizontal and broad and as mentioned above Dr Bisanga got it pretty much bang on for my face. A millimetre lower at the temples wouldn't hurt but that's me being ultra picky and if it stayed like this I would be overjoyed.

I have to say that after such a long time with hair down to nearly my waist I'm not hating the buzzed look at all, it's quite cool actually but then again it's not quite me so I will be looking forward to getting some length back in the future.

In the meantime enjoy the pictures. I don't think they are quite in order but still.

Cheers!

EDIT- sorry forgot a breakdown

Originally quoted 2000 grafts but ended up 2360. A fairly significant and expense increase but ultimately all necessary.

1 hair - 609

2 hair - 693

3 hair - 776

4 - hair 222

5 - hair 60

5b32e01769281_1week.jpg.000fecd0a766d9493c79982964bfd781.jpg

5b32e0178c8cf_day4.jpg.f7db74d27ae3216a05965ea422f3336f.jpg

5b32e017a42cc_Opday.jpg.1dec0413be77f46cbe6a91ee044e962a.jpg

5b32e017c0e8a_frontday17.jpg.de883473781ff6d10222fd3e9b12b623.jpg

5b32e017de509_frontleftday17.jpg.0441b623da8848c59f24f2986304adc4.jpg

5b32e0181a07f_frontrightday17.jpg.9a900f0bc1e2f143c69d8eed1591adbc.jpg

5b32e01832b50_leftday17.jpg.29ec170bb1a5d7b6bc4eb15ac4ec7d74.jpg

5b32e0197b689_rightday17.jpg.d6945c65164ac620c071450b767b656b.jpg

Thanks for posting the detailed account.

Shedding will continue and then the slow process of growth but it will take also time to mature so patience needed. Skin redness is more abrupt and contrasting than the hair will be when it eventually comes in also.

I've sent you also all clinic photos taken

Anything needed please let me know.

I represent Dr. Bisanga.

Dr. Christian Bisanga is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

looks like you are healing quite well!

should make for a great result

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

All looks good swayzedo.

Nothing to do now but sit back and wait and try to forget about it for a few months.

Easier said than done though!

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

Thanks all. So far I'm happy with what I see in the mirror so hopefully it can only get better.

I don't feel impatient nor do I have any kind of hair blues at the moment. The first week post op was rough but afterwords everything was fine and much thanks goes to Stephen from BHR who seems to always be on hand to answer any question I throw with a super speedy reply.