Wearing a helmet after a HT

Hello everyone, I just recently had my second HT with Dr. Ron Shapiro appx. 5 weeks ago. I had a 1255 FUE procedure and have only minor reddening in the recipient area. I ride motorcross which requires me to wear a helmet. I would like to get your opinions on how safe it is to wear a helmet this soon after surgery. I don't want to risk ruining my HT. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

What does the clinic say in terms of when it is safe? I would ask Dr. Shapiro for his advice here

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

I would say that is plenty of time, but she that you should clear it with the clinic.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Thanks guys. Ya, I asked Dr. Shapiro about it and he thought that after a month and a half I should be fine. I also talked with Matt at the clinic and he mentioned it would be a good idea to wear something like a skull cap to help from excessive rubbing. However he also mentioned that he hadn't seen any studies on the matter so it's not quite clear as to the impact on the follicles. I'm obviously a little paranoid about it and just wanted to see if anyone had heard anything to the contrary. Shapiro Medical Group are an excellent group of professionals and did a really great job on my head. I just want to make sure I do my part now. Again, thanks for the response.

I wore a half helmet after my surgery on about that account of time with no problem. Idk how tight a motocross helmet fits or how many hours a week you ride, so that may need to be considered. Good luck.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• 2 weeks later...

First off, ask Dr. Shapiro and do what he says. He's good and honest.

At our practice we've now done 3 fighter pilots, 2 transport plane pilots, and a bunch of helicopter pilots, all of whom were "back in the helmet" by 3 weeks and one fighter pilot was back turning and burning at 12 days. Of all of them, he grew the earliest and the fastest, but helmets didn't seem to alter their results.

Hair pieces are a different thing altogether as we've now seen several guys who appear to have trouble with growth and while I can't prove it, I highly suspect that hairpiece adhesive is to blame.

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA

William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

• 3 weeks later...
First off, ask Dr. Shapiro and do what he says. He's good and honest.

At our practice we've now done 3 fighter pilots, 2 transport plane pilots, and a bunch of helicopter pilots, all of whom were "back in the helmet" by 3 weeks and one fighter pilot was back turning and burning at 12 days. Of all of them, he grew the earliest and the fastest, but helmets didn't seem to alter their results.

Hair pieces are a different thing altogether as we've now seen several guys who appear to have trouble with growth and while I can't prove it, I highly suspect that hairpiece adhesive is to blame.

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA

Can you please advice me that what is better for hair growth, Coconut oil, shampoo or eating medicines?

I get asked that questions by Italians all the time. In Italy most people owe a vespa. 6 weeks should be fine.

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson