HT done with Dr. Radha on 30-June-2014. (4113 Grafts, FUT)

@fullcoverage:

Kindly post ur latest pics...what is the position of scar???how much dr. Radha charged to u?? I am also planning for HT. But leaning towards FUE more..if i will go for fut then dr. Radha will be my first choice...keep updating...

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thnx....

What about scar??? I have read about big linear scar thats why I am affraid of FUT. But success growth, cheaper rate & dr. Radha is plus point in favour o FUT.. Still in dialema whether go for fut or fue...

Anyways you give me details of ur scar it may help in taking decision...

Correction: Since my scalp laxity was good, Dr. Radha was able to cut a wider strip, hence she could extract as many as 4113 grafts from the not so great donor area that I had. At least that's how I understood it.

The best docs will be conservative in all estimates prior to touching anything and then they usually get more during the course of the procedure. In fact, the best professionals I have ever met in any profession under-promise and then over-deliver. This is the key to happy customers with aligned expectations.

Anyone who promises more than you would think is realistic...run.

Thanks. What about side effects of Finasteride? Should I also be using Minoxidil?

The side effects are typically uncommon. Usually the best thing to do is to try the medication, see how you feel, most people tolerate it well but some do experience side effects. It will work to slow down your hair loss.

I think Dr. Radha perhaps is the only worthwhile doctor Recommended here from India.

The Rest are just Hair Mills ... Stay away Guys because they all make super Tall claims and are only wanting Business . Radha is never advertising here nor does she hhave any Representative on this forum to defend the wrong doings to cover up. Its only becos she uses all her resources on her work and not on making tall claims. Her advertisments are her Real Patients who click pics in Real sunlight and not in a studio.

Mikeey you are very true...there are very less who actually thinks about patients..others do only acting of caring to expand their business...

They are running business only and they dont care if two out of 10 goes wrong becoz of not proper attention as they are doing two or three surgeries on the same day..even the cost of HT is not right...as the cost of input in whole procedure is very less...if they actqually think about patients they should reduce their cost..do one surgery with full involvement in a day..also trained the new doctors...I know this is the business world & what I am saying are ideals...

I hope members here take note of this point raised by you nitin.. because then if it fails then no one shud regret ... also noteworthy is that Not all docs recommended on this site are "Equal" pls get this point clear ... some docs here are not worth looking into at all ... yet there are many super docs who are not listed here.. they r not inferior ... so members shud not take the docs recommended here as words from the Bible.

Yaa..I agry with u mikeey...so its the duty of each & every member here to explore more & more options...make this forum familier with them....it will start a better competition between docs..finally reduction in cost..enhancement in quality & personal care...

Keep in mind, then it also means that patients should stop shopping by price. Ideally, a doctor should raise their prices, and focus on one procedure per day. But then patient compare by prices....one doctor charges $5/graft, another does $3/graft, and they pick the second one.

You cannot have both a reduction in cost and an increase in personal care. If you reduce prices, then it will mean higher volume and less attention.

KO...I agree with u..but ideal situation is tht reduction in price & increase in personal care...it will definitely happen very soon in 2-3 yrs...This HT surgery is not very costly input vice..bt rates r very high..just becoz we have limited options...so I m asking forum to come with more and more options who are also doing good work..but not advertising so much and not recommended here...

Ko..I completly agree with u for now...but in future it will definetly happen..

now surgeons are charging according to thier greeds...and as there is less competition in the field of HT, patients are fulfilling the greed of surgeons...but in future when we will have more surgeons and new techniques the price will be down and quality will be up..so come and take part in expanding the options...

• 1 month later...

Hi folks...here is my update after exactly 6 months 15 days.

The numbness in the recipient area and pain in the donor area is 100% gone.

My worry is, the transplanted hair is still curly and will not blend properly with my native hair since my native hair is not curly...

I also called up Dr Radha and asked if I can go for the 2nd HT, as my crown area and the sides on front were not adequately covered. Being a true professional that she is, she will evaluate the possibility only after a minimum of 9 months from the date of first HT.

Please let me have your opinions on the progress.

1.jpg.3b27a28e299ea00e7250aa60b72cb526.jpg

2.jpg.84f695c93b39ae5aff5d5290d83dc80a.jpg

3.jpg.fd7fe519ffc8a9807bb680b15520b8b5.jpg

4.jpg.9e6afae7a1d32a1826a0197e7a7f3d8e.jpg

6.jpg.e62011d2bd98c0ff89ef07feeb89cbc7.jpg

7.jpg.bb9576ec9542e900e1f215a9f7239e66.jpg

8.jpg.eab95aec78a63ac83b40ab629571621d.jpg

9.jpg.8476568169006bcd3c2c2562f6f7f93f.jpg

10.jpg.1b0b2273af32a3e347478a29eebfeb4c.jpg

11.jpg.402c6a053b3c7c832bc4b36ee87a389b.jpg

12.jpg.8bec43762ceeacaa7ce1150a2615c1b2.jpg

13.jpg.d0b2183e3ab73b90260542a758c7853f.jpg

Fullcoverage your results so far are very good big difference from your starting point. With your question about the new transplanted hair being curly and not blending with the donor area that is normal. You can clearly see the hair is frizzy and immature and can take up to 18 months maybe even longer to fully mature and settle down.

This will be a thickening of the hair shaft in most cases and your hair will become less frizzy and curly and resemble the donor hair.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Amazing work by Dr. Radha and progress. Do people recognize you after 6 months? That sure is some progress, and the best part is that its gonna keep getting better with time. Imagine the results had you been on finasteride and minidoxil.

I'd like to know though, when did you experience your first shedding of transplanted grafts ? And when did your stutures at the donor site completely dissolve?