HT done with Dr. Radha on 30-June-2014. (4113 Grafts, FUT)

Hi folks,

Thanks to this excellent site (HRN) for recommending Dr Radha, I have done my HT with her on 30th June 2014, and would like to share my experience. I live in India and speak the same language that is spoken in Vizag (Visakhapatnam), so I had no issues with finding my way in the city. Based on online consultation, email & photo exchanges, my surgery was fixed for 30th June.

Day 0: Reached Vizag by Train, then proceeded to Hotel. That night I washed my hair with Betadine solution.

Day 1: Reached the hospital by 8 AM. The friendly staff (Prasanna, Dr Ujjwala, Dr Sashi) welcomed us. My hair was washed with some liquid and dried using a dryer. Then blood sample was taken for HIV, Hepatitis B & C tests. After that I was made to sit in a consulting room where Dr. Radha explained the whole procedure.

During the operation, Dr. Radha told me that though my donor area is not 100% perfect, she could extract 4,113 grafts since my scalp laxity was very good.

Dr. Radha initially said I would require 2 sessions (since I was at Norwood Level 6) for complete coverage, second session being after 1 year or so. However, this amazing doctor managed to cover the entire area (even upto the crown) with enough density to create that 'illusion'. After all, HT is all about creating the illusion of fullness anyway.

In total, the surgery took about 9 hours.

Grafts details:

1 Hair - 1030

2 Hair - 2849

3 Hair - 234

Total number of grafts: 4113

Total number of hairs: 7424

I do not feel any excessive pain in the scar area.

Day 2: Went to the clinic for post operative cleaning. The staff cleaned my transplanted area & donor area and explained how the same needs to be done for the next 15 days.

I am attaching pictures below of Pre-op and Post-op. All photos are taken with my mobile. I will upload high resolution photos taken by the clinic once they supply them to me.

Today is 3rd day after the operation, and I am already feeling light itching in the transplanted area. I have been asked to wear the head band for 5 days.

I will keep this thread updated with latest developments and more pictures.

Dr. Radha is a true professional and excellent human being. All her staff are perfect in what they do. I highly recommend Dr. Radha to anyone looking for HT.

Regards

Pre-1.jpg.4507f4eecff73bfa1f3054f601efe32a.jpg

Pre-2.jpg.a7cb490a3c7267bbe77ad033bf8fff41.jpg

Post-1.jpg.dd422d69b3a8ba5010c8f13d19c23b29.jpg

Post-2.jpg.f2c377c337e10e021018fd5c593b8f0e.jpg

Post-3.jpg.2a6f0c309043752357677e7268229dde.jpg

Edited by FullCoverage

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Correction: Since my scalp laxity was good, Dr. Radha was able to cut a wider strip, hence she could extract as many as 4113 grafts from the not so great donor area that I had. At least that's how I understood it.

• 2 weeks later...

15 day post-op pictures.

No shedding so far. Scar is healing well.

Started rubbing the transplanted area as suggested by the clinic.

The transplanted seems to be 'growing', but no shedding so far.

Regards

IMAG1792.jpg.bb4e27e712e9b90022c34e1880e67ed0.jpg

IMAG1795.jpg.de090648e69ec52c8bac5435c889d66a.jpg

IMAG1796.jpg.2bf68b0f5721879afae1c97843194dea.jpg

IMAG1799.jpg.f4c230062b0ecfc8fed236c51cc82bde.jpg

Edited by FullCoverage

• 2 months later...

Hi all, I am back after exactly 3 months...

The grafts have shown visible growth post shedding. I will upload pictures in a day or two.

However, I have a question meanwhile...The transplanted area is still numb. And the extracted area feels minute pain when touched (only at the back, not at the sides). Are these issues I need to be worried about?

Regards

Your HT with Dr. Radha's looks good. You're growth is approx 2 months ahead of average, should see more growth & be much thicker at 6 months. You had 4100 grafts for a large area, it'd be interesting to see how it looks at 15 months, you could need a 2nd HT to fill in the gaps.

• 1 month later...

Hi all, it is 4.5 months since HT.

The growth seems very good. However, I am losing hair in temple area (which was not transplanted). The transplanted hair is also not straight, it looks more curly??? I numbness in the transplanted area has reduced but not to zero.

I will post pics tomorrow.

Regards

So far so good. You should get more growth from 5-6 months. I will suggest that you should cut your hair short back and sides so it blends better with the top. At 4 months I cut hair short to grade 4, it looked much better.

Dr.Radha doesn't have much of a following, but please still continue to post as it still helps others even if they don't comment.

I see the curls as well. How often do you wash your hair? I would suggest daily and see if you can comb it straight while wet. I don't think there is anything wrong with the curls and I bet they will straighten as they get longer and everything comes in more. You are getting some good growth. Do you have some orange peel on the top (bumpy areas)?

Thank you. I was thinking of cutting it after another 2 months. My transplanted area is not any dense, you can see empty areas. Dr Radha tried her best to cover such a vast area with just 4000+ grafts. Do you think if the transplanted area is grown more (say after 6 months), the empty areas will be covered?

I am not on any medication due to their apparent side effects. Should I be applying Minoxidil 5% for the Crown? As you can see, the crown has started to lose native hair and the scalp started to appear there.

I approached Dr Radha on phone for a 2nd HT for the crown and other less dense areas, but she recommended to think about it only after a minimum of 10 months.

I see the curls as well. How often do you wash your hair? I would suggest daily and see if you can comb it straight while wet. I don't think there is anything wrong with the curls and I bet they will straighten as they get longer and everything comes in more. You are getting some good growth. Do you have some orange peel on the top (bumpy areas)?

I wash it daily. I usually don't touch the transplanted area with comb, but I will try to comb it straight from now. Thanks for the suggestion.

What is orange peel?

regards

Unless your mpb has stabilised, your gains with this HT will be lost against the loss of your native hair. I hope you the best result from your HT but I think without taking finasteride, you may be thin again in another 2-3 years.

At least you'd still have hairline created from the HT, but your overall look won't be dense if it's not supported by your native hair.

Do re-consider taking finasteride, it really helps a lot.