Hair Transplant With Dr. Vories (2250 Grafts)

Jay6

Hi everyone. Back in December 2013, I had a transplant with Dr. Vories. It's been over 6 months now and I'm pretty disappointed with the results. I'm back to keeping my hair buzzed as the primary purpose of the transplant - a much improved hairline and denser mid-scalp - hasn't been realized.

I thought I would have seen excellent results by now due to my photos from 2 weeks post op. Sadly, I haven't come close to those photos.

I will say this about Dr. Vories, though - he is super friendly and made the experience very comfortable and priced the procedure at a very affordable rate. Maybe I'm just destined to be bald since this wasn't my first failed HT. He does have great result photos on his website, so maybe it's just me. Just wanted to share my experience.

sorry to hear that, any pre-op and post-op pics as well as current situation?

6 months is still on the early side for growth, and some are even slow growers

was it FUT or FUE btw?

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Hi Jay,

Have you touched base with Dr. Vories? Like HSRP said, 6 months is still very early. You are only roughly 40% matured, and obviously still have a lot of potential for further growth and maturation. Can you share some images? Perhaps this will help us better analyze the growing results and offer more helpful feedback.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Hey guys. Thanks for your input. No, I haven't contacted Dr. Vories.

I didn't think 6 months was too early. Reading through threads on here, 6 months seems like the point where posters say you won't see much improvement going forward.

Here are some pics from before the HT and 9 days post-op.

I haven't taken any recent pics just because my hair looks funny with it grown out for more than a week.

5b32dfdcd5d30_TopFront.jpg.ebe794fe562565f9d3e030d2338b0c47.jpg

5b32dfdce413d_front9dayspostop.jpg.8027de0f6d50ecfda657b2fa154462f6.jpg

Jay,

While the 6 month mark may give you some idea of "where you're headed," it is far from the final result. In fact, it is roughly 6 months and 60% from the final result.

And though the pre-operative and 9 day post-operative images are helpful, it would really be better to share a recent image. Can you take one soon and share it? I would also be more than happy to contact Dr. Vories and ask him to review the thread if you'd like.

Look forward to your reply.

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Jay,

While the 6 month mark may give you some idea of "where you're headed," it is far from the final result. In fact, it is roughly 6 months and 60% from the final result.

And though the pre-operative and 9 day post-operative images are helpful, it would really be better to share a recent image. Can you take one soon and share it? I would also be more than happy to contact Dr. Vories and ask him to review the thread if you'd like.

Look forward to your reply.

Future_HT_Doc:

I can take a pic soon, but like I said I keep my hair buzzed just because of how it looks now. I can let it grow out and post pics on Friday. Would love to hear your input on where you think I'm currently at and if I still have ways to go. I wouldn't mind Dr. Vories chiming in either. Thanks!

Hey Jay,

Not a problem! I'm here to help : )

Look forward to the images. I'll let Dr. Vories know to. As you know, he's very dedicated and I have no doubt he will review the thread and leave a helpful reply.

Jay-

6 months is far from a finished product, although I am concerned about the next few months. There should be substantial growth between months 6 and 9 if this is a case of delayed growth. Part of the procedure is to have both a 6 month and 12 month follow-up with me. Please arrange to keep these appointments, and keep in mind we do have a 85% graft survival rate guarantee at the one year mark. This is there so you will have some measure of comfort for the final result. Thanks!

Jay-

6 months is far from a finished product, although I am concerned about the next few months. There should be substantial growth between months 6 and 9 if this is a case of delayed growth. Part of the procedure is to have both a 6 month and 12 month follow-up with me. Please arrange to keep these appointments, and keep in mind we do have a 85% graft survival rate guarantee at the one year mark. This is there so you will have some measure of comfort for the final result. Thanks!

Doc-With all due respect, an 85% growth guarentee is weak considering top docs should be able to hit 95+ survival rate on a routine basis; Especially with FUT.

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Hi Jay,

Have you touched base with Dr. Vories? Like HSRP said, 6 months is still very early. You are only roughly 40% matured, and obviously still have a lot of potential for further growth and maturation. Can you share some images? Perhaps this will help us better analyze the growing results and offer more helpful feedback.

Any feedback?

Hi Jay,

Feedback on what?

Hi Jay,

Feedback on what?

Hi Future_HT_Doc:

On the first page of this thread you said, "Can you share some images? Perhaps this will help us better analyze the growing results and offer more helpful feedback."

After sharing the images, I thought you would offer more helpful feedback.

I am an African male and I had a procedure with this Vories back in summer 2012. The result was also poor. I talked to a recommended Doctor from the west coast on here afterwards who has a great track record with African Americans and he explained to me how and why the neograft transects coarse African American hairs. Out my grafts, about 45% grew. On the bright side, the clinic did live up to their refund policy. I was at the 8 month mark when it became quite evident that my result was very unsatisfactory and wasn't going to dramatically change. I hate to be a bearer of bad news but looking at your photos it doesn't look promising going forward. If you're considering a second procedure, Dr Cooley whose also in North Carolina does great work with African American males and his prices are reasonable. Good luck bro!

I am an African male and I had a procedure with this Vories back in summer 2012. The result was also poor. I talked to a recommended Doctor from the west coast on here afterwards who has a great track record with African Americans and he explained to me how and why the neograft transects coarse African American hairs. Out my grafts, about 45% grew. On the bright side, the clinic did live up to their refund policy. I was at the 8 month mark when it became quite evident that my result was very unsatisfactory and wasn't going to dramatically change. I hate to be a bearer of bad news but looking at your photos it doesn't look promising going forward. If you're considering a second procedure, Dr Cooley whose also in North Carolina does great work with African American males and his prices are reasonable. Good luck bro!

Thanks for the info. I recently read your thread discussing your results and desire for a refund. I wish I found it before I did my HT but figured I made the right choice since he was a recommended doctor.

I'd like to ask you a question. Please check your messages. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

As I was reading through this thread, I found myself thinking about TygerD's experience with the same surgeon and then, as if by magic, he appears in the thread.

Jay6, I feel for you. I don't give a toss what the doctor says; the "slow grower" line is pure BS. After 6 months you should be able to see a damn sight more growth than that. You DO NOT want to be given the brush off with "give it 12 or 18 months". The surgeon didn't deliver; that's it, plain and simple! Why prolong the disappointment - get it dealt with ASAP. You've lost 6 months already; don't make it a year

Ask for a refund and get yourself to a surgeon who's actually competent with African hair.

As I was reading through this thread, I found myself thinking about TygerD's experience with the same surgeon and then, as if by magic, he appears in the thread.

Jay6, I feel for you. I don't give a toss what the doctor says; the "slow grower" line is pure BS. After 6 months you should be able to see a damn sight more growth than that. You DO NOT want to be given the brush off with "give it 12 or 18 months". The surgeon didn't deliver; that's it, plain and simple! Why prolong the disappointment - get it dealt with ASAP. You've lost 6 months already; don't make it a year

Ask for a refund and get yourself to a surgeon who's actually competent with African hair.

You're right. I plan on asking for a refund. I'm actually approaching the 9 month mark on Sept. 9th. I saw what TygerD went through to get his refund, and I'm guessing I'll go through the same. Sucks because it looked so promising.