Dr. Richard S. Keller/Chicago/Hairline plug repair after multiple H/T procedures

50 year old who had hairline repair and hair restoration to add density to mid-scalp region. The patient had multiple plug procedures and hair transplant procedures in the past. 2,850 grafts were utilized to obtain results. Photos shown are pre-op and one year post-op. The patient is pleased with his results and now enhances his hair color. Comments are encouraged.

dscn0199.jpg.04456482d2e1df80c95776b6f90ccc02.jpg

dscn0202.jpg.9b7e867683d76356e5af622e32d2dc21.jpg

dscn0512.jpg.e9d3c5644da5a3380f677f4ac70d8b4a.jpg

dscn0513.jpg.f21eb908d939acc27044f4a8f6f8196e.jpg

dscn0514.jpg.ed573fbd998d559c38a9c073a6f0c1df.jpg

dscn0516.jpg.2ca335d280a2f6b1eea56d27d06d3375.jpg

DSCN2953.jpg.ed3938003eaff2bc91f76552b7b7e7bb.jpg

DSCN2938.jpg.0da6416baf56e89a4981c9d3853f9e4a.jpg

DSCN2939.jpg.822d0a9652aeff514dff1a199ba71f27.jpg

DSCN2931.jpg.c31604b59163cd59ecee8f51597b0dbb.jpg

DSCN2944.jpg.34a776f8369c1198f84dea3ca225c7ec.jpg

Dr. Keller is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

Looks nice, but this is a prime example of why not to get a low hairline AND blunt your corners. Hopefully , you will grow old, so you do not want a super juvenile hairline when the time comes. I have a fairly low hairline, but receded corners that should age well. Some people choose a straight hairline, but a higher hairline, while others choose receded and a higher hairline. Any of these that fit your NW level and face can be appropriate, but as you can see, I don not feel doing both (unless it is just a hairline fortification on a gentleman with great hair already) looks good past a certain age. Just an opinion, and good job helping this guy out.

Edited by Spanker

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Spanker,

Thank you for such a positive comment. I really did help this guy out. This patient had his previous surgeries from other local surgeons. I designed his hairline behind his previous hairline as shown. This patient's hairline, even though done by others, is still respectful of Da Vinci's "rule of thirds". The guidelines for plug repair have been achieved. Plug repair requires a mixture of graft density and textures as far as temporal parietal-angles go. I have attached this patient's drawing along with another example demonstrating the value of temporal-parietal angles, ( as you referred to as blunt corners).

Richard S. Keller M.D., FISHRS

dscn0530.jpg.d0801eeb9ed933a0d33094e5804b4c9c.jpg

gggggggg.jpg.8addc46c7dfaf5a72afed985d6654629.jpg

DSCN0039.jpg.e3d4d8e6e58d2f3a1d6ec4b83d5b6f45.jpg

Immediate post op pics would have been very helpful to see as it's not clear the surface area where hairs were transplanted. The pictures (from the clinic?) are not quite apples to apples, and the final results seem to be presented in the most flattering way - that is, hair is styled to obscure density and hair is combed over sides of hairline. By contrast in the preop pics his hair is styled in the opposite way, to reveal flaws.

I'd like to think this is a nice result but there are a lot of variables that remain to be seen. It would be nice to see more detailed views of his result (i.e. entire hairline pulled back, closeups, hair parted at various areas in transplanted area, hair wet, etc). Hair transplants rely on illusion to be effective, but I don't want to be sold a magic trick. I want to see behind the certains.

hairthere, Thank you for the positive comment.

Rootz, I know I am not a good photographer, but there is no intention of deceit in posting these photos. Nothing is styled to obscure anything. The 1st pre-op & post-op photos show the patient's hairline as he walked into my office. The final results are flattering to the patient because his hairline is much improved. I will post updated photos when the patient returns for a follow up visit.

Regards,

Dr. Keller

hairthere, Thank you for the positive comment.

Rootz, I know I am not a good photographer, but there is no intention of deceit in posting these photos. Nothing is styled to obscure anything. The 1st pre-op & post-op photos show the patient's hairline as he walked into my office. The final results are flattering to the patient because his hairline is much improved. I will post updated photos when the patient returns for a follow up visit.

Regards,

Dr. Keller

If the patient had walked into your office wearing concealer would you have taken pictures as is too? There are various techniques to create the illusion of better hair. My point is it doesn't seem like a serious attempt was made to break down that illusion in the result pictures.

I understand the patient may not be eager to mess up his/her hair for pictures, but it doesn't hurt to ask. Also, immediate post op pictures showing the graft placement would be helpful especially in this case.