6 1/2 months post OP

All my hairs have grown in, and I was typically what they call an early sprouter, being that the follicles started sprouting around two half - three months post OP. My concerns are that I'm six n half months post operation, aesthetically speaking the results are sub par under incandescent lighting. Up close when the hair is dry and combed back their is a distinct tell sign of my previous NW2 due to the fact the follicles have no rhythm, are kinky, and thin in appearance. THE HAIR LOOKS EXTREMELY TRANSPARENT, and see through when combed back, it doesn't blend in rather sticks up like a sore thumb. THis leaves me no choice but to keep my hair combed forward and swept to the side for the time being.

The lighting in particular make my results range every time, in most settings it looks fine but my bathroom at home, it looks terrible (incandescent). At work, gym and other settings(fluorescent) it looks manageable, even great. At home well that's a different story all together.

When will the hair start blending together, and having a strong dense appearance opposed to the grafty, and transparent look it currently has?

Edited by watch4norwoods

Watch,

This sounds normal for the six month period. At this point, your transplant is only roughly 40% matured, and most of the hairs will likely appear coarse and "wiry." This will probably last from month 6 until roughly month 9. From month 9 through month 12, the hairs till continue to mature and transition into a normal texture. This should allow the transplanted hair to seamlessly blend with your native hair.

Good luck!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

It's been said many times, a bathroom light over head can make a full head of hair thin. You still have some thickening to do but you shouldn't expect it to be as thick as your native.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

You're doing what every single HT patient does: judging your result way too early! 12-18 months and then give your verdict.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com