Dr. Wen-Yi Wu 1511 grafts FUE Chinese hairline reconstruction

This is a 43 y/o Chinese patient suffering from Norwood III recession. He has been on Finasteride for the past 2 years. One session FUE was done 16 months ago on the hairline. Total 1511 grafts were harvested, which consisted of 500 singles.

FZys2R1.jpg

nedrNcK.jpg

EQJ5dkp.jpg

wKE9FTl.jpg

d8x6Agb.jpg

Wen-Yi Wu M.D. FISHRS 吳文藝醫師

Fellow International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery

國際植髮醫學會 資深研究員

Diplomate ABHRS

American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery

美國植髮醫學會 專科認證

Taiwan Hair Transplant 台灣萌髮診所

8F, 21 Section 3, Nanjing East Road, Taipei, Taiwan

台北市南京東路三段21號8樓

Telephone: 886-225011383

www.hair7838.com

Email: wu@hair7838.com

Dr. Wen-Yi Wu is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

Extractions and recipient areas look real clean, but as far as the cosmetic difference or dare i say yield, not too much of a change pre vs post op... More pic may help

You only live once...

Dr. Wu,

Thank you for sharing! Altogether, I think the transformation is natural and impressive, and the work appears very refined. Nicely done.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Patients with small bilateral fronto-temporal recessions usually leave the hair long enough to cover the 2 sides. Pre and post-op changes are not obvious when hair are long.

ZVF2kTe.jpg

Subtle pre and post-op changes can only be appreciated when the hair are trimmed short or combed backwards to expose the 2 sides.

N5MRz4W.jpg

Dr. Wu,

Regarding the hairline design, it seems that the terminal ends at the two angles usually curve directly backwards in most hands. For your patient, the terminal ends curved outward and downward; is there any rationale ? Thank you.

Dr. Wu,

Regarding the hairline design, it seems that the terminal ends at the two angles usually curve directly backwards in most hands. For your patient, the terminal ends curved outward and downward; is there any rationale ? Thank you.

Bell and round shape hairline:

The bell-shaped hairline fits a narrower head , conserves grafts, and matches the arc of temporal recession. The round design is better suited for a wider head with mature , stable temporal hair, like this patient.

The lateral terminus of the hairline can either end with the tail moving backward or with a slight flare. If the lateral terminus flares outward, i.e., curves toward the temples, and the temple hairline is not rebuilt, the surgeon will need to commit to rebuild the temple hair in the future since the hair-loss progression may move backward exposing the scalp behind the initial hairline and causing the entire hairline to look unnatural.

Conversely, if the lateral terminus points almost directly backward, then the temple can progress in recession backward along this line and continue to look natural, this design is suitable if the temple is not planned to be transplanted at the outset.

In either case, the temple may require rebuilding either at the initial session or in the future because a hairline that juts too far in advance of the temporal hairline looks unnatural like a bad toupee.

This patient has a round head with a strong temple hair. We designed a round hairline with a flared terminal ends .

Edited by TaiwanHair7838

very nice! a good transplant is life-changing. I am sure your patients are very happy. Take it from me, when Dr Parsa Mohebi turned me from a bald nerdy guy to a handsome dude with good hair, my lifestyle changed for the WAY better. Keep up the good work!! Thanks

Paulygon is a former patient of Dr. Parsa Mohebi

My regimen includes:

HT #1 2710 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in 2012

Rogaine foam 2x daily, since 2012 (stopped ~10/2015)

Finasteride 1.25mg daily, since 2012 (stopped ~12/2015)

HT #2 3238 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in Jun. 2016

Started Rogaine and Propecia in July. 2016 after being off of them for about a year.

To Johnboy 71,

This is my typical FUE patient. I try to limit to session 2000 grafts or below; and in mature patients in whom future sessions are not anticipated. In patients that need mega or giga sessions , FUE might end up with see-through effect, white walling or hypopigmentation of the donor areas. These complications are not easily corrected.

Some say that it is ideal to transplant patients at least above 25 y/o.

To me, transplanting or not transplanting, based on arbitrarily age limits, is unfair to patients and has little or no medical basis. As with all patients, young patients must have realistic expectations as to the ongoing nature of male pattern baldness, the limited amount of donor hair available, and how this will impact the future cosmetic appearance and extent of their transplanted areas.

Arbitrarily saying that under a certain age hair transplantation should never be done is wrong. Every situation is different and each one should be judged on its merits. Conservative surgery will be less harmful to these young hair loss sufferers than condemning them to many years of low self esteem.