should I continue procepia , lower dose or what?

saroj33

Hi everyone.

I have been stuck in the middle of a huge problem nowadays.

I started finasteride 1mg per day 5 months ago . at first I noticed that my penis became little heavy after few days . Then after a week I noticed my morning erection had gone . I also noticed my semen became watery . but I continued using it for 5 months even though I saw side effects within first week . I thought it would go away in few weeks. my body will be used to it . after 5 months the side effects began to loosen up . Then I quited the drug . after few weeks of quiting every thing became normal . But I am planning to start it again but in much lower dose . like 0.5 or 0.25 mg per day. I need your advice friends .

Does this mild side effects is seen in all the men who starts procepia or on only few mens who will get erectile disfunction in future?.

Saroj,

I know this probably isn't the advice you were looking for, but I highly recommend consulting with a trusted physician. Preferably, the doctor who prescribed the finasteride. Propecia is a serious medication and all adverse effects and changes in regimen should be thoroughly discussed with a doctor.

Good luck!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

As a comparison, I have been on finasteride for almost 2 years and I never had so much as a hint of a problem anything like that.

Now that being said, I have stopped taking finasteride for other reasons but never had even so much as a hint of the sexual side affect.

definitely consult with a doctor and possibly look into other DHT blockers such as saw palmetto, nettle root etc.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Stop it , if u have sides ... they will get permanent OR Google propecia horror stories , wait a while till clarity emerges , Merck is know for antics ... if u know what i mean aka Vioxx , first they introduce the drug and only when the going gets too rough ...... the FDA Bans it .. wow America !!

Hello,

I am on Propecia, but have not had any kind of side effects connected to my sexual function. I've heard that there are men whose sexual function decreases, but as I know these are the rare cases. Anyway, I'd consult a doctor in this regard.

it is no longer rare balddonald .... the original fig of 2% ppl have sides has been revised to now 30% offically by FDA .... and i suspect its even huge than 30 % , good luck !

Guys .. I am currently using minoxidil foam and I hope it will help me . I don't think it would be wise to use finasteride again . I don't know if it is due to finasteride but suddenly after 2-3 months of using finasteride I got a big black floater in left eye. Thankfully it was not retinal dettachment. But I would definately try to take 0.5mg per day consulting my docter .And If the side effects again appears then i would forget finasteride forever. Why the fuck god made us to loose hair??? I am 25 and balding rapidly . I think I would have to get a clean shaved look within couple of years.

And One more thing . May be due to first use of minoxidil foam I overdoes it (unknowingly) and finished it in 14 days . And thats dangerous for heart I felt some pain in my heart.

I guess Life has 2 choices "fight baldness die quick" or "leave healthy and embrace baldness"

bro , i got sides after just a week .... i did not bother to go to the doc again , becos it was MY BODY telling me to quit .... why shud a doc be able to tell u better than your own body sensations ? but i was luck that the ED resolved on it own within 2 months , now i just use beta sitosterol and i am thinking of adding saw palmetto , i know the evidence is weak BUT at least i am not risking my body .