Hair transplant laxity exercises and a few questions about them...

So, it's exactly two weeks until my transplant and I've been doing the laxity exercise on the hasson and Wong site.

My transplant is only about 2500 grafts but I think it's better to be safe than sorry in case I have a super tight scalp.

The one thing I want to know is, does this have any chance of causing traction hairloss? My hair isn't buzzed all short like in the tutorial image, it's about 12cm long and I can't help but feel that I might be pulling hair out by doing the exercises.

Is this just paranoia?

Probably a little paranoia. I would make sure that your hair parted well, so you are touching scalp also and also try to put your index fingers just higher than where your strip will be cut out, if you are worried about it.

Your pre and post of care and doctor you chose will have a lot to do with how your result turns out. So I would concentrate on that.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Make sure you are pressing firming and moving the scalp not just the hair up and down it will be tough on the biceps to start with. Some people find it easier to rest their head on a table with a towel on top and do it that way.

There is little chance of traction hair loss but some patients will not do the exercises correctly to get the best benefit.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

traction alopecia is usually accompanied with some discomfort or pain, if there's no discomfort (and don't do the exercise so hard to cause it!) then they are just hairs lost anyway

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Traction alopecia comes from years of sustained traction in one spot. Scalp laxity exercises only apply traction for very short periods of time in the grande scheme of things so you have nothing to worry about.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians