6.5 Months after transplant

Hi All,

So it's been around 6.5 months since I had a hair transplant, here are the details:

Dr Damkerng Pathomvanich

2685 grafts

- 377 one hair grafts

- 1439 two hair grafts

- 548 three hair grafts

- 321 four hair grafts

Total 6339 hairs.

Here are the pics (I suck at taking these pictures): Hair Restoration Social Network ? Community for and by Hair Loss Patients

Right now Im not very happy with the results, the density is pretty bad and my hair is vert, very wiry right now. I also realise that the coverage on crown isn't very good, but to be fair I had most of the grafts on the front and went back until we ran out.

I'm not sure what it's like compared to how it was before because I used to shave my hair regularly when it got really thin. But compared to the few times I have let it grow out a little I'm not really seeing any improvements.

At this stage I'm not sure if I should be seeing a lot more density or if I'm just a slow grower. I have no hope for the crown because very little grafts made it there but the front and the mid I really hope thicken up a LOT more, and become much less like wire wool.

Any thoughts are welcome.

Chris

N.B. Also, interesting thing, I never had grey hairs on top just at the sides, so now they have been implanted on top too :)

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/170457-2565-grafts-dr-alexander.html

Here's an example of 5 to 12 months. But, I agree, nobody is going to be able to give you a meaningful assessment without pre op pics. Have you contacted your doc?

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Thanks Spanker, as I said before the op I had a shaved head. I have pictures before and after the op, but I am not sure how useful they are considering I have no hair to compare against. Should I add them anyway?

Chris

I think it may be helpful just to be able to see the exact area covered.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I think the basic problem here is that your hair is too short. It needs to be 1-1.5 inches or more to give some decent coverage.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

I think you need to wait for couple of months to see the change. My husband who done the hair restoration surgery eight months before from CHTC (Canadian Hair Transplant Centre Toronto | Surgical Hair Restoration). After the sixth month, I saw a tremendous change in his density. He is really happy and excited to see the further improvement. I hope you to get the change soon.