Dr.Kongkiat Laorwong advice needed!

seanf9

Hey I am in the process of finalizing my dates with Dr.Kongkiat Laorwong for a HTin Thailand. was really hoping someone could give me some info on him or has any experiences with him. I would really appreciate any info as I am very nervous about going through with it without more getting info...

Thanks

Why take the risk on a doctor who's an unknown quantity? You know what this forum is and what it seeks to do in terms of raising the standard of hair transplant surgery. The doctor you mentioned isn't recommended by this forum. That doesn't necessarily mean he's no good but, as I asked, why take the risk.

Use the forum; do a search; put your mind at ease.

'Nuff said

Why take the risk on a doctor who's an unknown quantity? You know what this forum is and what it seeks to do in terms of raising the standard of hair transplant surgery. The doctor you mentioned isn't recommended by this forum. That doesn't necessarily mean he's no good but, as I asked, why take the risk.

Use the forum; do a search; put your mind at ease.

'Nuff said

Exactly what he said, don't do it! cancel

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

• 10 months later...
  • 2 years later...

If you look for posts by members that have actually been to Dr Laorwong you will find his results are consistently excellent.

I had 2500 grafts FUE at Absolute Hair Clinic last Tuesday (5 days ago) and I'm really pleased with the experience and the work done. The graft density in the recipient area is the same as natural hair and looks great,

How can you say he's a risk if you don't know anything about his work?

And don't ask me "where's you photos?". I'm not going to post a photo every damn day just to placate the nay-sayers. When I've got together 6 or so weekly photos, I'll post them all up at once.

If you look for posts by members that have actually been to Dr Laorwong you will find his results are consistently excellent.

I had 2500 grafts FUE at Absolute Hair Clinic last Tuesday (5 days ago) and I'm really pleased with the experience and the work done. The graft density in the recipient area is the same as natural hair and looks great,

How can you say he's a risk if you don't know anything about his work?

And don't ask me "where's you photos?". I'm not going to post a photo every damn day just to placate the nay-sayers. When I've got together 6 or so weekly photos, I'll post them all up at once.

When members say such things, it isn't personal against any doc but given how vital it is to not waste donors lesser known doctors are just not recommended. With so many shady clinics out there this is just safe advice. Every great recommended doctor here was at one time an unknown so it is certainly not to say that there are not other great lesser knowns and unknowns out there and this dr may be one but until time that he has built a track record and there are enough examples posted here or elsewhere, members will continue to say why take the chance while we have long established track record doctors available. It's just people looking out for fellow people, that's it. When you are able, I look forward to seeing your progress pictures and that will go a long way in helping the community know about this doc.

• 2 weeks later...

You can find an excellent review of a FUE done by Dr Laorwong here

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/183378-1652-fue-grafts-dr-laorwong-absolute-hair-clinic-bangkok.html

Some of the best results I have seen and Dr L is definitely one I am watching for when the time comes for me to take the leap.

Looking forward to Ian posting his results.

Sean,

If you decide to go ahead please keep up all updated. I underwent a ton of research and Dr L came out as one of my top 3 along with 1 from Europe and 1 from US that this forum will not let me name.

But considering you are from Australia like me Dr L seems the most convenient. Love to know how you go as I might book in depending on your results :P

• 4 months later...
Sean,

If you decide to go ahead please keep up all updated. I underwent a ton of research and Dr L came out as one of my top 3 along with 1 from Europe and 1 from US that this forum will not let me name.

But considering you are from Australia like me Dr L seems the most convenient. Love to know how you go as I might book in depending on your results :P

Hey, I would love to know the other 2. I can email you?

Looking forward to Ian posting his results.

I have not been able to provide useful progress photos because my hair is blonde (in fact it's more like "skin coloured"). It's hard enough to see the fine hairs growing back with the naked eye, let alone with a camera.

As I may have mentioned in an earlier post, the scabs were all gone by end of Day 16, but the grafts virtually all moulted out in just a few days after reaching week 3, which was the beginning of my ugly duckling phase.

During the ugly duckling phase I kept my hair really short (No#1 crewcut) all over ie 1/8" (3mm) long since that looked better than having a few sad hairs sticking out of the recipient area, while also allowing me to monitor how well new hairs were growing back.

After 3 months & 1 week I could see that there was enough regrowth to stop shearing my head and to let the hair grow out. That was 2 months ago. I'm now 5 months, 1 week post-op.

I couldn't be happier with the results so far though. My hair already looks normal enough to not look like I've had a HT, but I can still see even more new fine hairs coming through. As I understand it, it will continue to thicken for a few months yet.

From my experience the plusses for Dr L are: 1) The graft density and natural look in the recipient area 2) Zero FUE scarring. I've asked family to check for the infamous white pockmarks, but they couldn't find any at all, and 3) Graft survivability. The hair coming back now matches what was there before the moulting took place.

The thumbnail is a photo that I just took a few minutes ago with my phone. (Sorry about the poor quality.) What it's showing is 2 months growth since I stopped shearing my head. All that's available is to compare it with at the moment is my forum thumbnail.

But when it's grown back to full length (say 2 inches) I'll do some proper photos as a comparison to photos that were taken a year ago.

5mth1wk.png.eccd67dcfada8b90b920de08d88b2e8c.png

Ianfromoz,

Thanks for sharing your opinion and photos from your surgery with Dr. Laorwong. I’m not sure if you are aware or not, but the topic you replied to here was over two years old and at that time, this doctor was not as well-known as he is today. Now, he is recommended by this community for his dedication to excellence and his outstanding patient results and more patients are familiar with him than ever before.

That said, I do encourage you to start your own topic to share your experience and photos so that more people actually see your posts and photos. When you piggyback on an old post like this, many people won’t even see your experience, photos and what you are trying to say about your doctor. Thus, I suggest creating a new topic to share your experience, progress and results.

Best wishes,

Bill