3 months post op....do i still need to cover my head in sunlight?

my Dr's post-op instructions said to cover my head for 3 months after surgery when I'm out in the Sun, and next Fri will be exactly 3 months post-op. I know my Dr's instructions said 3 months is the threshold, but would like to hear feedback from you guys.

i'm also rarely under direct sun for a long time, it's mostly just when i'm driving and walking from building to building, and the sun is never directly shining at my head.

i don't really like wearing hats because i feel they suffocate my head, and I get weird looks when i wear the bandana that the Dr. provided, so it would be cool if i can put them away.

How does your post op redness look? Ideally you should avoid the sun until the redness is gone. If there's still redness and you get prolonged sun exposure it may significantly delay the redness disappearing.

How does your post op redness look? Ideally you should avoid the sun until the redness is gone. If there's still redness and you get prolonged sun exposure it may significantly delay the redness disappearing.

the redness is a bit weird. in certain lighting conditions, it looks worst than it is...but then sometimes there is no redness at all.

do i really need to worry about sun exposure when driving in a car however? i know if i'm out in the sun at the pool or a beach, probably safe to cover my head, but when i'm driving and not in direct sunlight, do i need to cover?

I would use the rule of thumb to avoid any situation that could result in sunburn. I guess that depends on the time of year and where you live. For somewhere like London in the height of the summer it can take as little as 5-10 minutes exposure. In the winter here there is no chance of sunburn even when there is no cloud.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

I would use the rule of thumb to avoid any situation that could result in sunburn. I guess that depends on the time of year and where you live. For somewhere like London in the height of the summer it can take as little as 5-10 minutes exposure. In the winter here there is no chance of sunburn even when there is no cloud.

but how long do i follow that rule of thumb for? until the redness in recipient area is gone?

driving to work/back and walking from building to building doesn't give me sunburn, so i should be good in that regard.