Looking for help on Scabbing

I am in day 8 after HT: I really cant tell if my scabbing is going well, Both pics are from today one is normal in which you cant tell any scabbing but one is zoomed in. I dont now if its scabbing or crust of anything. Any Help would appreciated.:confused:

IMG_1476.jpg.80d5fe1bb83c1de6e72436609325f989.jpg

IMG_1475.jpg.9571d9282b1fdab2e712c6a9c777380d.jpg

You're not being paranoid disregard the above comment. Things looks just about right to me, you can probably start to be a bit more aggressive in your hair washing over the coming days as those small scabs will all be gone very soon. Good luck growing.

yeah looks pretty good to me at this stage, follow your doctors advice for shampooing and keep the area moist and soft with misting sprays and all of the stuff will be off soon.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Answering a question with a question isn't that useful.

Apologies if my comment came of a apathetic. It wasn't intended that way. It was a philosophical one, which people could answer on here from their empirical observations. The reason why I asked is because, who hasn't had a scab before? We all have. We don't worry if scabs are "scabbing well" or not. We just don't think about it. I haven't had a HT, but I am due to in a couple of months. Is the scabbing with HT a special case that should be treated unlike any other? Again, this is asked out of ignorance, not sarcasm.

Although I haven't had a HT, I have had two facial reconstructive surgeries, which left me swollen, bruised, and unaware of what I would eventually look like for about a month after each one (these were actually two separate unrelated operations). Scabbing, and stitches were involved, but I don't think I ever thought about them. I did get a blood clot in my face and got rushed into have it removed upon me realizing things were bad, but that was purely because it was obvious.

I agree that cosmetic/expensive procedures made out of choice, where you have expectations, may sometimes lead to more anxiety than accidents where one thinks "I just hope I have a face when I wake up", but still. Sometimes I think you can drive oneself mad by over thinking things. The procedure is done. Release the "I'm bald!" anxiety just for a little bit (I'm looking forward to it myself!) and wait for the results.

Hope it goes well!

Yeah that looks about where I was at on day 8. I literally only had like 12 scabs. How do I know this? Because I freaking counted them.

Yes, SHACKED after spending thousands of dollars, having a chunk of your flesh cut out and putting your cosmetic future in the hands of some guy you probably have spent less than an hour with before the cutting of the flesh, you get pretty freaking paranoid.

I remember one time in college I fell off my fraternity house, sliced open my leg and was cool with one my friends that was pre-med creating a bandage out of a shoe lace and my golf towel so I could make it to the bar. I never thought twice about my scab, scar or possible exposure to tetanus.

But after my HT, you can bet your ass I sat there in front of the mirror everyday in my hotel room counting scabs and worrying that I slept in some strange way that might have possibly dislodged a single graph.

Fortunately, my surgeon is freaking awesome, I'm all healed up and hopefully good to go.

Newbie, you look great. Congrats. Shacked, best of luck with your HT. Shoot me a message if you want me to check out any pictures of your scabs.;)

Answering a question with a question isn't that useful.

Obviously you've never heard of the Socratic method.

Apologies if my comment came of a apathetic. It wasn't intended that way. It was a philosophical one, which people could answer on here from their empirical observations.

My apologies, but I don't believe you intended it that way at all.

I am due to in a couple of months. Is the scabbing with HT a special case that should be treated unlike any other? Again, this is asked out of ignorance, not sarcasm.

I wish you the best. Sounds like you will be emotionally well-suited to deal with the grey areas and uncertainties of HT surgery.

3,425 FUT grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Nov 2013

1,600 FUE grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Dec 2018