Using someone else's grafts for HT

Is that ok that i'm using someone else's grafts for HT, providing that person and me share the same type of hair and color?

If using someone else's grafts is feasible, means a person can donate their hair as similar fashion as donating blood?

Can anyone provide me an answer. thanks

I don't think they can donate their hair, it's a lot more complicated than that, no? Or else, every one would just get a family member with a lot of hair to donate it to them for hair transplant, because it will grow back. In FUE and FUT once they take the hair from the back, it's gone, and donor regeneration is not really here 100% yet.

It's not possible, the only way for it to work is if you were to take immunosuppressive drugs for the rest of your life, similar to an organ transplant. No doctor would ever prescribe these for anything other than a life threatening disease or else they would be locked up in jail. Even if you could get a doctor to do this, these drugs are very expensive, about $30K a year, and are very dangerous and would significantly shorten your life expectancy.

The major histocompatibility complex is a set of surface proteins that distinguish self from non-self cells. If you transplant soneone elses hair on your head your immune system will recognize it as a foreign invader and attack it. This question has been asked many times on the forums, and the short story is no it's not possible.

I think Dr Charles did a transplant between twins (one had lost hair through ilness or something). That's the only occasion it would work from person to person.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day