do u think I am a candidate for FUE- please help

Hello guys

I have been on this forum for so many years, I want to do the HT but I always draw back, I have reached a situation that is unbearable so please help in answering few questions,

1- Do you think with my baldness level I can achieve good results with FUE

2- Do you think Scalp pigmentation would be better in my case if FUE can't give good results

3- Or wearing a hair system might be a solution

4- What level of baldness am I

5- How many grafts do I need

6- Which physician do you recommend ( please note I can not afford the high price in the US or in Belgium )

I simply can't take it anymore I am so devastated from hair loss and it is affecting me so deeply, I simply need a solution

IMAG0005.jpg.9aab38a2874595d356d30a46a9e7323e.jpg

IMAG0008.jpg.fff616f011a496818e58a3aaac38c7c1.jpg

IMAG0009.jpg.8f7485e28c68cd6b6326cb850bd649c3.jpg

IMAG0010.jpg.468058b93509bdf98f2b5ea9bd62f5f3.jpg

IMAG0019-2.jpg.ac4bded4ca74607318b1ec126bc74368.jpg

If i were at youre situation will make combination of fue and smp.......3000 graft on the bald area and after 12 month smp in between the graft to make fuller look....and i will wear the hair short with guard 2 on haircliper....make fue at Dr Hakan Doganay in turkey....2 euro per graft....and smp at dermo beauti centar in italy around 1500 euro all procedures..

Judging to your hands, you have strong hair and surely strong body hair. If there's not enough hair on donor area, you will have plenty to take from the body. I agree that the best combination is to do SMP + FUE = short hair, that's a combination with best results. :)

darkmanhyk,

From the pictures it looks like you have good density in your donor area. Did you send your pictures to any doctor?

I guess you are a NW6.

Everything depends on your expectation. Are you expecting full coverage from front to back?

If you are looking for affordable surgeons Turkey may be the answer! Dr. Bhatti from India is a good/affordable option too. He can transplant from body hair too.

Good luck!

Looks like you've received some good advice so far. I wanted to reiterate seeing a trusted hair restoration physician and re-asking these same questions. The FUE surgeons in Turkey (Dr. Doganay and Dr. Erdogan) generally have lower prices compared to those in Belgium and the US. These doctors are talented and trustworthy, but please tread carefully. Price shopping for hair transplant surgery usually ends up costing more in the end. It is far more economical to see a quality surgeon first - not that all expensive surgeons are good and all inexpensive surgeons are bad - than it is to undergo a discount procedure and end up needing touch-ups and potential repairs.

Good luck! Please feel free to ask any additional questions.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Judging to your hands, you have strong hair and surely strong body hair. If there's not enough hair on donor area, you will have plenty to take from the body. I agree that the best combination is to do SMP + FUE = short hair, that's a combination with best results. :)

what confused me is that dr. bisnaga refused to operate saying i am not a good candidate that 2 years back. while all other doctors said they would. I sent those pics to many doctors, so now comes the time to chose, so I wanted besides taking the opinion of the doctors to take the opinion of people on this forum

as for body hair actually is not strong a a lot is there

I was given a tempting offer from doctor Hagan Dookani which I might ask them to re-offer

Please don't misunderstand me, when I looked at Dr Tejinder Bhatti site, and saw the results, I don't see the same great results as I see from other doctors, maybe could that be to the realistic results that one might get while others only post their best results, the results on Dr Tejinder Bhatti with my level of baldness is not what I hope for or look for especially the hairlines, please no offence intended

Edited by darkmanhyk

Q. Do you think with my baldness level I can achieve good results with FUE

A. No, you won't have good result with FUE in your condition. Stick with FUT.

Q. Do you think Scalp pigmentation would be better in my case if FUE can't give good results

A. Hell no.

Q. Or wearing a hair system might be a solution

A. Nope!

Q. What level of baldness am I

A. Definitely Level 6.

Q. How many grafts do I need

A. 4000+. I would recommend you 4500.

Q.- Which physician do you recommend ( please note I can not afford the high price in the US or in Belgium )

A. Depend where you live.

Bottom line is your hair transplant will cost probably around $15000 USD. It might seem like a lot but it's a life changing experience.

I'm no expert but I think I can see where dr Bisanga is coming from. While your hair type is good the density looks a bit lacking + there is a wide area of baldness

You might only get enough donor hair for the front 3rd but even then there is a risk your sides drop to a NW7 and you're left with an island of hair on top.

SMP may be worth a look.

I would never rule out a hair system as modern ones have come on a lot over recent years. I know little about them though.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Q. Do you think with my baldness level I can achieve good results with FUE

A. No, you won't have good result with FUE in your condition. Stick with FUT.

Q. Do you think Scalp pigmentation would be better in my case if FUE can't give good results

A. Hell no.

Q. Or wearing a hair system might be a solution

A. Nope!

Q. What level of baldness am I

A. Definitely Level 6.

Q. How many grafts do I need

A. 4000+. I would recommend you 4500.

Q.- Which physician do you recommend ( please note I can not afford the high price in the US or in Belgium )

A. Depend where you live.

Bottom line is your hair transplant will cost probably around $15000 USD. It might seem like a lot but it's a life changing experience.

Can I ask why you said scalp pigmentation is not a welcome choice, I saw some websites in the UK who i think would be good for andvanced hair loss sufferer like me than doing FUE.

Can I ask why you said scalp pigmentation is not a welcome choice, I saw some websites in the UK who i think would be good for andvanced hair loss sufferer like me than doing FUE.

I knew someone who had it and it doesn't look natural. I mean.. it looks good in some picture but when you look at it in person, not so much (unless you're a really tall guy). Also, when the hair starts to grow out a little, that's when it starts to look a little weird. But please don't let my message stop you from anything. This is just my opinion/experience.