2400 grafts on a NW6

Hi, I recently visited one of the recommended surgeons from here and he put me in the NW6 category. Im not completely bald on top I still have visible hair up there but it is thin. He told me he could harvest 2400 grafts from my donor area. My question is 2400 grafts going to make a significant difference? Hopefully my picture uploads

20140116_120738.jpg.bb04ad08bcec4594265fe0f3d470b560.jpg

I would get a few more surgeons to take a look at your pics!

Maybe you would get more by fue. Or like I did Max out on fut

And then switch to fue. Have you considered body hair too?

A high norwood does require a lot of grafts to get a decent look.

2400 grafts would make an impact if you put it all into the frontal 1/3 of your scalp to give you a much stronger hairline and frontal area. If you are happy with that then it could be a nice improvement if however your expectations are for total coverage I would seriously think whether you should be going ahead with a procedure.

That number of grafts spread so thinly is not going to look much better than the current look you have, you native hair has miniaturized and will be gone soon if you are not on propecia. It boils down to your expectations and your donor at the end of the day.

Some info on your age and whether you are taking propecia and some photos of your donor would help.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Im 32 and just started taking Propecia along with Rogaine. My goal is to reinforce the frontal third. Im ok with having a thin crown. Im going the fut route because the price of fue is really high

Have you got any preferred doctors in mind?

4066 FUE Grafts with Dr Bhatti, India 9&10 Jan 2014

For my pics and thread click the link:http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/173658-4066-fue-grafts-dr-bhatti-india-restoring-more-than-just-hair.html

To be honest id prefer to stay in the states. My goal is to bridge the gap between the two sides and have a fuller frontal appearance. Im not going for full coverage so the crown can remain the same. Im just curious if a 2400 graft procedure is worth it for my expectations

2400 could cover about 60 square cm with good density (2400/40).

That could probably stretch to 80-100 sq cm if the doctor went for less density at the back and feathered it in to the crown.

If that existing hair at the front can be maintained then you might have enough for the front half. Difficult to say how dense it would look. I'd hunt around the forums for examples, e.g. NW6 and ~2,500 grafts.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

I searched the forum and found some pretty positive results of NW6 procedures done in the 2 to 3k graft range. Granted they didnt get full coverage but they look much better. Im hoping that I can acheive the same promising results by concentrating more on the frontal part of my head.

I searched the forum and found some pretty positive results of NW6 procedures done in the 2 to 3k graft range. Granted they didnt get full coverage but they look much better. Im hoping that I can acheive the same promising results by concentrating more on the frontal part of my head.

You sound like you have realistic expectations and a reasonable plan. If you have not done so, visit a few more physicians before making a final decision. First - you look fine now. Second 2400 would make a difference in your appearance. If it is done well, it could stand alone or you could expand the transplant in the future if your donor supports it. Staying on the fin is a great idea.

Thanks for the kind words GoForit. I realize ill never have a full head of hair again but from what I see I think 2400 grafts would make a decent improvement. I think I will consult a few more surgeons. As of now im currently not on fin, I just got the prescription so im hoping starting that will make some progress as well. Im using Rogaine as well.

Did the doctor say he thinks your lifetime donor supply is 2400 grafts or that he thinks he could get 2400 grafts from one procedure?

Just to give you some dissenting advice from what you have received, if I was in your situation and 2400 grafts was all I was going to get, I would pass on surgery. 2400 grafts is really not a lot on a higher norwood and you will be basically committing to never shaving your head again, so really think about it and make sure it is something you are willing to live with before you pull the trigger.

He didnt specify if it was my lifetime supply. I actually just asked him via email to clarify, im awaiting his response. Yes ive thought about not being able to shave the head if need be. There is alot to consider. FUT would be the best route I think but the cost is so high

I also agree that 2400 grafts is not a huge amount but im not looking for total coverage. I mainly just want the hair on the very top middle part of my head right behind the hairline so it looks fuller from the front.

I emailed Dr Meshkin and he put me in the NW5 category and said he could harvest 3000 grafts after seeing my pics. He charges 2.50 per graft during February. He seems to want me to book a surgery which is a red flag imo.Anyone heard about Meshkin? I can get 3000 grafts for 7500.00 compared to 2400 grafts for 8400.00 at Dr Carmens

You are doing the right thing with consulting with other Doctors to see what they would recommend. I would remain cautious in your case and stick it out a little longer on propecia to make sure you are tolerating it and it is at least halting your loss. Whilst 2400 grafts in the front might frame your face and improve your current look it is not just a case of dumping these grafts here, if your sides drop then the grafted area is going to be isolated and if you have such a limited donor then you are going to be in trouble.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

• 1 month later...

I'm like a NW4 and I was quoted 3500 by two different doctors. I guess it depends on what you tell them your goals are. I emphasized on lowering the hairline and rebuilding the temples. Honestly, I couldn't care less if I get all 3500 in the front densely packed, and leave the crown for when dutasteride and minoxidil are losing its effect. I don't think i'd be happy with 2400 grafts, but that's just me. From what I see 2400 does to NW4+ I don't like it, we need more grafts than those NW2-3's. Here are two current pics of me today, shaved to a 1 guard.

IMG-20140306-03836-2.jpg.3d5c5eb2c158ce173b270c598f5c28ea.jpg

IMG-20140306-03837.jpg.9566cd5be88458a4cf58768b074369fe.jpg