How many grafts?

Recluse

I've been losing hair for over 12-14 years since I was about 16. I am now 29. I got on Fin and later Minox, both at a very early age. I have had trouble growing my hairline and I think it's only going to be recovered with surgery.

My hair has been like this for nearly two years now, so I've stabilised it somewhat. Two relatively poor pictures are attached, they make my situation look better than it is. In any case, how many grafts will I need and who do you recommend for the surgeon?

5b32dcbbe1e34_HAIRREPAIR.jpg.950788106f2c652ccf17e0222f5946e3.jpg

5b32dcbc02c04_HAIRREPAIR2.jpg.7d5272af0336fbbcaf16baea46639690.jpg

I'll go for 1400-1600 grafts, maybe a bit less.

I'm guessing you would want FUE. Depending on budget you could visit Turkey (Doganay and Erdogan) or Belgium (Bisanga, Feriduni, Mwamba, Devroye). At the higher end Lorenzo in Manchester.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

With the designs you have drawn you are effectively worsening the recession of your temples. Bad idea. You brought the temple points forward when there is no reason to bring them forward. These are the triangular tufts of hair behind your eyebrows. Overall, IF you need anything I would think it would be no more than 1000 grafts, 500 on each side, and that would be to reduce the concave shape on either side of your forelock. Don't get greedy, do just enough.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Very nice hair for a 29 year old. Does not seem that you have aggressive hair loss at all. I would say around 1200 and leave the temple points alone or do very very light work where they are at now.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Matt - Those are the number of grafts I was thinking of too and your choice of docs(with two extra on your list) is identical to mine. Thanks.

Jotronic - I see what you mean and judging by your experience on this site I'll take that advice into serious consideration. The reason I have my triangular temple points forward is because I grow my hair quite long and this will make it appear as if there's little to mild balding. But if any doc echoes your words then it shall be as you advise.

Spanker -You're another poster whose words I value very much. I've been a silent reader on this forum and you're one of the many that can see past the bull and ask the right questions. I think the flash pictures make the hair look better and I'll try to upload pics with natural light but you're right about the light work, I just want a hairline that I can work with in the future.

Thanks to all for their words.

All the best

Recluse