Two different consultations, advice please

Brothers,

In 2013 I went for two separate hair transplant consultations both IAHRS doctors with very good online reviews and good results.

Briefly my dad and older brother are nw6/7 but never used any hair loss products both shave their hair right down so its hard to tell density of their donor.

In may 2013 I travelled to London to visit a doctor from Belgium doing uk consultations he noted that I was only just a borderline candidate for his strip procedure and advised against it due to potential future loss and retrograde alopecia. he measured my hair donor at 60/60/60 not sure if this is good bad or normal.

in October 2013 I again went to London and had a consultation with a UK based clinic who stated that I had good donor hair characteristics and a suitable candidate for the FUE procedure and that they would be happy to do the procedure.

I must admit over the last six months my donor has appeared thicker im not sure if this is in conjunction with me stopping smoking or another factor.

I must admit im getting a bit desperate now to have hair whilst im in my mid twenties still and im lucky enough that the financial side is not an issue for me.

very tempted to go with the uk procedure and hope for the best and that if my donor or top hof head hair starts going more as I get into my thirties or peopecia stops working by then something close to a cure will have come out and will be able to replace any lost hair

Im a fraction confused now as to what to do, Im thinking about going with the u

My current regime is just propecia once daily which has caused me no side effects has definitely slowed hair loss to a minimal so much so I have not really seen any loss since iv been taking it and slight thickening.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Joey

You make no mention of who these doctors are, so it would be hard for anyone to advise. Congratulations on quitting smoking. One of the best decisions you'll ever make for your overall health.

3,425 FUT grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Nov 2013

1,600 FUE grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Dec 2018

Some pictures would be useful.

60/60/60 is below average. Average would be 80 at the back and 60 on the sides. Did Bisanga recommend FUE?

What sort of hairline do you want to achieve? NW2 or NW1? I wouldn't take a procedure in the hope there will be another solution in 10-20 years. You can't afford to think like that. NW2/3 is not bad for a guy in their 20s.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Hi Joey,

I take it that you are 26/27? How long have you been taking propecia for?

Dr Bisanga measured your donor and it is below average density and are headed for a high Norwood. It sounds like propecia has improved both the recipient area and the donor which is good news and might be the reason why the difference of opinions between the 2 clinics.

I would suggest you seek some more opinions before booking any surgery, it seems that you are going to need to commit to propecia or you may not have enough grafts to get the coverage and density, photos would of course help the posters on here give an opinion.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Yes im 26 Now,

I am committed to taking propecia, have been on it for about two and a half years so far with no sides and can afford the monthly cost.

Where else in the uk could I go for a consultation that's recommended I don't mind traveling but the closer to the midlands the better.

im not very good at uploading photos onto computers and things I can send them as emails straight from my mobile

Joey,

There is the Farjo clinic in Manchester who are recommended here and I hold consultations for Hasson & Wong in London. You can email me your photos to ukconsultant@hassonandwong.com if you like.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson