FUE Donor Area - High Resolution Images

ToFueOrNot

Hello,

I want to thank everyone for sharing their stories on this forum. It has educated me greatly. Would anyone be willing to post high resolution images of the FUE donor area for the different surgeons. I'm leaning towards Dr. Bhatti due to the large amount of hair and body grafts I will need and the cost adds up. He seams to have great results. I shave my head and it looks good but if I can have hair, I'll take it. However, I won't take it at the risk of a large linear FUT scar. Most of the pictures posted of the donor area tend to be with a phone and blurry. Does anyone have high resolution images with short hair to share after the area has healed? Also any of body grafts?

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a glimpse of a strip and FUE donor area. The patient came to us after the strip (FUT) procedure. We were able to camouflage the scar by grafting it with FUE by FIT. There are subtle indications that the FUE session was performed. The healed donor area is shaved very low in the photo. The patient's donor area was harvested by Dr. Patrick Mwamba at World Hair Transplant Center's European branch. The photo labeled "FUE by FIT" may be the closest view of an FUE donor that you're going find.

New - London consultations with Dr. Patrick Mwamba - Sat., Feb. 15th, 2014

FUEbyFIT_zps20431fa7.jpg

My opinions are based on my beliefs and are simply my own. I am one representative of the WHTC clinic.

Free Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

Brussels, Belgium - Available

London, United Kingdom - Available

Zurich, Switzerland - Available

Bologna, Italy - Available

Follow us: Facebook - Youtube - Pinterest

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

here is some images my donor area after 14 weeks shaved head at #1, done by Dr Bhatti

click on the link

Hair Restoration Social Network ? Community for and by Hair Loss Patients

June 2013 - 3000 FUE Dr Bhatti

Oct 2013 - 1000 FUE Dr Bhatti

Oct 2015 - 785 FUE Dr Bhatti

Dr. Bhatti's Recommendation Profile on the Hair Transplant Network

My story and photos can be seen here

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/Sethticles/

For me, the FUE patient is shaved down too low and the scarring is obvious (but less obvious that the strip). This is a great example of how neither procedure is scarless. I feel that from a distance, at that length, the FUE extraction pattern could be very easy to pick up. However, it may be more difficult for an untrained eye to catch.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

This patient's donor area is shaved to the skin. This is a great example of showing how an FUE donor area looks when it is in fact shaved down too low. I believe that every patient who seeks surgical hair restoration should see just how visible the effects of an FUE procedure can be. More specifically, this is a close and realistic view of an FUE & FUT harvested donor area that many fellow forum viewers only hope to see from a clinic.

Many people don't know that there will always be a scar after any surgery is performed. The question is how visible will a wound be after it has fully healed. Follicular Unit Extraction will produce less visible scarring for those who like to wear short hairstyles. The goal of an FUE patient is to have the least invasive procedure and remain less detectable as a hair transplant patient who can wear a short hairstyle. The average person would be hard-pressed to identify an FUE donor buzzed above a one blade. FUE isn’t perfect, but it does produce better aesthetic results in the donor area than FUT a.k.a. strip.

New - Free London consultations with Dr. Patrick Mwamba - Sat., Feb. 15th, 2014

My opinions are based on my beliefs and are simply my own. I am one representative of the WHTC clinic.

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Where are the pictures of the fue donor area shaved to the skin with a razor? The pictures on your prior post look like the hair is missing and it would be understandable that you have to wear a longer hair style. Is it a scar or missing hair? It would be great to see if it is noticeable if you shave your head daily.

• 2 weeks later...

@FUE333

Hello there. The second photo is where we transplanted only 101 FUE grafts into the FUT/strip scar. The results seem acceptable for the amount of transplanted grafts.

Free London consultations with Dr. Patrick Mwamba - Sat., Feb. 15th, 2014

My opinions are not necessarily the opinions of Dr. Patrick Mwamba.

• 5 weeks later...

@Romanino

I do know that the density of the graft placement was 25.8cm2 so that puts the hair density or the number of hairs per graft at about 3.7, however, I don’t have access to this patient’s medical record so I will approach Dr. Patrick Mwamba ,MD, to ascertain the particular orientation of the grafts. The mid-occipital region of the scalp typically averages high hair density (180cm2 to 190cm2). From our observation, the yield of growth in linear scars from FUT a.k.a strip procedures isn’t always ideal when follicular density is above about 30cm2.

This is an acceptable result considering the uniformed appearance and condition of the scar. Our approach was to blend the FIT extractions and minimize the appearance of the strip incision to allow the patient to wear a shorter hairstyle. It’s not always easy for patients to hide or explain a strip scar. The majority of patients are fully aware of this disadvantage prior to the procedure but a few of them aren’t. A lot of patients have the intention of wearing it longer in the back so the scar doesn’t pose any issues.