I've been shy about sharing actual pictures of my procedure, but I made an album.

SilverScreen

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/SilverScreen/albums/2802

I had a 2700 graft FUT done by Dr. Diep on July 2, 2013, and so far I am very pleased with the results (other than the little side-effect I had from starting on rogaine). I haven't been able to find many African-American women's HT picture journeys that show their growth step-by-step. I've been dying to see some that have a progression of pictures, so I created one. Hopefully this can help someone else that may be looking for the same. :)

That is great you are happy with your result.

You regular doctor (not Dr. Diep) does not sound that great to let you remove your own stitches.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

That is great you are happy with your result.

You regular doctor (not Dr. Diep) does not sound that great to let you remove your own stitches.

Dr. Diep is one of the best. It was my decision. I live very far from his practice and went to a primary care doctor for removal, and that primary care doctor did not understand hair transplants or how to remove them. So I did it myself (many people do, as they sell home suture removal kits), and then I called Dr. Diep to let him know I had done it successfully. No bleeding.

Congratulations! Look forward to updates.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

It is coming along nicely. I have seen excellent results of Dr. Diep before and after HT of African American men or women. I am an African descent man myself. Thanks for sharing and way to lead; hope we will have more African descent man or woman post in the near future. Thanks again. We all here are cheering for you!

Super happy to see you making some early gains, and really happy that you are presenting your results to help others. As you said there isn't a lot of examples of your situation, and it is a great contribution to the community, thanks for sharing!! Is your loss due to traction alopecia or something else?

It is coming along nicely. I have seen excellent results of Dr. Diep before and after HT of African American men or women. I am an African descent man myself. Thanks for sharing and way to lead; hope we will have more African descent man or woman post in the near future. Thanks again. We all here are cheering for you!

Thanks so much :) I really appreciate the support here! It's great to feel there's no shame in wanting to improve or fix a feature that's been damaged or isn't thriving as well as we'd like.

Super happy to see you making some early gains, and really happy that you are presenting your results to help others. As you said there isn't a lot of examples of your situation, and it is a great contribution to the community, thanks for sharing!! Is your loss due to traction alopecia or something else?

Thank you!

I had a pretty full hairline as a child, and when I was about 8, my hair was chemically relaxed without my mom's permission. She was devastated. I dealt with varying degrees of chemical damage into my late teen's, and then I noticed traction alopecia beginning to set in as well, from hairstyles with too much tension. I suspect a few self-dye experiments didn't help either. The rest of my hair had always retained length and thickness, but my hairline became a tremendous source of insecurity for me. I literally hated it. I wanted to wear pretty upswept buns with romantic fly-aways (I'm a film artist, so my imagery is sometimes "extra" lol) and I wanted to be able to brush my hair behind my ear without someone wondering "where's the rest?"... I look at hair just as I see a frame for a picture. You can totally change the way someone looks at a piece of art by its frame, and I felt like my "frame" was worn, splintery wood.

I'd tried just about everything, until I stumbled across Dr. Diep on youtube and decided to put that on my definite to-do list. I'm very happy. Ecstatic even. I feel like Dr. Diep restored a part of my life, not just my hair. :)